Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 21:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sadist's On Road(Shoe Hurled at my moving car).

My Blood is still boiling and i am still infuriated as i type this.
I am still surprised as to what happened this morning.
Time-4-45AM
Location-NH-22.

While driving back to Ambala from Chandigarh,i was cruising smoothly at 85-90 around Derabassi.
Suddenly i hear a loud DHUM,and i see a few young morons running away in RVM.I Come to a Halt slowly,and by the time i came out to see what happened,the morons had vanished away in darkness.
I couldnt find anything,just then a passerby came up and pointed out to a shoe lying behind,a few feet away.
Then i realize,that there was a Dent on the rear fender,and there was black rubber stuck on the paint surface all over.
Wasting no time,i took a fast U turn,and headed out in search of morons.
I wasted 30 mins and took 3 rounds of the area,to find nothing.(Which was a good thing,as i was sooo angry,i would have probably run them over,if i had spotted them).
The damage was not much,and it was just a dent,thankfull without any damage to paint(Already got Dry denting done for a few hundered bucks),what infuriates me is Whyyy???????
and god forbid had it been a stone,i would have been looking at serious damage. I fail to understand,how can damaging a car give someone a high?
Old 1st July 2011, 22:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sadist's On Road(Shoe Hurled at my moving car).

Akshay - Its sad this hapenned and i can understand the emotions you would have gone through so early in the morning. It takes a bit of time, but i think you should just put this behind.

What comes to mind when i read this is the stone throwing incidents on the mumbai local trains. Its always been difficult for people to understand why "stones" were thrown at the Mumbai Local trains. There have been enough cases of injury , loss of vision etc..

The only explanation for your Whyyy???? is that who ever did it is a Sadist.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:04   #3
BHPian

This incident is really sad, these kind of morons are pure psychos. I always fail to understand what kind of sick pleasure do they guys get by performing such sadistic activities.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

What kind of insane person would do something like this? What car were you driving ?
akshay you never know maybe they wanted you to stop and get out of the car, Muggers any chance?
Old 1st July 2011, 23:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
What kind of insane person would do something like this? What car were you driving ?
akshay you never know maybe they wanted you to stop and get out of the car, Muggers any chance?
I was driving an Accent.
I saw them run away in RVM,after the shoe hit,so it cant be a case of mugging.
I still dont understand,what did they get after creating a dent on my car
Old 1st July 2011, 23:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

Sad to hear about this :(

Akshay, on my birthday in January, we had gone to a temple which proved to be a 350kms round trip.

On our way back, after having refreshments and due to the fact that all were hungry, my parents dozed off in the back seat and I was happily chugging along at 80-90kmph.

On my right, I saw 3 street urchins with a big stone ready to throw it at me. I couldn't brake as my parents would be jolted awake (seat belts on, but still)

The result?

By mistake, I put on whitener thinking that it would mask it, but was proven wrong. SVC touched it up, but still the spots are there.

I moved on as despite me rounding them up, or beating them up would yield in no result as the damage was done & couldn't be reverted.
Attached Thumbnails
Sadist's On Road(Shoe Hurled at my moving car).-img_0166.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 23:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

The divide between have and have-not's in India is getting wider day by day. I know that these words will not be of much use to you. But this is their kind of way to get back at a system which gave them nothing. There is no light at the end of tunnel for them.

OT: Vajpayee pet project, Swarna Shatabdi between Lucknow and Delhi was having imported Coaches with huge glass windows which proved to be magnets to stone throwers. Finally it had to be made into a night train. I think that is the only shatabdi which runs in night. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

That is really sad to hear. And its not just one person, we are getting more stories now

And on a note of concern, I can understand how much pressure these aimless, pointless, stupid attacks put on us. Getting punished for no reason can make anyone infurious, true. But please, for God sake don't get off your car, at untimely hours, trying to take on two or more sadists, who have got nothing to lose and enjoy annoying others or seeing others in pain is definitely not safe. Don't even stop the car, keep moving for at least a km or two before stopping and getting out to see what has happened, or even safer, get to the destination before stepping out! We never know what these maniacs are looking for!

And this also reminds me about a boy in my neighbourhood, who used to put nails on the road, scratch cars and hit the cars when no ones around, as he was jealous, his dad din't own a car then!

Last edited by aravind.anand : 1st July 2011 at 23:51.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
That is really sad to hear. And its not just one person, we are getting more stories now

And on a note of concern, I can understand how much pressure these aimless, pointless, stupid attacks put on us. Getting punished for no reason can make anyone infurious, true. But please, for God sake don't get off your car, at untimely hours, trying to take on two or more sadists, who have got nothing to lose and enjoy annoying others or seeing others in pain is definitely not safe. Don't even stop the car, keep moving for at least a km or two before stopping and getting out to see what has happened, or even safer, get to the destination before stepping out! We never know what these maniacs are looking for!
I totally agree with you here,but somehow i got too impatient at that moment.
Old 2nd July 2011, 00:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Akshay! were you traveling alone??

i would not recommend halting and chasing like this in wee hours in a place you know nothing about.

you can get another car in life. but not another life. you cannot imagine what kind of element roam around these days in our country. i know Punjab is much safer from where i come or places i usually travel but its definitely not recommended.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 00:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Akshay! were you traveling alone??

i would not recommend halting and chasing like this in wee hours in a place you know nothing about.

you can get another car in life. but not another life. you cannot imagine what kind of element roam around these days in our country. i know Punjab is much safer from where i come or places i usually travel but its definitely not recommended.
Yeah,i was alone,and its my daily commute.
though i just started working in US shift since the past few weeks,so commuting at these hours is new for me.
I agree,about the stopping part,infact i used to follow it myself,but i got too infuriated,and now i am wondering at my stupidity,it could have been a plot as well.
and in fact off late lots of car jacking have been happening in this region.
i was just plain lucky that i escaped with a minor dent.
Old 2nd July 2011, 00:40   #12
BHPian

Akshay, It is really sad to hear what these sadists have done to your car. But this is not the first time I am hearing this, I have heard similar incidents from others as well. It only means that these kind of sadists are all over our country. Couple of weeks ago, the windshields and windows of more than 20 cars have been broken in the night by 3 morons for no reason in Tamil Nadu.

My car received most of the scratches while standing still in my apartment's parking lot. How did that happen and who did that? Well, you know.
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

I just want to say, just like we have free regular dental checkups, it's high time free regular mental/overall health checkups are conducted. More and more minds are either becoming sick or openly displaying their sickness day after day.

And being a part of society, somewhere or the other we all are responsible and need to pull up our socks at the earliest.

Sorry to know what happened Akshay.
Another major concern is people either spitting or throwing stuff from buses. It could distract/disorient the focus of drivers and bikers and lead to major accidents.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 2nd July 2011 at 08:45.
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Akshay, you should be elated; you have arrived. You are in the exalted company of George Bush, Chidambaram & Janardan Dwivedi. They all have had shoes hurled at them at some point of time..

Jokes apart, this is as bad as it could be. I remember, when in 2007 we did a trip to Dudhwa National Park, near Khiri a kid threw a stone at one of my friends' Scorpio and vanished away in the forest. Well the stone didn't cause much damage but it was disconcerting.
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:13   #15
BHPian

So sorry to hear about what happened. Don't let anger take over. Dents can always be un-dented. It reminds me of the time when my friend was cruising at 140 to Mysore last monsoon and some loafer threw an egg on his windshield. He was sensible enough to stop the car. Please keep your windows rolled up, always!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks