Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 00:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Can you Distinguish between Red Signal and Green Signal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Unfortunately, I am color blind person. I can't distinguish between red and green from far. For signals I do not have any problem. But if I see the same signal from 300-500 meters I can not tell which is what. Same goes with Violet and Blue, everything is perceived as blue.

It requires great confidence to overcome something like this especially when you are a kid. When i was in 6th standard I realized that i had a very minor strabismus, it took me 1 year to cure it but I felt low on confidence somewhere.

Hats off to you who has accepted the thing and kept your spirits high
Old 25th April 2012, 03:00   #17
BHPian

Re: Can you Distinguish between a Red & Green Signal? (Color Blindness)

I scored a zero in the test, and even flunked the RTO color test, which was unfortunnetly or fortunetly enforced at the center I went to.

I still have a DL, I have no issues whatsoever in traffic signals. Read US, UK, OZ, NZ, CN laws - they all ALLOW colorblinds to drive, heck they even allow them to fly with certain restrictions flying involves ILS landings which is purely based on colors.

If these rules are enforced one third of our driving population won't have a DL. Sad that we follow redundant rules.
Old 25th April 2012, 10:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadd View Post
It requires great confidence to overcome something like this especially when you are a kid. When i was in 6th standard I realized that i had a very minor strabismus, it took me 1 year to cure it but I felt low on confidence somewhere.

Hats off to you who has accepted the thing and kept your spirits high
Actually there is no reason color blind person would feel low. I never felt that I have deficiency. It is just normal vision.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Actually there is no reason color blind person would feel low. I never felt that I have deficiency. It is just normal vision.
when I tell people about this, they get all and think we see the world as black and white or something
If only one can see from our point of view, they'd know its absolutely normal - just a few misses here and there!
Old 26th May 2012, 12:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I scored a zero in the test, and even flunked the RTO color test, which was unfortunnetly or fortunetly enforced at the center I went to.

I still have a DL, I have no issues whatsoever in traffic signals. Read US, UK, OZ, NZ, CN laws - they all ALLOW colorblinds to drive, heck they even allow them to fly with certain restrictions flying involves ILS landings which is purely based on colors.

If these rules are enforced one third of our driving population won't have a DL. Sad that we follow redundant rules.
I too have the problem distinguishing between colours. Never interfered with my driving though. The only occassion when I faced a problem was when I was driving back to Delhi from Nainital. Faced a tough time figuring out if the traffic light was red around Ghaziabad. Found a work around -- the green was far better illuminated and hence just focused on that.

And I agree, colour-blindness is not a handicap at all.
Old 7th August 2019, 13:03   #21

Need some advice

what is the RTO stand on (red green) colour blindness. Do they give a driving licence or is it difficult.

what if earlier it was not declared but now it is being declared for a licence holder.
Old 7th August 2019, 13:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

I am color blind too. Realized it quite late that way, at the age of 27-28. It was part of health check up before joining a job.
It was a revelation for me. I was so damn confused how I never realized it so long. I wasn't going to have access to the report later, but the doctor informed me that I have issues between Red & Green and that should not apply for jobs in civil services.

My issue was, when red and green were mixed up, i could not differentiate between the two. But can identify the individually. I remember I could not identify just one out of the entire booklet, so I just assume now that the blindness isn't severe.

PS: But leaving out the basic colors, I am quite bad at recognizing them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks