Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:42   #1
BHPian

Should I remove my TBHP Sticker while selling my car?

My Dear Fellow BHPians,

I've decided to let go off my beloved Swift and have struck a deal with the buyer. He'll be taking delivery tomorrow.

I have the bright yellow "LIVE to DRIVE" on my Metallic Azure Grey at the rear just on the bottom left of the hatch door. I was to remove it before delivering the car as the buyer is not a T-BHPian! But he insisted to have it on as he also really liked the words.

I'm in two minds now. I need your help on deciding what to do here.

Am I being 'cult'ish by thinking of not providing the sticker to a non-BHPian?
Or should it be like that?

Or should I be more broad-minded in spreading the community?

Please throw your opinions here.

MODS: I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please move to the right section, Thanks.

Last edited by luvurride : 2nd December 2010 at 11:47.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think you should let the new owner have the sticker. Over the period of time he will get intrigued by the sticker and join the forum. I am sure later he will thank you for the sticker cum introduction and you can too thank him (in your mind) knowing that your ex-car is in good hands. What say.

I am sure you will be having other team BHP stickers for your new car.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:04   #3
BHPian

Since the buyer liked the words on the sticker, it will be OK to keep it like that. I believe that made him happy looking at it. If you remove the sticker, it might deform or peel of at one side. I would just suggest to let the sticker be there on the car.
yogeshnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

@Luvuride - Not sure how the new owner is going to treat the car or how he's going to drive. However, if you wish your car's identification not get bashed up on this thread then REMOVE them when you sell.

If I were you & selling the car even to another TBhpian, I would remove the stickers, idols or any of my signatures (in form of customization) when selling.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

You are thinking TOO much. If someone wants, he can later put a counterfeit TBHP sticker on his own. Take it off only if you know what you're doing & can do so without affecting the aesthetics!
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Luvuride - Not sure how the new owner is going to treat the car or how he's going to drive. However, if you wish your car's identification not get bashed up on this thread then REMOVE them when you sell.

If I were you & selling the car even to another TBhpian, I would remove the stickers, idols or any of my signatures (in form of customization) when selling.
@aargee, I'm with you. That thread was the first sight of apprehension that made me think of removing the sticker. I was also under the same impression and was about to remove them while handing over, but since this buyer insisted on leaving them on, courtesy took over and got me to a dilemma I'm in now.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

@luvuride,
In the process of removing it, the bumpers might get messy and i believe the owner would not like that.
And as mentioned by you, the owner likes the sticker. Just inform him about the background of the sticker and forum, specially the tbhp sticker spotting thread.
Then the owner himself will decide to leave it or remove it.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:05   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Better to remove all personalized, customized identification marks from your vehicle in case you are selling it
Including all Office building access stickers, Apartment Building stickers, Gated community stickers, Club membership stickers and so on.
Safer and better.

Plus the car will be completely anonymous and in that sense a "clean slate" for the new owner to put his/ her marks of personalization on.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You are thinking TOO much.
Too much? Why would someone want to deliberately put a counterfeit one? If at all they do, then they should've been unhappy with TBhp in a way or other. My point is, just give back the car as stock as possible when you sell AND, don't be responsible even by mistake to do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
but since this buyer insisted on leaving them on, courtesy took over and got me to a dilemma I'm in now.
Hmmm...buyer should've been knoweldgable about TBhp I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
In the process of removing it, the bumpers might get messy and i believe the owner would not like that.
Bet you beer to dollar, TBhp stickers WILL NOT damage the paint or car when removing them. I myself have removed stickers several times & it has not affected the paint or car in anyway.

Just curious - have you removed them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Better to remove all personalized,...put his/ her marks of personalization on.
+1; bang true!!!
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Don't bother removing the sticker now, especially since the new owner has mentioned that he likes it. But do brief him about our community and what it stands for.

Team-BHP stickers can be purchased by non-members also, it can't be called a personalized item.

But please so remove all other stickers as mentioned by Shankar.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 2nd December 2010 at 13:41.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:46   #11
BHPian

I seriously prefer to remove the sticker before the car is sold. You might not know how good the car will be maintained and loved or how good the car will be driven later.
There is chance the new owner is a bad driver and the sticker on the car will lead to comments like "is it a BHPian doing such a poor driving" from those who know what team-bhp is. It is just my opinion, and the decesion is again what your heart says.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:53   #12
NFS
BHPian

I would remove all my identification. Never know now-a-days who buys from you and with what intentions? Care should be taken while removing stickers, so that we do NOT end up damaging the windshield (read scratches) or the paint. As suggested here in this thread, do persuade him to visit our forum and if he is interested he may join (read: learn to respect all road users).
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:55   #13
BHPian

If I were you,I'd remove all those "personal belongings"
One reason being that the new owner might like the sticker but might not be educated about this fantastic community.No offence about the new owner,but I'd want to retain that piece of memorabilia.
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Bet you beer to dollar, TBhp stickers WILL NOT damage the paint or car when removing them. I myself have removed stickers several times & it has not affected the paint or car in anyway.

Just curious - have you removed them?
Nope, i have never removed it still. That is the reason i was not sure if it will affect the paint.
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:27   #15
BHPian

I've already told him about the community and my intentions of removing them.
He did not seem keen about the community but insists on having the stickers for their aesthetic look it adds to, and the words. He even went to the extent of saying that if I'm so particular, then I can remove just the Team-BHP on the side and leave the Live to Drive as it is. I am not convinced on doing this though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks