Team-BHP - New games, are they being a bit too arcadish???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   New games, are they being a bit too arcadish??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/8722-new-games-they-being-bit-too-arcadish.html)

Need For Speed is now concentrating more on street racing and tuners. Its getting a little irritating. The last proper supercar Need For Speed were III-HP and II-SE. Porsche is also good although I've played it just once.

The current line up is not bad. Moreover, I hated NFSU2 although it had some cool stuff, but I still prefer NFSU graphics to it. NFSU2 is more cartoon-ish.

I hope its as good as Porsche Unleashed.
That was the best NFS ever. Nothing, I repeat nothing from them has ever come even close to that game. Such involving gameplay, + tasks which required doing 360s etc. Hope they can recreate the magic.

Quote:

I hope its as good as Porsche Unleashed.
That was the best NFS ever. Nothing, I repeat nothing from them has ever come even close to that game. Such involving gameplay, + tasks which required doing 360s etc. Hope they can recreate the magic.
Personally I feel Hot Pursuit 2 (NFS6, the one after Porsche) was a much better game. The cars were more stable and felt more powerful. This went away in NFSU and NFSU2, but its back in NFSMW. Most Wanted is a fusion of the Underground style car modding and feel and the Hot Pursuit 2 locations and handling and also the feel. Nice!

- Aalaap

the porsche unleashed was the ultimate in simulation in the NFS series yet man reason perhaps a lot of people didnt like it ..cars in NFS 5 went as fast as they were supposed to go at the given power ..

Quote:

Need For Speed is now concentrating more on street racing and tuners. Its getting a little irritating.
True. Why can't they forget the kid stuff for a change and bring out a hardcore racing version which concentrates more on vehicle balance and dynamics rather than body styling, vinyls and outright power.

The handling on all the NFS versions post NFS5 is crap.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
True. Why can't they forget the kid stuff for a change and bring out a hardcore racing version which concentrates more on vehicle balance and dynamics rather than body styling, vinyls and outright power.
The handling on all the NFS versions post NFS5 is crap.
Shan2nu

If NFS,NFSU2 seem to kiddish with more of graphics ..then burns rally is the best for you..
If you guys want real hardcore tuning and physics which actually reflect the changes u made try out Richard Burns rally. Its meant for hardcore carfreaks only .. Richard Burns actually explains in his voice the handbrake turns,left foot braking etc .. also u guys should see the tuning options ..NFSU,NFSU2 and ColinMcrae just seem pale as compared to this ...

Quote:

If NFS,NFSU2 seem to kiddish with more of graphics ..then burns rally is the best for you..
If you guys want real hardcore tuning and physics which actually reflect the changes u made try out Richard Burns rally. Its meant for hardcore carfreaks only .. Richard Burns actually explains in his voice the handbrake turns,left foot braking etc .. also u guys should see the tuning options ..NFSU,NFSU2 and ColinMcrae just seem pale as compared to this ...
True, but then thats a rally game. I want something with circuit racing. I'm not sure how detailed, the changes on GT4 are.

GT4 is supposed to have realistic car behaviour but the question is, can those variables be changed according to an individual's needs?

Can i set a car for oversteer or understeer. Can the gear ratios be altered to match a particular ciruit. Can suspensions be softened or hardened depending on the road conditions. Can tyre pressure be increased/decreased to improve corner entry.

And what about aerodynamics, brake balance, toe angles etc. You can get all of that on NFS5. If GT4 has them, then it'll probably be worth every penny.

Shan2nu

yes it is not circuit racing ... but it has all those settings which can be customised as per your needs ..gearing, dampening, camber etc that you have described..

Stupid Statment --- >>> Games are games and if u want the real stuff get yourself on the road with you car.

I see mixed reaction regarding NEED FOR SPEED.
I always Loved need for speed ever since the third edition. Now everyone can say that anything older than 5th edition is a crap. But lets rewind. What else did u guys have 8 years back... Racing Simulation from car manufacturers???? hehehehe!!!!
Those games were the best when they were released.
I do agree that Underground 2 is a bit of drag!!!
And Porsche unleast is supercool!!!
I have already downloaded the Most wanted demo from website. Its cool. Cant afford the retail verson.

This is on my car.

hey im getting nfs most wanted in a day any body in mumbai want it just drop me a pm ill try and arrange to send it..

i said ill try not for sure lol.

Rev

The most important thing in games is " FUN ".

U should enjoy the game to the fullest. Some people do feel that the NFSU,.... are a bit on the arcade style. But, IMO i really had fun playing these games. Nothing like making a street car into a really fast car. Its like DIY. U'll love the process of winning money, upgrading the car. Just like most of us want to do in the real world. :)

Is there any game for the formula1 races?? If so which one is the present version.how much will a cd cost??

F1 2002 for PC and F12005 for PS2 br EA Sports.superb games.play it all the time before the F1 weekend.

Cost about 500rs for PC version,i bought it for 1399 in 2003.

Among all the NFS games i have played, i liked only the Porsche Unleashed after that all the games released feel very artificial.

well porsche unleashed i feel really puts u in the drivers seat.u gotta make a name in the game like in real life its the best i feel.If u want arcade racing for the thrill of it then underground series are for you

karl.