Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 11:04   #1
BHPian

A Rose for a Rider

Today on way to office in ORR i saw something special happening. It was just after the HSR bridge[under construction] there is a small junction near IOB. A traffic assistant controlling the traffic was having a big bunch of roses and he was giving a rose to all the riders ranging from a auto driver to some one in C-Class. When people asked why is it for, he was just smiling and that's it.

Though he did not give me, it is something nice for the people who got it to start a day. Whatever may be the reason !!

Any daily commuters through ORR had a chance to get a Rose and start your wonderful day ?
Old 9th June 2011, 11:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Rose for a Rider

I think it was Bangalore traffic police initiative. Read in an article. But remember that it was mostly to traffic offenders / smokers etc.

Good One.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I think it was Bangalore traffic police initiative. Read in an article. But remember that it was mostly to traffic offenders / smokers etc.

Good One.
I doubt it is for traffic offenders as it is not a signaled junction. He stopped the vehicles and made the vehicles on the other side to pass, then he went and gave it to the riders in stopped vehicles. Anyways that's a nice one if it is initiated by traffic police for some reason.
I think it is for people who stops immediately once he shows stop signal, as many will not mind to traffic assistants commands unless there is a traffic police nearby.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I doubt it is for traffic offenders as it is not a signaled junction. He stopped the vehicles and made the vehicles on the other side to pass, then he went and gave it to the riders in stopped vehicles. Anyways that's a nice one if it is initiated by traffic police for some reason.
I think it is for people who stops immediately once he shows stop signal, as many will not mind to traffic assistants commands unless there is a traffic police nearby.
This is part of Traffic day celebration by ORRCA - ORR Companies Association, a group of 25 compnies who have come together for betterment of civic amenities on ORR between AGARA Junction to Marathahalli junction. One of the key areas of ORRCA is traffic management wherein we partner with Bangalore traffic police. All the traffic wardens you see on ORR are funded by us. I am part of ORRCA.

The idea was to give rose to riders and ask them to follow traffic rules! Hope it works!!
Fauji is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks