Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 08:05   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Belated thanks after an internet-free week!

Thanks, fellow BHPers, the warm wishes are much appreciated, especially as I got grey hairs for my birthday!

They've been hanging around on the sidelines (sideboards, actually) for a few years, but right at the front: this is the first time!

The day was spent on the backwaters and lake between Alleppey and Kumerakom. The week was spent staying in Alleppey. It was good and wet at times, quite often in fact --- but we were even greeted by a heavy shower on arrival back in Chennai.

We gave up the idea of buying a house in Kerala two years back (and all advise received then acknowledged), but hey, it's hard to go there without ending up looking at a house or two! Somehow I'm glad that the out-of-station guy who was selling the 100-year-old house never contacted us with the price! Pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to afford the teak, let alone the land, and from outside, at least, it looked like the only option would have been to demolish it, and reuse the timber in a rebuild.

Nice dream, but bottom line is that no car access is just not sensible, especially for a guy that does not do two-wheelers. Access by boat only is a dream I should have lived in my twenties!

So that's my birthday week, and now I'm back to the Chennai heat --- and the internet!
Old 8th July 2010, 08:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
rjstyles69 : I know am late,
When you're late, this is what you should get :
Quote:
thadDD. !!
@TEG, welcome back. So when's the next house hunting happening ?
Old 9th July 2010, 02:09   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh heck... it is going to trundle along in the background, and may, or may not come to anything. So far, it is hard to get people to understand what we want: an average size house in a smallish plot. Not thirty or forty cents of land which must be either tended as a garden or worked as trees etc....

I'll let you know about the places we see next birthday
Old 30th June 2011, 11:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Happy Birthday : Thad E Ginathom

As usual, I will be having a few internet-free days around the date of my birthday, so thanks and acknowledgements to friends will be the usual few days after the event

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks