Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2005, 20:35   #1
BHPian

Military Registration Problem

people i need some urgent help..
ive seen this 83 jeep . it belonged to the military..
when asked about the registration papers..the dealer told me tha it was used by the military..so they give u like a military voucher and from that u can get it registered from the rto and u get a 2005 registration.. i wanted to check on this from anyone who has any knowledge regarding this...please i need to do this fast..
thanks
allan almeida
Old 15th December 2005, 11:09   #2
BHPian

Dudes Need Help Ugently
Old 15th December 2005, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is better you get the details from the RTO office. Even if this in practice, I guess they may ask to pay taxes ( Road tax and other extra stuffs)

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th September 2009 at 18:41. Reason: Font tags removed (old post)
Old 24th February 2006, 10:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Military Vehicle regn procedure for civillians

When Military Vehicle are auctioned.
The person who wins the bid(and buys the vehicle) gets a Voucher & Gate Pass (to leave the Military Premises with the vehicle)

1) The Voucher & Gatepass must be in the same name.
2) The vehicle can only be registered FIRST by the person in whose name the Voucher & GatePass have been issued and ONLY in the STATE mentioned in the bidders Address in the Voucher.

PS - I own an Ex-AirForce JEEP (1985)
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 22:24   #5
BANNED

Hi Arka,

I that case if i buy a jeep from scrap dealer then according RC book i will be a second owner?
Old 8th November 2009, 09:50   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Arka,

I that case if i buy a jeep from scrap dealer then according RC book i will be a second owner?

Almost two months and none of my buddies have reverted?

so i assume it is first registered on the scrap dealer name and then transferred to the buyer.Am i right
Old 8th November 2009, 21:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost two months and none of my buddies have reverted?
This is what happens when you bump up a very old thread !!!
Maybe it is better to PM them.

Quote:
...so i assume it is first registered on the scrap dealer name and then transferred to the buyer.Am i right
AFAIK, it is first registered in the name of the winning bidder (need not necessarily be a scrap dealer), and then transferred to the actual user.
Old 10th November 2009, 01:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Allan if you contact your nearest RTO they would be able to tell you. but i doubt it could be registered in mumbai. like in delhi it cannot be registered no more.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:27   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
This is what happens when you bump up a very old thread !!!
Maybe it is better to PM them.

I did that too.but no one reverted even after sending remainders ! may be they didnt want to share the info .I am gonna take this as a challenge and find it out my self.

and help people like me.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

No need to get upset.

You got all the info that was needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
2) The vehicle can only be registered FIRST by the person in whose name the Voucher & GatePass have been issued and ONLY in the STATE mentioned in the bidders Address in the Voucher.
Therefore, you will be the 2nd owner.
Old 7th September 2010, 12:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
When Military Vehicle are auctioned.
The person who wins the bid(and buys the vehicle) gets a Voucher & Gate Pass (to leave the Military Premises with the vehicle)

1) The Voucher & Gatepass must be in the same name.

PS - I own an Ex-AirForce JEEP (1985)
a similar Air Force jeep (with flag, more chrome and a beacon light) was used by my uncle, and I am sure that it had a petrol engine, as it barely used to make any sound and my uncle was a pretty fast driver, used to look fab. would love to own a petrol one, if available
Old 7th September 2010, 12:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arka,

josh guy, I can't comment on what would be your ownership number, but as for registration, it will proove to be an uphill task to get it regwhich number of owners, but not impossible

there are guys in Pune who have done it after prooving with evidence that thier refurbished vehicles are compliant to the norms

so if you are determined then just go for it
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:02   #13
BANNED

How is the registration process for government auction vehicle ,I see lots of jeeps and gypsy for sale with TN 01 G xxxx and so on.

I am keeping away from such vehicles as I think I have to run behind them for registration
Old 28th September 2013, 01:29   #14
BHPian

Re: Military Registration Problem

Quote:
How is the registration process for government auction vehicle ,I see lots of jeeps and gypsy for sale with TN 01 G xxxx and so on.

I am keeping away from such vehicles as I think I have to run behind them for registration
The Registration process for Government Auctioned vehicles is very simple. Usually these jeeps are without Taxes and Insurance. Get the vehicle insured and submit TO forms to the RTO, you'll be required to pay the Life Time Tax for the vehicle. The taxes are calculated on a pro rata basis. Once the taxes are paid, the transfer of ownership will be effected in the name of the bidder. You are allowed to retain the same no with G.
One of our form members Jerrycan does this very often.
Regards
Geje
Old 29th September 2013, 16:47   #15
BANNED

Re: Military Registration Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geje View Post
The Registration process for Government Auctioned vehicles is very simple. Usually these jeeps are without Taxes and Insurance. Get the vehicle insured and submit TO forms to the RTO, you'll be required to pay the Life Time Tax for the vehicle. The taxes are calculated on a pro rata basis. Once the taxes are paid, the transfer of ownership will be effected in the name of the bidder. You are allowed to retain the same no with G.
One of our form members Jerrycan does this very often.
Regards
Geje
Thanks you Geje

BTW i guess it is easier than Army vehicles

Any idea how Ex army vehicles are registered ? Guess it is quite difficult or rather potrayed as difficul by the brokers,

Most of the RTO brokers dont know how to register them so i am keeping away from MM550's

Another issue is these scrap dealers who take the bid,they quote exorbitant prices for those rust buckets

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks