Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2005, 21:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Rocks n Rules

just caught this news on NDTV

Bannarghata Road gets the dubious distinction of being chosen the WORST ROAD in the country.

I guess congratulations are in order
Old 31st October 2005, 21:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
just caught this news on NDTV

Bannarghata Road gets the dubious distinction of being chosen the WORST ROAD in the country.

I guess congratulations are in order

Yippppieee...Im hell proud to be a bangalorean!!! That means I have an edge over all you mumbaites and others when it comes to driving on bad roads...heheee...I drive past bannerghatta rd every business day!!! God bless me.
Old 31st October 2005, 22:06   #3
BHPian

Joining the club........ I live on Bannerghatta Road! This road was built abt 6 months back.... Before this, there was mud road! And courtesy the rains, whatever was built has been washed away...... so slowly we are moving to the no road situation.
I guess in the main city, this would be road with maximum number of IT companies... Oracle, Accenture, Macromedia, Aztec, LSI Logic, IBM, HSBC, Honeywell plus many small ones..... and they have multiple offices on the same road... And the jewel in the crown, IIM Bangalore! Dunno how the ploiticians do this and get away with it

Last edited by mohit : 31st October 2005 at 22:11.
Old 31st October 2005, 22:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats guys!...
Old 31st October 2005, 23:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
so slowly we are moving to the no road situation.
I guess in the main city, this would be road with maximum number of IT companies... Oracle, Accenture, Macromedia, Aztec, LSI Logic, IBM, HSBC, Honeywell plus many small ones..... and they have multiple offices on the same road... And the jewel in the crown, IIM Bangalore! Dunno how the ploiticians do this and get away with it
Perfect way to scare away foriegn investors.
Old 31st October 2005, 23:41   #6
Team-BHP Support

I agree. Just one ride on bannerghatta road was enough for me to never come to that side of the town again.
Anyways congrats to all bangaloreans for the honours. Cheers!
Old 31st October 2005, 23:53   #7
Team-BHP Support

Currently, Bangalore only rocks. Thanks to our fantastic slobish govt. Sitting there and and making remarks.

I've never seen Bangalore going to dogs like this.
Mr KRISHNA where are you.....????
Old 1st November 2005, 00:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Change the title to Rocks and Rolls...there are rocks for roads and driving on them makes you roll. Thanks Bangalore - I got my share of off-roading this time around thanks to the floods on the Koramangala-Domlur stretch, the pathetic 80-feet road in Koramangala which genuinely requires a 4X4 to navigate (its worse than Bannarghatta, if thats any consolation), Bannarghatta road of course, and the fact that it took me about 50 mins to travel 3 to 4 kms from my hotel on Museum Road to Prerna Motors in Adugodi.

The city scares away other Indians, so why bother talking about foreign investors?
Old 1st November 2005, 00:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations guys!
Look at the positive side. You could end up with severe back problems and sue the government for millions. At least your great great grand children will get a few thousands if not millions.

Quote:
it took me about 50 mins to travel 3 to 4 kms from my hotel on Museum Road to Prerna Motors in Adugodi.
What waste of precious time! And we have dreams of becoming a super-power. I remember, when i took delivery of my Palio S10 in 2003, it was dhan teras and I started from Anuroop, Goregaon at 7 pm and reached Chembur at 9.40 pm! The distance will probably be not more then 25 kms I am sure.
Yesterday, I started from my friends house in Missisauga at 7.51 pm, drove 49 kms to my house in Toronto and was at home surfing the net at 8.20 pm! We waste so much of our precious time driving in Indian cities. The only way, hopefully, to make the politicians realise the problem is to have them do the driving without any of the pilot cars clearing the way ahead for them.

Last edited by amit : 1st November 2005 at 00:33.
Old 1st November 2005, 00:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Yesterday, I started from my friends house in Missisauga at 7.51 pm, drove 49 kms to my house in Toronto and was at home surfing the net at 8.20 pm! We waste so much of our precious time driving in Indian cities.

Unfair comparison, I would say. You'll probably find more polar bears than people in Canada, which is not the situation here. And there are any number of cities in the world where it takes as long to get from one point to another - the only difference is that you dont have to suffer bad roads and worse road manners on top of the traffic.
Old 1st November 2005, 00:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfair comparison, I would say. You'll probably find more polar bears than people in Canada,
Not really. I agree it was a sunday and that with better driving habits helped but you have to look at the Toronto traffic jams. Yea there are traffic jams here too. And what makes it worse is that the 401 highways get jammed daily in rush hours. . Just this morning I was stuck for 20 minutes on the exit ramp off 401. There was a long line of cars but no one jumped lanes, no one squeezed out from the right turning lane into the next lane and then near the right turn squeezed back honking wildly at others.
Old 1st November 2005, 12:06   #12
BHPian

Finally we have another achievement...we aren't only the IT capital...but also the Pothole Capital...
The govt. must be ashamed of this and must take immediate action.
Old 1st November 2005, 16:38   #13
BHPian

hey...isnt Bangalore also known as the Garden city?

With all those Greenery making way for the concrete jungle how about planting plants in the pot holes..

We will be the undisputed garden city then!

Used to eat at Adiga's in bannerghatta road quite often and i can vouch for its claim!
Old 1st November 2005, 20:59   #14
BHPian

the intermediate ring road is one of the few roads that is commutable ... after all the hue and cry that is being raised, i wonder why no action takes place? does anyone have any political connections so that they get to see this post? heh, just a passing thought
Old 2nd November 2005, 08:23   #15
BHPian

My 2 cents - The roads are not bad just in blore, but the Karnataka Govt seems to have neglected the whole aspect totally.

I went to cbe on sunday, took the mysore-satyamangalam-cbe route. The roads fron Najangud onwards were so bad that i could barely managae 30-40 kmph. Just after Nanjangud, there was a 4 feet wide 2 feet deep pothole bang on the middle of the road! It caught me unaware and I had to pay for it with the front skirt :(

I just had to cross into the tamilnadu border and the road quality became really good. The roads were really smooth and enjoyable...

So much for the IT city. And dont mention the hosur road to me!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks