Team-BHP - Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/96143-aero-india-2011-airshow-bangalore.html)

9 - 13 Feb 2011

Hey guys.Very excited about the air show.Been waiting eagerly for the past two years.Would like to know from bhpians if cameras will be allowed to the
venue if anyone knows.And by cameras I mean dslr. Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 2233207)
Hey guys.Very excited about the air show.Been waiting eagerly for the past two years.Would like to know from bhpians if cameras will be allowed to the venue if anyone knows.And by cameras I mean dslr. Cheers!

Yes I have seen people shooting with all kind of camera gear. And yes DSLR's with all kinds of zooms.

I am also planning for it next week. And this is going to be my second air show visit. As for as i know there are no restrictions to take camera, But after you put a question i will have to re confirm it.

Cameras will be allowed.
Camera bags will NOT be allowed.

I am also eagerly waiting for the aero show. Only wondering how long i will be able to carry my 150-500 Sigma lens :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulZire (Post 2233231)
I am also planning for it next week. And this is going to be my second air show visit. As for as i know there are no restrictions to take camera, But after you put a question i will have to re confirm it.

I asked the guy whom I purchased the tickets from.He was wearing a HAL tag.He told me no cameras not even mobile phone cameras will be allowed:deadhorse.Dont think he knew.

i tried calling the numbers given in the site, but all the numbers are switched off !!!
sent an e-mail - no reply !!

i booked one ticket via on-line and i got a very pale looking print, since the colors used in the sites were dull. i hope i would be able to use that...

well, abt camera....the site says a BIG no for all type of bags. nothing specific about cell phone and camera. anyways, i am planning to go with my camera and tripod.

update : spoke with someone, who visited this last year. he said, they allow camera, no issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashlyak (Post 2238172)
i tried calling the numbers given in the site, but all the numbers are switched off !!!
sent an e-mail - no reply !!

i booked one ticket via on-line and i got a very pale looking print, since the colors used in the sites were dull. i hope i would be able to use that...

well, abt camera....the site says a BIG no for all type of bags. nothing specific about cell phone and camera. anyways, i am planning to go with my camera and tripod.

Thise who registered online will get a email confirmation with a Unique registration number. You have to carry a print out of that with the ID proof document you mentioned while registering

The email will be sent to you by "Aero India" <b2b@aeroindia.in>". Please check your Spam folder too, just in case.

Here is how the email looks:

Quote:

Thank you for registering for aero India 2011.
Your unique registration number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stage wise process of getting tickets:

1. After receiving unique id, take a print out and visit listed State Bank of India and other ticket sale counters (www.aeroindia.in). Tickets can also be collected from the ticket sale counters outside the Yelahanka base.
2. Show your identity proof and collect RFID enabled tickets. It takes some time. So kindly be patient.
3. One ticket is valid for one full day for one person. If you want to visit aero show on the subsequent day, entire process would have to be followed once again. Tickets are non-transferable.
4. Business visitors will have to park their cars in the P-9 parking (entry from Gate No. 8 and 9). Plz follow signage. Shuttle buses are available till the entry gate from the parking area.
5. Cameras are allowed. Please don’t carry baggage.
6. Food courts are there inside the venue.
7. As of now, there is no provision of reimbursement or readjustments of the amount paid.
8. On Saturday business visitor’s ticket is @ Rs 1,000/- per head. On Sunday there is no business visitor ticket as exhibition area will be open to the general visitor.
9. On the day of your visit, please carry the ticket and identity proof. Venue of the air show is Air Force Station Yelahanka on National Highway 7.

Regards,
Team Aero India

This not allowing to take photograph's of particular roads, bridges, other public infrastructure and events is really funny.

There are powerful and better alternatives with the foe to collect such data without using a human on such a spot. The country unfortunately has some really crazy rules.

Thanks to Kairalee for clearing the confusion. I too had put a query in the aero India site couple of weeks back asking if camera was allowed. Yet to get any reply from them.
And yes San Phrangmung completely agree with you cant understand the restriction on camera when you get satellite images of any place you want online.

^^

Cameras are allowed! What is the fun without the Cameras lol:

Last time I had clicked around 300+ pics :)

i just now visited Forum Mall for the tickets. But the counter is not opned today ! Went to SBI, and they have posted a big notice saying, they have stopped selling tickets, and it should be collected only from the venue.

Cameras are allowed and bags are also allowed. I just got back from it today and had no issues with my Tamrac Velocity. There were guys carrying huge backpacks walking around. At the gates, they check your bags before letting you in.

I am planning to go on Friday and Sunday also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairalee (Post 2238350)
Thise who registered online will get a email confirmation with a Unique registration number. You have to carry a print out of that with the ID proof document you mentioned while registering

The email will be sent to you by "Aero India" <b2b@aeroindia.in>". Please check your Spam folder too, just in case.

Here is how the email looks:

Thank you; did you try to register for a child? Except for passport, no other ID can be valid for a child/kid below 18 years :(

Great news, if they are allowing cameras, you guys start clicking and share the snaps for us who are far away and couldn\'t come. Specially be interested to see the newly inducted Sukhois.