Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 13:02   #31
BHPian

Others Facing Repucutions of the Pune Crash!!

Well its really sad that kids get drunk and drive and meet with accident.. We shud have car connected to breath analysers to start a car. Anyways.. after the accident Pune party scene can come to grinding halt..
Had gone to LUSH on wednesday considering that the place wud be open till 3.00am but to our surprise the cops had come up withe ban to shut down early becoz of this particular accident. Since one of the kids gave a statement that they wer clubbin and till about 1.30 created a problem for all bar and club owners..
People please drink sensibly and drive even more carefully...
Cheers
Old 12th March 2006, 20:22   #32
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Let us pause to reflect, a brief moment...

Even as one who has driven a diversity of cars for over three decades, but more importantly, as a father of children, the same age as these hapless kids, a hair-raising shudder occurs every time my thoughts drift to it. I guess one never really gets over it.

It has taken several days for my mind to handle the shock of reading about and hearing about this horrendous accident and the entirely avoidable loss of life and life-long injuries it has inflicted.

The kids had just barely attained adulthood. The girl told a lie to get out of the hostel. She accompanied her friends to a bar and disco, no parent would have ever condoned.

At an hour when decent people sleep in their homes, she entrusted her precious life to a car driven by an irresponsible 25-year old, too intoxicated to judge his own reflexes.

In the heart of the city, at a particularly well illuminated intersection, where pedestrians leisurely amble about their business in the daytime, the car driven at an irresponsibly illegal speed, rammed into a concrete artifact.

It claimed the life of a daughter hardly out of her teens, so unexpectedly, surely dashing so many fond aspirations. How would any parents come to terms with this fact?

This is a message to all our own team-BHPians in their late teens and early twenties, but actually all of us. Let us take a brief moment to let our own minds, dwell a moment on how we would prevent something like this happening again.

Ram

Last edited by Ram : 12th March 2006 at 20:23.
Old 12th March 2006, 20:30   #33
BHPian

ohh GOD!! thats very very bad.. my condolesence to the girls family.. that car looks so badly smashed i cant even imagine what the people inside must be suffering rite now?!
I thing everyone should learn a lesson from this that Drinking and Driving never do along at all!
Old 23rd March 2006, 09:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys there was this news in yesterdays news paper, since ban on dance bar has been enforced the accidents rates on expressway have gon down by 45% and death rate has gon down by 50%.
Total deaths between Jan '05 to August '05 62
Total deaths between September '05 to February '06 31
Old 23rd March 2006, 10:44   #35
Team-BHP Support

Everytime I drive afteer 11pm I encounter numerous drivers who are obviously drunk or driving beyond the limits of their skills and their vehicles.

Unless insurance is privatised and these offences punished with higher rates and DUI/DWI laws enforced by MADD (that is no typo) i dont see how this behaviour is going to change.
Old 23rd March 2006, 14:50   #36
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Guys there was this news in yesterdays news paper, since ban on dance bar has been enforced the accidents rates on expressway have gon down by 45% and death rate has gon down by 50%.
Total deaths between Jan '05 to August '05 62
Total deaths between September '05 to February '06 31
Is the paper spin-doctoring a correlation between dance bars and expressway accidents? May I innocently ask, what the connection is, if any?

As far as I know, and correct me if I am wrong,
dance bars would cause patrons to lose a good night's sleep and lose significant money on spurious IMFL alcohol at unreasonable prices,
to support what? -- entirely avoidable exposure to a stinky diseased substitute for healthy sex.

And what is the correlation between dance bars and death rates, if any?
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
Is the paper spin-doctoring a correlation between dance bars and expressway accidents? May I innocently ask, what the connection is, if any?
I know at least 2 incidents, where young boys went to Panvel to visit dance bar, got drunk and crashed on express highway while coming back to Pune. It is not entirely untrue.
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:30   #38
BHPian

i dnt think u can blame dance bars for it.then even normal drinking bars shld shut down. there are many drinking bars that r open till late i think most of mumbai people know it. so it comes down to how mature u r.if u r drinking and driving then just drive slowly.even parents should be careful before handing over the keys to their kids.
Old 23rd March 2006, 19:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444
.if u r drinking and driving then just drive slowly.
If you drink, You shouldn't drive at all.PERIOD. No slow go business..
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:19   #40
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
I know at least 2 incidents, where young boys went to Panvel to visit dance bar, got drunk and crashed on express highway while coming back to Pune. It is not entirely untrue.
RX135, I am not trying to play the devil's advocate here,
but a dance bar accessible by express highway, does not compel its customers to visit, nor to drive drunk, crash and burn!

That, they do of their own irresponsible volition, for which they cannot absolve themselves nor their unworthy parents.

Why implicate the express highway, or the dance bar, or tires with tubes, or Scorpio CRDe SUVs, or fast MPFI cars or anything other than the real culprits -- the spoiled rotten brats and their devil-may-care parents?

IMHO, they alone endanger life, limb and property of other road users in addition to themselves and deserve to go to prison for it.
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ram, drunken driving in definitely what kills people on expressway. What the report says that with dance bars in Panvel and Navi Mumbai, more people used to travel and get drunk and met accidents. With dance bars closed, the percentage of such drivers decreased, reducing accident/death count.
Old 23rd March 2006, 21:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram

And what is the correlation between dance bars and death rates, if any?
uncle I did not wanted to point that dance bars are responsible for accidents on expressway or anything. Most of people visting dance bars at such hours are _________ (fill free to say whatever you want) and they obviously don't give a damn about safety & intheir language crap. So yes they are totally responsible for their accident.
One of the student from my Junior collage whom I knew lost his life on expressway, there were 6 of 'em now I don't know for sure but they weren't drunk or anything just driving like mad. Person driving (whom I knew) lost control & lost his life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks