Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 00:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

F1head, one question. What is the use of correcting the manufacture year in the RC now? Resale value? It is a 6 year old car. How much would you gain? Is it worth the trouble for you and your family? Just something to think about.
Old 7th July 2010, 01:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Is it worth the trouble for you and your family? Just something to think about.
+1

Also, I'm beginning to think how Hyundai should be involved in this when this is a mistake from the dealer's side. As a manufacturer, they've supplied the car to the dealer & from then on, its all in the dealer's hand. If the dealership is closed, no other dealership will accept it as their mistake & try resolving this problem.
Old 7th July 2010, 09:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
F1head, one question. What is the use of correcting the manufacture year in the RC now? Resale value? It is a 6 year old car. How much would you gain? Is it worth the trouble for you and your family? Just something to think about.
Resale value is definitely 1 concern apart from the fact that its probably illegal to have the wrong year of manufacture on the RC. God forbid, a shrewd insurance company might exploit this in case of a claim. Also in this process I have learnt how much Hyundai values me as a customer.

Like I said, I will be giving up if Hyundai doesnt reply by this week as I go out of station and dad cant pursue it with them.

Sharing the experience is important for future customers of Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Also, I'm beginning to think how Hyundai should be involved in this when this is a mistake from the dealer's side. As a manufacturer, they've supplied the car to the dealer & from then on, its all in the dealer's hand. If the dealership is closed, no other dealership will accept it as their mistake & try resolving this problem.
The funny part is that I don't even want them to do anything special, any manufacturer should be able to certify date of manufacture of a commodity they manufacture especially in the case of an expensive commodity like a car.

Even if they don't do that, getting the year from chassis no. is a 2 minute job, just that there doesn't seem to be a will to help from their side.
Old 7th July 2010, 12:35   #19
BHPian

Wanted to share some good news, this time I told them that I was looking at legal options and CCed the mail to top Hyundai execs alongwith the customer care email and I finally got a reply (1st one ).

They are saying that they are sending the letter by courier. Will update when it arrives. Thanks to all those who supported me through this , turns out the best way to make a company respond is by CCing the mails to their seniors detailing their inaction in the same or suggesting that you are going for legal action or both.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks