Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 14:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Hey Coolfyre,
If I'm not wrong the minimum balance for Citibank is Rs. 25,000/-, I remember getting an email from them sometime back regarding this. I'm trying to dig up that email from them. Let me double check with them today and I hope it is 10K

Cheers!
-Z
I closed my citibank account about a year ago. So until then for my account the minimum balance was Rs. 10,000.
Old 14th August 2010, 12:57   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2010 at 11:38.
.sushilkumar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th August 2010, 21:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Another option is to pay the CC bill through the CC issuing bank's website using internet banking (of saving account).

Drawback is that you need to enter the CC number manually every time, which is slightly error prone and tideous.

Advantage is that there is no extra charge if you make the payment in this method.

Rohan

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2010 at 11:38. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 16th August 2010, 06:29   #34
BHPian

[quote=pranavt;2024039] I am being harassed by Vodafone's collection agency since the past 15 days because some idiot has given my Airtel number as an alternate. The collection agency people are morons, so I don't blame them. quote]

Same here. Someone has given my number as alternate and the collection guys have been calling me since 1 year. I tell them to stop calling me but they say straight on my face "Sir, unless you give us the number of the person we will keep calling you". I was like and waiting when they give up.

Another Beware - Most of the guys who own citibank cards would be knowing what kind of Morons are behind the phone in customer care. Just ask them to transfer the call to supervisor. Once the call is transferred, you issue will be resolves withing 5 mins. No hold and no frustration.
Old 16th August 2010, 13:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Same here. Someone has given my number as alternate and the collection guys have been calling me since 1 year. I tell them to stop calling me but they say straight on my face "Sir, unless you give us the number of the person we will keep calling you". I was like and waiting when they give up.
One year? You have lots of patience buddy! Get a phone with recording capabilities and record a couple of calls. Go and complain to the nearest police station and if needed pass on these call recordings to some TV channels.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
One year? You have lots of patience buddy! Get a phone with recording capabilities and record a couple of calls. Go and complain to the nearest police station and if needed pass on these call recordings to some TV channels.
It is not that easy how it sounds. I have tried all these already. The cops don't bother and are too lazy. This is not a crime according to them and they say settle the matter with the bank. TV channels also don't find it 'entertaining enough' to publish it anywhere.

I have 2 option, fool around with them on phone, or change my number. I choose the first one whenever I am free
Old 5th July 2012, 19:03   #37
mo1
BHPian

Re: The BEWARE Thread

This is about the Petrol pump/bunk/station(whatever you call it) guys tricks to loot customers.
(I am sure some of you might have already faced this but still posting for a greater good and just to stress that this still happens!)

Just back from Kasat petrol Pump on Karve road. This is just before Karishma/Maruti Mandir traffic light in Kothrud in Pune.

I usually don't get fooled by the tricks of these guys but today was different and I am robbed by Rs.150.

This is how it happened:
1. I entered the pump to fill diesel. As usual, I got down and asked the guy to do a tankful.
2. At the very moment, the other guy asked if I would pay by CC or cash. And I started looking to that guy. THIS WAS THE MISTAKE.
3. When I was done answering that guy, this guy had started filling and stopped @ Rs. 150 on the meter. I asked why. He said power failure. Then he did reset the meter and started filling again.
4. When the tank was full, bill was 1050. He added 150 and I ended up paying 1200.

I was really in a hurry and thats why I realized this later that the display did show 150 but the "Litre" count was "2". So this definitely was the previous reading for petrol.
I was sure I would need only half tank - that is about 22 Litres which comes to ~Rs. 1000. anyways.

Lesson that I have learnt - Just ignore anyone trying to talk to you, when you have just asked the guy to start filling.

Hope this post helps someone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks