Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 18:34   #31

How about all the lies and deceit the govt. has been doing to us all. How can the Indian govt, after declaring income tax free for 10 years (EOU's and SEZ's) turn around the following year and be like whoopsies, "i made a boo boo, im just going to tax you 18% now under something called MAT" its not income tax, its just based on your turn over or something. Blah blah blah. Why lower on import of solar cells? Shouldn't the govt. give Indians intensives to develop the new craze what is happening all over the world. Doing that will just make us import solar technology instead of investing in R&D for lowering cost or increasing optimization of cells.
Taxing hospitals? I dont know what the government was thinking about that.

But you really can't blame the finance minister for all this rubbish. I mean how many people are NOT paying income tax or exise or whatever tax people are suppose to pay. Roads have to be built. The poor has to be educated. And i need my electricity

FM shouldn't of taxed SEZ and EOU's once they allready declared those places an income tax free haven for manufacturing. It really looks bad on the international scene for foreign companies wanting to set up shop in India. Making the import of solar cells duty free from countries like China is only going to hurt us on the long run. Its supposedly the biggest craze right now. Making imports free on items like that will make us not invest enough in R&D to make solar cells cheaper and more effecient. making us loose in the future when we have to to or want to compete against them. Charging an "export tax" on iron, is ok i guess. We have to maintain cheap raw materials in India, opening that market for international export will deprive indian companies with a cheap RM increasing our prices of our goods. Overall i think the budget did not help the salaried employees or the corporates. Just for the people who vote the most. The poor man of India.

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th March 2011 at 22:50. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 20 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks