Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 05:08   #1
BHPian

Share your writings to a public forum about any petrolhead thing?

I was trawling through my old emails and found something which i wrote in year 2000 to SM krishna who was the cm of karnataka at that time. His office did acknowldege that email, but you know it never really got anyplace further to that..
Here is the one.. amusing :-)

Re:Fw: millenium wishes and suggestions to Honble CM.Monday, 3 January, 2000 23:21
From: "krishna sm" <smkrishna_2000@rediffmail.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: cmkrishna@bangaloreit.com
Dear ,
Happy new millenium year to you and your family.

I am directing your message to Commissioner, Bangalore Mahanagara Palike, Chairman, KPTCL, and Deputy Commissioner of Police(Traffic) for further necessary action.
Warm regards
SM Krishna

"CM" <cmkrishna@bangaloreit.com> wrote:

To: "gok" <smkrishna_2000@rediffmail.com>
Subject: Fw: millenium wishes and suggestions to Honble CM.
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 16:36:50 +0530

Mr S M Krishna,(HOnble Chief Minister, Karnataka)
sir,
good morning. i am xxxxna,23, an Engineer.
Kindly accept my best wishes for the millenium.
Though i am from Andhra, I have received a lot of love
from Karnataka. However, it pains to see some things,
not happening in the best of the ways.
here are some of my humble suggestions on our transport infrastructure.

1. If an ill-maintained vehicle breaks down in the middle of the road causing obstruction to traffic, this vehicle must be confisticated and the vehicle owner must be heavily penalised for causing public nuisance. People must realise that driving is a privilege and not a right and therefore must never do any act which could cause trouble to fellow road users. This penalty must be more grave for vehicles which do not give right of way to school buses and
emergency services like ambulances and fire engines.

2.vehicles with no rear lights and head lights should
be heavily fined. they are responsible for a lot of
accidents, because they cannot be spotted by another
vehicle ,thus invariably endangering human lives.

3. movement of tractors should be regulated(especially
on the highways)

4.multistoreyed parking buildings should be
constructed ( may be with private participation)i see
it as a very good way to ease unwarranted traffic
congestion due to vehicles parked on either side.

5. Create a fund called ward traffic fund where People without personal vehicle parking space in densely populated areas must pay taxes toward it. This money must be used towards creating better transport infrastructure for that ward.

6.Every independence and republic days, when school children gather in large numbers in huge grounds, bring prominent personalities who will influence these young minds about health,education and social responsiblity,including road sense in addition to patriotism.

7.The US has a concept of Jug handles in traffic, which means that we ensure our roads give as huge a radius as is possible to let vehicles take a u-turn. Wherever possible, dont let vehicles take a right turn at any main road. They must take a left before their intended right and follow the handle of a jug to reach to the other side of the road. This will ensure more speed per vehicle and therefore more vehicles cross the road in a given time and thereflore less congestion.

8. There is a limit to wider roads and flyovers.. What is more important that width of the roads is better traffic management. This is a scientific study and not probability.

Sir, i am so enthused by your call to the younger generation to contribute to various social means like the initiative headed by Mr Nandan, and janaagraha.
I wish you health and firm ground to achieve your progressive ideals to make Bangalore the next singapore.

Yours sincerely.
Old 7th December 2010, 07:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

I had written a mail to the Traffic police of Thane on their website regarding the everday traffic jams on Ghodbunder Road and at the flyover construction spots and was givene a complaint no. I got a reply albeit 2 weeks later describing the steps taken by the traffic dept to reduce the traffic congestion. In response I shot back another e-mail suggesting some measures to ease commuter traffic woes and till date recd no reply.

I guess the traffic guys respond only to the online complaints and am planning to write to them again.Hope they respond.
Old 7th December 2010, 07:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realactivex View Post
1. If an ill-maintained vehicle breaks down in the middle of the road causing obstruction to traffic, this vehicle must be confisticated and the vehicle owner must be heavily penalised for causing public nuisance. People must realise that driving is a privilege and not a right and therefore must never do any act which could cause trouble to fellow road users.
Though I accept to most of your points, I do not agree to this point. Breakdown can happen on even a well maintained car, are you suggesting that one should be penalised and his vehicle be confiscated for something that is out of the driver's control. I do not subscribe to your thought.

Instead of this, why didn't you suggest that the traffic police offer quick recovery vehicles to help stranded vehicles and charge a fee from them.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Though I accept to most of your points, I do not agree to this point. Breakdown can happen on even a well maintained car, are you suggesting that one should be penalised and his vehicle be confiscated for something that is out of the driver's control. I do not subscribe to your thought.

Instead of this, why didn't you suggest that the traffic police offer quick recovery vehicles to help stranded vehicles and charge a fee from them.
@speedmiester, this line speaks of ill maintained vehicles- read as trucks/private buses etc which are big enough to cause reasonable congestion. Thanks. Genuine problems in well maintained vehicles are always acceptable

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks