Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 22:44   #1
BHPian

Shell pump charges twice for the same bill

Today I filled petrol at Shell Vibhutipura, but they charged debit card twice for the same amount. I have attached the receipt. Please help.Shell pump charges twice for the same bill-slide2.png

Shell pump charges twice for the same bill-slide1.png
Old 31st October 2012, 22:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Shell pump charges twice for the same bill

It's happened to me once as well at the Shell bunk on Vittal Mallya road. I called them and told them about it. Next day went to the bunk and they immediately reversed the transaction and gave me the void transaction slip.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 22:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Today I filled petrol at Shell Vibhutipura, but they charged debit card twice for the same amount. I have attached the receipt. Please help.Attachment 1008444

Attachment 1008445
Take it to them. They will arrange to inform their bank to cancel the transaction.
Old 31st October 2012, 22:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Take a print out of the statement, and also the customer copy of the charge slip with you. They will check their records to see if there has been indeed a double charge levied. Usually, they refund the amount in cash if there has been a mistake.
Old 31st October 2012, 22:53   #5
BHPian

Im sure they will help you out , moreover charging twice for the same product amounts to fraud. Being Shell, I don't think they would want to do that .

P.S. On a lighter note, 2222.21 and you being charged 2 times , well now that's a coincidence
Old 31st October 2012, 22:54   #6
BHPian

This does happen at times if your card does not go through or if there is a break in the communication server with the bank. The bunk may have tried the card again and hence the double charge. If you call your bank, they will reverse it within 48 hours or you can also dispute it. If you have to dispute the charge, the bunk will need to provide proof that you signed 2 charge slips and since you have not, it will be credited back.
Old 31st October 2012, 22:58   #7
Team-BHP Support

I once got charged twice by a supermarket. I had used a SBI card.

I called up the card company. Told them about it. They reversed the amount in a couple of days.

I don't remember if the amount appeared in one bill with reversal in another billing cycle.
The amount was under Rs 500.

Just last week at a buffet restaurant, I was charged for 5 pax. We were four of us.
Instead of voiding the transaction. They returned the excess amount as cash. My dad was joking that he likes this restaurant as not only do they feed you, they also give you money.

Last edited by bblost : 31st October 2012 at 23:00.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 23:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

This should not be big deal, call up the bank and they will reverse the charges. It has happened to me multiple number of times.
Old 31st October 2012, 23:15   #9
BHPian

Awesome, thanks Guys. SBI is not reachable. Will go to Shell tomorrow and update this thread.
Old 1st November 2012, 05:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

This has happened multiple times with my Citibank and ICICI Bank Debit cards, and almost all the time the transaction got reversed automatically. Only once it so happened that i did not see a reversal for few hours hence had to call the bank, they did this within few hours.

If its easy to try the bank (As its just a phone call) try that, once that fails go to the petrol pump and they would do the needful.
Old 1st November 2012, 06:13   #11
MHG
BHPian

Simple tip: Most (if not ALL) banks support instant SMS notification on credit and debit operations on your account. So register for this service. Whenever I swipe my card (canara bank atm/debit card) I instantly get an SMS stating how much has been deducted from my account. This helps quickly identify if there's been a mistake in transaction.
Old 1st November 2012, 06:40   #12
BHPian

SBI customercare is absolute crap. First their lines are mostly busy. Second, even if I could talk to somebody, the chap kept on insisting that it would be automatically reversed, even though I said that there are two charges. The charge is not automatically reversed. I will go to the bunk and talk to them today.
Old 1st November 2012, 08:24   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

It shouldn't be a big problem. From my interaction with them, Shell employees come across as well-trained folks- this should be something they can take in their stride. You can get the transaction reversed at the POS itself.

I once left my credit card at a Shell pump . Filed up my tank, handed my card, drove forward to top my air and forgot al about the card. Remembered much later and called them up, where I was assured by a manager that my card was safe and I coud pick it up at the earliest opportunity. It was Friday night so I picked it up the next morning. Also called up my bank to block the card temporarily. Went off without incident.

Last edited by noopster : 1st November 2012 at 08:26.
Old 1st November 2012, 08:29   #14
BHPian

This has happened to me once. I filled petrol at IOC pump for 841.30 and they charged me Rs. 8413.00. Luckily I checked the transaction record immediately and got the same reversed then and there. They gave me the VOID slip for the transaction and made a new transaction for the correct amount. Later checked the same in the Statement too. You can go back to the pump and show them your statement. They will reverse the wrong transaction for you.
Old 1st November 2012, 08:31   #15
BHPian

It happened to me last week. I got two messages i and asked to the guy who collected my card. He told one transaction was not complete so he swiped again. I asked for last two transaction receipt to their manager. Manager was kind enough to give me all the transactions receipt till then and told me to get back in case of any issue. And there was only one transaction from my card. Sales guys might be new so it may be a mistake from them.

Last edited by devil_klm : 1st November 2012 at 08:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks