Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2006, 20:50   #1
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Greater Noida Expressway - Death trap !!

Greater Noida Expressway is an amazing piece of road, the 8-lane expressway between Noida and Greater Noida was built at a cost of Rs 180 crore. The total lenght of the road is around 23.6 Kms, This is a NO-U-TURN stretch and has services lanes on both sides of the road. This expressway was a much needed breath of fresh air for all the petrol heads in the NCR region. Since its inception the Expressway has seen a lot of people testing their cars to the limit. Street racing is still common here on saturday nights, and everyone with those fast imported cars come here to drive the tyres off the machines... ok everything is good but on the other side of the story the expressway has claimed its share of roadkills and accidents.

look wat i saw today Apr 7th

I dont think anyone would have survived this

Recently i saw a "NEELGAI" run over by a vehicle, and ppl were actually stopping by to see what the hell was it , some thought it was a donkey or a cow or a desi bull.

Everyday there is some or the other accident on this expressway, due to villagers , animals and truckers and with everyone doing above 100kmph. I have to travel this stretch often due to some business reasons and i'm just shocked to the amount of accidents around on this stretch. I openned this thread only to tell ppl to be carefull next time they are on the infamous "Greater noida expressway".

Guys if u have captured similar shots while on the expressway lets post it here.

cheers
Old 8th April 2006, 01:30   #2
BHPian

What on earth happened to this car???

Cant tell if the roof is scrapped from the pics, but it looks like it either went under something like a trailer or something big fell on it!

- T u r b o C -
Old 8th April 2006, 02:09   #3
BHPian

Never driven on that road but it sure sounds dangerous to be driving at those speeds along with slow moving truckers...

Like Turboc pointed out it definately looks like the car rammed into a truck from behind... that's probably y it looks like something big fell on it.
Old 8th April 2006, 03:02   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_c
What on earth happened to this car???

Cant tell if the roof is scrapped from the pics, but it looks like it either went under something like a trailer or something big fell on it!

- T u r b o C -
Hey, According to me its a simple case of losing control at high speeds and getting the car side ways and then not knowing what to do so ending up flipping it --- SIMPLE !! Its definitely not gone under or had somethig fall on it from the clear blue sky .....

When will people learn to only drive as fast as they can handle .....

Cheers
Old 8th April 2006, 03:26   #5
BHPian

I say a NHC

Last month I saw a NHC sitting upside down in the service lane on the expresshighway. The most common reason seems to be loosing control at high speed.

Well i was over tacken by a crazy accord driver last sunday I was doing 120 in a friends lancer when the guy overtook me and just vanished he must be doing 180 -- 190 KMPH . Now hitting a dog at that speed is dangerous even for a Accord just a touch to the steering wheel will cause one to loose control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, According to me its a simple case of losing control at high speeds and getting the car side ways and then not knowing what to do so ending up flipping it --- SIMPLE !! Its definitely not gone under or had somethig fall on it from the clear blue sky .....

When will people learn to only drive as fast as they can handle .....

Cheers
Old 8th April 2006, 03:27   #6
BHPian

The guy can convert it to a open / convertable if he survived this one.
Old 8th April 2006, 03:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

true... this expressway is NOT a "track".
Old 8th April 2006, 06:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

With any vehicle, the more often and longer u drive near its (and your) max capabilities, the higher the probability of tipping beyond, esp when some variable changes even a little - the tolerance for handling surprises (which are aplenty in our scenario) dramatically reduces. There is, unfortunately, a false sense of pride associated with doing 150 or 199 or whatever. The fact is that driving is like music - it does not have to be loud to appreciate and enjoy the finer points. And anyhow, music doesnt kill as bad.
I request the mods again to have 'adrenaline-checks' on posts - sometimes they do egg others on to try potentially dangerous feats on public roads.
Old 8th April 2006, 11:06   #9
BHPian

Hey guys last week i saw a Indica totally crashed on the center divider. & according to its position it seemed like it was comin on the wrong direction.

Here are some pics of the expressway.

Old 8th April 2006, 11:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Saw this car last night and seems the driver hit the divider with his right front wheel and as a result the car flipped over. For more clues see the front right rim and tyre.
Old 8th April 2006, 12:10   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1
Here are some pics of the expressway.
Have they lit up the expressway with street lights all through? If they have then thats one good safety feature they have which Mumbai-Pune expressway lacks.
Old 8th April 2006, 12:16   #12
BHPian

the car definitely rammed a truck from behind and went under it. You can tell that cause the front bumper has lilttle damage, the bonnet's crapped and the A-pillars bent.

Have never driven on that expressway. But will surely be careful if i do.
Old 8th April 2006, 12:16   #13
BHPian

death trap??
why are you labelling such a nice and tempting road as a death trap?

i am using this road for past 2 years or so, but have never ever exceeded beyond my capabilities.

it is in the hands (under the right foot!) of driver himself to decide whether he wants to live or not.

government is trying hard to give us world class roads all over the country and such irresponsible $tupid drivers are doing no good to it.

it feels sad to see someone losing his life for those few minutes and that cheap adrenaline rush!
such drivers deserves to drive only on roads with a traffic jam, so that atleast they will live and won't kill others in a traffic jam!

Last edited by revharder : 8th April 2006 at 12:18.
Old 8th April 2006, 13:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
true... this expressway is NOT a "track".
But for most people it is..Everyone just hit the highway or the expressway just for that adreline rush. Its not just a case of losing control, even a simple tyre puncture at 100kmph can be fatal at times.
Old 8th April 2006, 17:01   #15
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Have they lit up the expressway with street lights all through? If they have then thats one good safety feature they have which Mumbai-Pune expressway lacks.
You're right, moralfibre!
Particularly as the Mumbai-Pune expressway is so short.

But millions of kilometers of expressway all over the world from USA and Canada to Germany, Sweden and Australia are characterized by one thing.
No street lights!

Everybody depends for their own lives on
good well-aimed headlamps (Xenons in many cases) and
the unflinching discipline never, never to keep them on high-beam nor use
auxiliary spotlights, except in the rare case when you're the only driver for miles around, like say, you're [SIZE=-1]speeding along a lonely stretch of rural highway 80 on a moonless, early summer's night [/SIZE]in Death Valley, California.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks