Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 22:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Drunk Traffic Cop Misbehaves with a Female Motorist (Nabbed by the Public)

An inebriated traffic SI who tried to misbehave with a woman on a scooter (who screamed her lungs out) was nabbed by the public and handed over to the local police.

Drunk Traffic Cop Misbehaves with a Female Motorist (Nabbed by the Public)-cb12si_1141319f.jpg

The Hindu : Cities / Coimbatore : Drunk Special Sub-Inspector arrested for misbehaving with woman motorist

I heard that he was beaten up pretty bad before the cops arrived. In fact the media arrived before the cops did. Hope this spirit carries on in every city/town/village in India. Hope there is no harassment for the family of this woman to drop the case.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 12th July 2012 at 23:03.
esteem_lover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 00:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Drunk Traffic Cop Misbehaves with a Female Motorist (Nabbed by the Public)

Hmm. Mob justice does not spare even law makers. Hope those guys in the pic are not identified, taken to the lockup and beaten black and blue for laying their hands on a police officer.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 00:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Our country is going to dogs. Protectors of law are themselves breaking it. Just a while back NDTV was showing how a mob of 20 people in Guwahati were molesting a girl on the road for 30 minutes before police came. All this was being recorded on camera and apparently the video even went viral on you tube. At times I m surprised how shockingly low are our morals stooping. What does this show about our culture and heritage of which we are really proud off.
Depressing
Old 13th July 2012, 05:04   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

How miserable can these people be?Can we trust the law enforcement agencies any more?
Why do we pay taxes? For this rubbish?
Old 13th July 2012, 05:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks E_L, for excellent reporting and spreading the incident. There is no doubt this is bad, but a lot of more bad can be stopped by shaming this guy in public. Did the newspapers in Chennai run these pictures?

The more the public noise and awareness by spreading the message, the lesser are the chances of cops even thinking of returning the favor to the folks in the picture.

PS: Update, i just saw the Hindu news link, so yes the newspapers are giving it the coverage that it deserves. Which is good.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 13th July 2012 at 05:14.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Point to note....this has happened in Coimbatore...<<<thinking aloud...would the same public reaction happened, for eg, in a metro with a huge floating population such as Chennai ???>>>
Old 13th July 2012, 10:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Our country is going to dogs. Protectors of law are themselves breaking it. Just a while back NDTV was showing how a mob of 20 people in Guwahati were molesting a girl on the road for 30 minutes before police came. All this was being recorded on camera and apparently the video even went viral on you tube. At times I m surprised how shockingly low are our morals stooping. What does this show about our culture and heritage of which we are really proud off.
Depressing

Not going mate....gone to dogs already or let me say, has been with dogs forever. And its not a country anymore, its a jungle.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Point to note....this has happened in Coimbatore...<<<thinking aloud...would the same public reaction happened, for eg, in a metro with a huge floating population such as Chennai ???>>>
It does happen where mostly local population resides. In Bengaluru, a traffic inspector used bad words against the lady conductor of a bus on Magadi Road. The public caught the SI, put him into the same bus and took him to the police station which is couple of kilometres away.
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 11:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable, all this happening in broad daylight. The lady was lucky to collect a mob for her help. Imagine if this would happened at night, things would not be so lucky.

Also whether the cop would have learnt a lesson after the beating is highly unlikely as he was in a state of intoxication. Raat gay baat gayi thing for him, I am sure he will back to his usual habits the next day. My suggestion would be to cancel his licence as a cop permanently.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 11:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Public reaction will be there in all town/rural areas. In metros we get only apathetic stares.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 11:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is what happens when the Govt appoints thugs as Police Officers. The kind of recruitment scams that are going on are proof for that.
Old 13th July 2012, 12:07   #12
BHPian

Just minutes ago, I read the news of a UPP SI, where he tried to blackmail and then attempted to rape a woman inside a police station. Now, when I come to Team-BHP, this.

As a layman, my understanding is that our policing is still based on Indian Police Act of 1861 (we all know what happened 4 years prior, that prompted this act). My question is why, 65 years after independence, we are still sticking with an act that was used as a tool to suppress Indian civil populace?
Old 13th July 2012, 12:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

He should be immediately removed from police duty, that will only send a message among others.

I have encountered once a drunk cop, he stopped me on a intersection(without any signals), i was taking a right he told me no right turn is not allowed. I was taking that route to home at least for 2 years lol. He was asking me 500rs for that and not even able to stand properly so drunk. I just told him get me a receipt and i will pay and the guy said ok give me 100rs and go. That time i just got inside the car and about to leave, you won't believe the guy on duty pleading me for 50rs :o, he was like begging for money, i just left the place.
Old 13th July 2012, 12:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
My question is why, 65 years after independence, we are still sticking with an act that was used as a tool to suppress Indian civil populace?
What Independence.? The ownership changed, because the ex-owners were in deep debts from a war which they actually won.
Daewood is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 13:37   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hmm. Mob justice does not spare even law makers. Hope those guys in the pic are not identified, taken to the lockup and beaten black and blue for laying their hands on a police officer.
You concern is right, I fear the same. Hoping it wont happen. In a case like this, the offender and his offence is often over shadowed by the thrashing he gets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks