Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2006, 10:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Ranthambore national park, information needed

Hi guys,
If you can guide me
1. Best route from delhi? Planning to go by car. Whats the travel time if we start at 7am
2. Places to stay. How is Tiger den and Tiger moon resorts? Looking for a nice clean hotel, need not be very fancy. Budget 2000-3000/night.
3. Information in safaris. How much do they cost. Timings listed on website are for morning and evening safari, but could not find information on how to book etc.,
4. Anything else which must be taken care?
Old 10th January 2006, 11:40   #2
BHPian

Tsk,

I have mentioned about the route and essentials in a similar thread yesterday.
My recommendation would be via jaipur, tonk road, sawai madhopur.
Delhi – Jaipur :250 kms
Jaipur- Sawai Madhopur- 170 kms
After driving around 100 kms from Jaipur, you need to take a left turn to Sawai Madhipur. The last stretch of 70-75 kms does not have good roads .Takes around 8 hours to reach the place. You can also check "Chokhi Dhani" a village lifestyle based resort on Jaipur - tonk road.. Opens in evening around 5 costing 210/- per head. This includes the meal they serve in typical rajasthani way. Quite good.
For hotels, you may check with Bikaner house at India gate for RTDC booking. Their guest house "Jhoomer Bhavri" is located in a hill and costs around 1600/-. The reservation has to be made from delhi. If you book with RTDC, chances are bright for safari on maruti gypsy, which costs around 1600/- for 4 ppl, else open canters are available for around 200-250 per head. The latter are quite easily available and can be booked there only.

Tarun.

P.S. It would be pretty chill, so take care of woollens.
Old 10th January 2006, 11:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the info tarun, will book RTDC guest house.
Me and my wife are planning to go during the 26th jan break. Is it a good time to spot tigers? I have heard that is the only park where you have a chance of tigers.
Old 10th January 2006, 16:00   #4
BHPian

Only if the animals do not have a flag hoisting ceremony for 26th ;-)

Ranthambore has the highest probability of spotting tigers as the ratio of total jungle area and no. of tigers is higher than other parks. As per my exp. I have not spotted many animals during chill winter mornings , the jungle
gets richer as the day progresses. But in the end it all depends on how bright your day is. Good Luck !

Tarun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks