Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 14:24   #16
BHPian

OK Humyum, I check wiring on Sunday and equally important, I shall also check for food particles lying around. Have to clean up every nook and cranny. Hope the car comes back as good as new.
Old 28th April 2006, 20:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys..had been the service station today..as the service station guys told me ..that they will be deliverin the car in the evening..but when i went there..the car was still open nd being washed with soap(the seats)nd vaccumed..but the smell was not goin..the guys said they had already cleaned it thrice..nd would be doin it more 3 times...nd then dryin it in the sun till the smell becomes almost negligible..I had some questions for u guys..please help
The film Has become hazed..nd the service station guy says..it has reacted with the smoke..nd if possible will be cleaned....if the haziness does not go..will have to be removed..nd new film will to be put..guys is there any fluid which can be used to clean the film..?
Secondly the speedometer has become hazed nd he said nothin can be done about it ..although it is not entirely hazed..the top part has become hazed...nd does not look good..any suggestions what 2 do..?
Please get back to me guys..as soon as possible..so tomorrow mornin..i can call him nd tell him 2 do whatever u guys suggest..
PS-He told me the bill was ready..nd with the servicing of the car,tuning,washing the entire thin..Upholstry waxing nd stuff..it came upto 1700 bucks..which i think is quite resonable for the amount i saw the guys puttin effort there behind my car..almost 3 guys..continiously scrubbin the seats..nd vaccuming it..although all the yellow tinge in the car is gone..its the smell..that is really irritating...
Old 29th April 2006, 00:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is there any fluid which can be used to clean the film..?
Interesting question. I don't think there is any fluid that can clean the film. Best bet i'd say is to install a new film.

Quote:
the speedometer has become hazed nd he said nothin can be done about it
Install a new unit buddy. I don't think the haziness will go by using any chemical.
Old 29th April 2006, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guys..these days are just not my days..i am feelin so depressed..went to the service station to pick up the car today..he said the alternator was supplyin low current(13.0 volts)..he said it is ok..but then it is a little low..what do u guys think?The gear box oil seal was gone..nd needed to be replaced..the cross member had rusted nd needed to be replaced..the oil sump was hit by somethin..one part has gone inside a little..he said ideally it should be replaced..i told him no for that..since my car was runnin perfectly with the oil sump a little inside..all this nd the cleaning cost nd all is goin 2 come upto 4000 bucks..man..:(:(..i feel like throwin the car from a cliff...
Old 29th April 2006, 15:12   #20
BHPian

Sad to see things going wrong with your car, worse is when they happen to a brand new car, yes i suffered on a new one !
Old 29th April 2006, 15:12   #21
BHPian

bhai, Calm down..When you're out of luck...life appears blue..!

I don't know, if you've read any of my posts..but let me share with you my side of the story..!

We own a Lancer SFX 2001, It has till date clocked 59,900 KM..! Every now and then the only problem we have is somone steals of the side mirrors and those buggers cost us 7000 each time..!
Now Last october the bad time began, I had asked my father to pick me up from a friends place late night...Din;t get the car as he had to go elsewhere..! He was coming down the a flyover and suddenly towards the base and dog darted across and a second chasing it, Dad slowed in time to avoid the first doggy, but the second decided to cross anyway, so the slowing car hits him..Now Most don't belive this included my Ex-Insurance Company, the second doggy hits the bumper at 40 KM, Breaks open the bumper, pushes the bumper bar into the radiator, snapping it into two, which inturn breaks the AC Fan Blade and housing, Breaks Front Grill, Slight bump on the bonnet and bends the name plate..! After all this...doggy stands up and moves on ..!
The entire damage came around 65,000 which the United India agreed for only 33,000 and said that a doggy cannot damage all this..my worse luck was that dad was not in town and The showroom Insurance expert asked me to sign the papers and go and he will deal with the suryeor..That guy was new on the job and he screwed big time with the survyor..! So you see the loss that happened..! Now here is more
After the car all set and done, Dad went to one of his clients and after an hour he returns to find the side view mirrors ripped off and stolen, the parking attendent says he went for lunch and this happened...Big hue and cry..the contractor agreed to pay for the mirror's...!
Now just a few week back, I drove to my college and had a pretty young lady rams her new scorpio's bull bar into my bumper from the rear, causing damaged to bumper, dicky,spoiler and tail light..She paid only 3000 Rupees ..! The insurance dealer advised me to wait till aug and then get a complete work done..!
So I go down to the showroom to atleast fix the tail-light properly and get the bumper and dickey alinegd...!
The next day, Oil starts seeping through the engine, and it turns out the Engine Main Seal-Which holds the clutch and gearbox has been damaged and needs to be replaced..Sets me back again by 3000 rupees..!
Now, I'm scared to even contemplate what next is in store...!

So you see, You're not alone..this is life and **** Happens...! Just wipe up and move on..!

About the film, I would advise get it down and put a new one..but which complies with the law..! You would'nt like a pandu waiting around the corner with you driving by with dark tints and he takes more gandhiji's out of you..!

Post us pictures, when she's all done..!

regards
Old 29th April 2006, 17:28   #22
BHPian

dude, I can totally empathise with you, I've had terrible luck with my 1987 800 as well..(no longer with us though), here's what happened:..Was driving with some friends in the car when all of a sudden, all the electricals went dead, decided to pull over, only to realise i had no clutch!!!!! Luckily the brake still worked so pulled over (this was outside shoppers stop, Pune), It was only then that i noticed the smoke from the engine bay. I got the hood open ..and man was i shocked..my battery was on FIRE! managed to douse the flames useing mud from the roadside (luckily had the pressence of mind not to use water on an electrical fire!)
Since I had to leave the car there overnight, had it towed to Sai service, J.M road the next morning, the whole fix up cost me almost 7k..this included new battery, replacing most of my wiring and i think my alternator as well (this was 3 years ago so dont remember clearly). That really hurt and this was the first in a string of things to happen which led us to sell the car finally....The last straw for me was the car breaking down 1 km short of the expressway (luckily) while I was heading from Mumbai to Pune for my exams a year and a half ago.

So this stuff does happen, you just have to thank your stars that nothing happened to you, take this from someone whose dealt with cracked pistons on the expressway, a gearbox oil seal that came off on the highway, dead electricals twice (thats all on the 800) and umpteen other minor hiccups. and oh yeah how could i forget the tyre burst on my mom's Ikon on Marine drive at 2 in the night!!!.
Sorry for rambling on, just wanted to share this with you so u dont feel that you have all the bad luck in the world(like i thought for a good 2 years, atleast when it came to cars)

Last edited by swale84 : 29th April 2006 at 17:34. Reason: typos...loads of them
Old 29th April 2006, 20:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys..CAR IS BACK..ND I MUST SAY..I LOVE MY CAR...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa...........Alternator wiring checked..some fault was found..nd rectified..cross member changed..front BULL GAURD removed..as that was the cause of the rusting of cross member..gearbox oil seal replaced..nd all the smell from inside was 90% gone..first thing i did after taking delivery was took the car on the higway(to get all the love for the car back)..ripped it on decent strech touch 120..the feeling was like GOOD OLD DAYS ARE BACK..went back home..smiling all the way...In the end i just feel like saying 800 ROCKS!!!!!
Forgot to mention..all this set me back my 3800 bucks..nd i did not mind payin ONE BIT..it was all worth the work done..Nd yeah..the film..only the drivers side film is not good..otherwise all the films in the windows..are pretty much Good ..so not goin to change all of them..just the drivers side window film..(MONEY SAVED)he he

Last edited by humyum : 29th April 2006 at 20:56.
Old 29th April 2006, 21:15   #24
BHPian

I'm really happy that you find your love again...! And this time take double care and Exterminate any rat you find...!

regards
Old 29th April 2006, 21:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yeah dude..already put the pills for exterminating the rat..if any enter..they are there inside the passenger cabin..as well as the bonnet...The service station guy put it himself..sayin..he did not want my car to suffer again....Nd one more thing..THANKS A TON ALL U GUYS..FOR ALL THE SUPPORT ALL OF U GUYS GAVE ME ..REALLY APPRECIATE IT ..
Old 30th April 2006, 03:49   #26
BHPian

Congracts bro!
All the best with your 'born again' baby!!!!
Suhail
Old 30th April 2006, 10:32   #27
Team-BHP Support

Great to know that your car is back and doing fine.

Look after her. We're closing this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks