Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2010, 02:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVictor View Post
So what I did I do?

I talked them off to not do it on weekends; which is fine by me.

Ofcourse, the conclusion couldn't have been arrived at if someone 'discussed' this in a friendly, easy-going manner. You know what I mean.

/Peace
iVictor
So, you finally spoke to them in their language. As we all know, being multilingual always helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
You're getting into the mode of "perfect Indian" Victor; sad to hear this, but this is how things work in this country.
Not just in India, people love to hate contractors all over. It is truly a global phenomenon.
Old 10th July 2010, 19:57   #17
BHPian

For what it's worth, just placing a few wooden sheets (plywood types) upright between the cutting machine and your direction helps by reducing the audible sound to a considerable extent.
I've also read about computer softwares available which once fed a repetitive sound creates phase shifted sound which 'cancels' out the original sound. Quite similar to active noise cancelling headphones and IMO it should be fairly easy to play it out on your laptop and give it a shot.
Old 12th July 2010, 00:42   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
You're getting into the mode of "perfect Indian" Victor; sad to hear this, but this is how things work in this country.
Didn't get what you mean! What's with the 'Perfect Indian' mode?
Old 12th July 2010, 00:49   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So, you finally spoke to them in their language. As we all know, being multilingual always helps.
No, I spoke in English and Hindi only.

Quote:
Not just in India, people love to hate contractors all over. It is truly a global phenomenon.
Isn't this a very generic statement here? Most people give priority to getting their work done and not getting concerned about anybody else getting hit by it. I don't have any issues with the first part but I object on the second.

You get on someone's nerve, you'll get a reaction sooner or later.

/Peace
iVictor

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks