Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2010, 20:02   #1
BANNED

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr

Dear All,
I really dont know how to put this infront of you .

Everyone is aware of the incident of 26.11, I also was amongst millions who watched it on TV .

One particular news struck me , it was about Major Sandeep Unnikrisnan, a brave man in his thirties lost his life at Taj .

I followed this story on every channel for last 2 years . It was his father who influenced me so much & also his mother .

I had decided to meet them at once ,just to touch their feet . I was planning a trip to Banguluru also .

But suddenly I saw a news in local papers , I couldnt believe Mr.& Mrs.Unnikrihnan were in my town .He is 62 & is on a bicycle trip from India Gate ( Dellhi ) to Gateway of India ( Mumbai ) for the purpose of paying hommage to the martyers.

Yesterday I attended a function in Pune where I saw them both , but unfortunately I couldnt meet them because of the crowd . But surely I intend to visit them .

Mr. Unnikrishnan is a very much commonly behaving but uncommonly Impressive figure .

Here I have few pictures to share with you .
Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-dscn0948.jpg

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-dscn0950.jpg

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-dscn0958.jpg

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-dscn0961.jpg

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-dscn0972.jpg

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-dscn0987.jpg

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 21:06   #2
BHPian

@sudarshan - I am very happy that you attended the function organized in memory of Major Sandeep and saw his parents.I wish I could also meet them.

Mr.Unnikrishnan is doing a wonderful thing by cycling throughout the nation enlighting us about our Martyrs.

We easily forget about those(men in Uniform) people who sacrifice their life today so that we can have lead a peaceful and prosperous life tomorrow.
Let us remember these great souls like Major Unnikrishnan and countless others who have sacrificed and continuing to sacrificing their lives for this Great nation.
Old 21st November 2010, 21:07   #3
BHPian

We should never forget these martyrs and their sacrifice, unfortunately we tend to overlook this overtime; some parasitic creatures even cache this and are ever ready to create scams like Adarsh; utterly disgusting and shameful!!!
Old 21st November 2010, 21:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

me & my friends did a candle rally last year.
Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-1.jpg

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-2.jpg

Mr. Unnikrishnan,Father of a Martyr-3.jpg
May God bless their soul's !
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 22:24   #5
BHPian

Sandeep Unnikrishnan and I were together in NDA. He was a year junior to me. A great if somewhat unassuming guy. It was great knowing him and what he did does not surprise me. Not only for the kind of person he was, but, for the organisation where he was groomed and brought up (and in this I mean the parent organisation, not the NSG). Most important of all perhaps was the fact that he was initiated into the world of men in uniform in the hallowed corridors of NDA. Capt Saurav Kalia who was the first Martyr in Op Parakram was also from the same Sqn as Unni and these are the people he grew up looking up to.
Condolences to his family for their loss.
But again as a poet famously said :
" What greater way to die
But facing fearful odds
For the ashes of your fathers
And Temples of your Gods"

Last edited by neel385 : 21st November 2010 at 22:27.
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 22:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post

Mr. Unnikrishnan is a very much commonly behaving but uncommonly Impressive figure .
The fact that they have not tried to extract any mileage, of any sort whatsoever out of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan's heroic sacrifice just shows the class of the couple. Instead, they are quietly continuing their efforts to keep the memory of our bravehearts alive in our mind, and to encourage youngsters to look at the armed forces not only as a career, but as a calling.

May their tribe increase!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 23:11   #7
BHPian

Just takes me back to the saying on the Kargil memorial "when you go home, tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today".

Homage and respect.
luky_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 23:13   #8
BHPian

Yes, Mr Unnikrishnan is a man of real strong heart and he can do it.

I still remember an instance in which 2 days or something after Sandeep's death, those lame politicians including the Chief Minister of Kerala went to Sandeep's house, even after Mr Unnikrishnan requested them not to come just for the sake of it. He protested hard like no man and lead even the Chief Minister flee from the scene.

I Respect him.

Here is the Video

Old 21st November 2010, 23:27   #9
BHPian

One of the major roads in Yelhanka, Blr has been named Maj. Sandeep Unnikrishnan Rd. A good gesture and will go a long way in keeping his memory alive. I'm hoping they eventually erect a statue of him.
Old 22nd November 2010, 09:13   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The fact that they have not tried to extract any mileage, of any sort whatsoever out of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan's heroic sacrifice just shows the class of the couple. Instead, they are quietly continuing their efforts to keep the memory of our bravehearts alive in our mind, and to encourage youngsters to look at the armed forces not only as a career, but as a calling.

May their tribe increase!

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram , Thease are the exact words I was trying to find , to express myself .

True he is a very brave Father indeed .
I have a son too ( 9 yrs ) & I can feel his sorrrow ,I can sence what his mother must be going through. Sandeep was their only child .
It really takes a great personal Quality ,courage to overcome such a personal loss & yet commit one self to the Nation building task, that they are doing .

I Salute them ,the Unnikrishnan family , three of them .

We are safe because of thease selflessly serving people

Sudarshan
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:05   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

My Salute to Major Unnikrishnan and his parents. I wished I had known about this event in time - I would have attended it.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

I am proud for what the couple are doing to keep the dreams of their son alive. We sleep in peace knowing that the country is being guarded by brave people.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

My greatest respects to Mr.Unnikrishnan sir & his family for their sacrifice. I'm glad to live today for all the brave souls who're protecting us everyday.

@Sudarshan - Thanks for sharing the pic & have attended the function. Pls be fortunate enough to meet him sometime in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
My Salute to Major Unnikrishnan and his parents.
I thought Mr.Sandeep was Major & Mr.Unnikrishnan was his Father; or am I assuming something?

PS - I'm almost in tears by looking at Mr.Unnikrishnan; cannot imagine what he's undergoing in life having lost his Son.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:58   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

@Sudarshan - Thanks for sharing the pic & have attended the function. Pls be fortunate enough to meet him sometime in future.

I thought Mr.Sandeep was Major & Mr.Unnikrishnan was his Father; or am I assuming something?
Yes I am still planning to visit them & I will be restless till then .

'aargee' you are right ,Major Sandeep ( Unnikrishnan ), who sacrificed his life during NSG operation at 26/11, is the son of Mr & Mrs Unnikrishnan ( above pics ) .

Sudarshan
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

@Neel : Feel the same way. I happen to meet Sanddep few more times later on. A real gem of a guy.

I really appreciate the way Mr Unnikrishnan handled the matters. If you look at the parents you will find a deep pain hidden deep inside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks