Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2005, 20:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dont go overboard on Gates and Windows!

With the whole country literally falling over itself to fawn over Mr. William Gates, it was left to Rahul Bajaj to snap us out of this blind adulation and bring us crashing back to reality.

Read on:

Indian Express

This comes close on the heels of a discussion in another thread about our fixation with all things foreign.

Its a reminder to us that everything foreign isnt necessarily Godsend....
Old 7th December 2005, 20:43   #2
BHPian

Sadly how true :(

But no one likes to hear the truth !!!
Old 7th December 2005, 20:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice and hillarious quotes from Mr. Bajaj. Surely, he touched few sore points for us. But, in same tone, I wish Mr. Bajaj was 10% passionate about improving his products and offerings as Bill is for Windows. I still see those aweful 3 wheelers and scooters, with lot to improve for last few decades.
Old 7th December 2005, 21:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Very true but then India and Indians have a tradition of going overboard everytime a firang comes to our country even if he/she is a has been. Micheal Jackson and some other popstars (I forgot their names by now) are an example. They came in way after their prime and everyone here, including the media went gaga over them as if God himself has come to India.
We need to learn to put up our self respect and price. Right now Bill Gates and other western countries and companies need us more then we need them.
Old 7th December 2005, 21:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
. Micheal Jackson and some other popstars (I forgot their names by now) are an example.
Jethro Tull, Euriah Heep, Dizzy Gillespie, to name a few. All come here when they're past sell-by date abroad.

Bill Gates has been going around laying out the agenda for India's growth, as though he is the CEO of this entity. IMHO no other country would take this kind of pontificating lying down - Pakistan included. They know how to put such people in their place.

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th December 2005 at 21:06.
Old 9th December 2005, 12:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Bill Gates huh? Mr Bajaj raised a nice point, but as RX states, what about Bajaj?

None the less, Mr. Gates should learn how to use his 'window' of opportunity to be less condescending and a bit more humble. And it will be nice if all our netas and officials get a dose of self respect ....
Old 9th December 2005, 14:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Where have you been, TypeO? Long time no see?
Old 9th December 2005, 14:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Where have you been, TypeO? Long time no see?
I have the same question! Where art thou, Bernard?
Old 9th December 2005, 16:55   #9
BHPian

you guys should have seen some politicains down south, asking gates to provide more software jobs for people in tamilnadu, man what do you call these people?? and the minister says, gates came down to chennai because of the invitation that he had given and nothing else!!! what sort of minister would like to say things like that!! i know i'm being a bit too abrasive here, and am gonna rub someone the wrong way! if i have already done that, i would like to apologize, but i still would say what i say!
ak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks