Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 12:31   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Best & Worst Parking Lots

Orion mall , Malleshwaram,Bangalore has very neat parking. Space is sufficient and the parking bays are wide enough. Also they have a LED indicator above each slot which turn RED when a car is parked under it! Otherwise it will be GREEN. Very helpful in locating a free slot in the hige underground space!
Old 21st November 2012, 12:56   #32
BHPian

Has anyone used the underground parking of Nandini hotel on 24th Main Road, 6th Phase, JP Nagar? This one would also qualify as one of the worst parking lots (if I can categorize it as one) I have ever used in Banglore. You have to experience it once, to check your driving skills.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Has anyone used the underground parking of Nandini hotel on 24th Main Road, 6th Phase, JP Nagar? This one would also qualify as one of the worst parking lots.
Most underground parking lots in small hotels (such as the one you have mentioned here) have horrible parking lots. They are, utmost, parking lots for bikes - not cars.

I know a residential parking lot in Southend Road (BLR), where they have two 90-degree turns in a ramp that leads to the underground parking lot - and the width of the ramp is about 7 feet !
Old 17th April 2016, 13:49   #34
BHPian

Hi,

Very interesting thread, and fully agree with the folks here on Oasis mall parking, it used to be such a dread for me then, when I had just learn driving, and then came to this malls parking, the sharp 90 degrees turn and inclines, it was an absolute nightmare. Thankfully never managed to scrape the car sides.

Now I have an elite i20, and have never been to that mall in my close to 1.5 years of having the car, still a dreadful thought to have to go there, and manage the turns, not a very exciting prospect, though the slopes were never a problem, the turns were, I dont know why they cannot provide convex mirrors to show how far out or close of the wall we are to the driver side.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 17th April 2016, 14:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Parking in my office basement is real bad - especially if you drive a B1/B2 segment hatchback (the largest selling segment!!).

If you drive one of those cars, then you need to go to the 2nd basement level. There is a 90-degree turn in the ramps up & down, and if you don't judge the line precisely, down to the last millimetre, you will scrape the bumper on the wall.
Then, the spaces are narrow, leaving precious little space for opening doors and getting in/out of the car. The spaces are barely enough to accommodate the cars themselves.
Old 18th April 2016, 13:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Very interesting thread, and fully agree with the folks here on Oasis mall parking, it used to be such a dread for me then, when I had just learn driving, and then came to this malls parking, the sharp 90 degrees turn and inclines, it was an absolute nightmare. Thankfully never managed to scrape the car sides.

Now I have an elite i20, and have never been to that mall in my close to 1.5 years of having the car, still a dreadful thought to have to go there, and manage the turns, not a very exciting prospect, though the slopes were never a problem, the turns were, I dont know why they cannot provide convex mirrors to show how far out or close of the wall we are to the driver side.

Regards
Shailesh
Oasis mall is regular for me and I still remember when I got stuck on the ramp (was still learning to drive) all items on the dashboard started to fall on us, after 2-3 tries was able to get the car up and around the pillar. Now though its a breeze

Probably the best mall parking for me is still Forum mall in Koramangala. I feel its easy for new drivers and also parking lanes are pretty wide but still there are folks who dont know how to park taking up two slots. I see it quite often these days.

Most confusing is Mantri Mall, the parking is so huge its difficult to remember where the car was parked.

Worst is Gopalan Mall parking on Bannerghetta Road, especially the exit where the parking attendant is sitting is quite away from the ramp we have to literally stretch out of the window to pay.

Last edited by motomaverick : 18th April 2016 at 14:05.
Old 19th August 2016, 19:55   #37
BHPian

Had an annoying experience with parking at Garuda Mall yesterday morning. I had a Zoom car booking and had left my car in Garuda at around 7AM. I returned a few hours later due to an unrelated annoyance with the Zoom booking and might have been around 11:30AM when I was leaving.

The board next to the parking attendant clearly shows the charges for 4-6 hours to be Rs.85. However, the attendant blankly said Rs.160. Even the max on the board for 24 hours was Rs.140 for crying out loud! When I asked about the absurd charges and asked for an explanation she just blankly replied that it was what the system was showing even though she clearly acknowledged the parking time stamp on the card was this morning at 7.

She called her colleagues for clarification but after a long discussion they replied the same again. Not even the most premium malls charge so much! Finally they agreed to charge 85 but declined to provide a receipt. Time to stop visiting Garuda I guess!
Old 19th August 2016, 21:21   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Orion mall , Malleshwaram,Bangalore has very neat parking. Space is sufficient and the parking bays are wide enough. Also they have a LED indicator above each slot which turn RED when a car is parked under it! Otherwise it will be GREEN. Very helpful in locating a free slot in the hige underground space!
Plus, there is a very spacious MLCP in the campus as well. Absolutely zero concerns regarding parking at Orion mall.

On the other hand, Elements 'mall' makes me sweat. No proper parking system in place to handle the volumes they get.
Old 19th August 2016, 21:31   #39
BHPian

The new Reliance parking at BKC is very, very impressive. Auto lights, proper signages, massive (and I mean massive) parking facility of I think 2000 cars, escalators, a garden on top, etc. The staff is also very friendly.

This is one of the better ones I have come across in Mumbai of late.
Old 19th August 2016, 21:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Haven't been to Oasis mall parking lot. I have been to Chickpet, Garuda, Gopalan and few other BMTC TTMC parking. But the worst is Shantinagar. One, it's confusing. Second, even a small Sedan will require a 3 point turn.
Old 19th August 2016, 22:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Has anyone used the underground parking of Nandini hotel on 24th Main Road, 6th Phase, JP Nagar? This one would also qualify as one of the worst parking lots (if I can categorize it as one) I have ever used in Banglore. You have to experience it once, to check your driving skills.
I have to agree with you on that. First of all they have a parking lot is something like a hidden secret. Only one ramp for entry/exit. Also when you are coming out of the parking, its steep incline and you are directly joining the main road traffic.
Old 20th August 2016, 01:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundz View Post
The board next to the parking attendant clearly shows the charges for 4-6 hours to be Rs.85. However, the attendant blankly said Rs.160. Even the max on the board for 24 hours was Rs.140 for crying out loud! .....
Yes, I have been victim of it once. After having a lengthy argument, I paid only the right amount (dont remember how much was it though).

I had informed this to Zoom Cars, not sure what happened to it.

This was probably an year or two back. Some things never change! eh'?

Funny part was, the attendants and their supervisor were agreeing to what I was saying (and even the board behind them), but were stuck to some exorbitant amount
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

This was probably an year or two back. Some things never change! eh'?

Funny part was, the attendants and their supervisor were agreeing to what I was saying (and even the board behind them), but were stuck to some exorbitant amount
Woah! I thought this was something due to an overnight change in charges. That's the explanation they gave me when I persisted on why the charges on the board were different.

Finally when they declined providing a receipt, I asked them to charge me 160 and provide a receipt so that I can take a pic of the board and the receipt and have a complain raised. At that point, they responded that they already cancelled the process and the parking card can't be validated again. Already frustrated at the delay I just left.
Old 24th August 2016, 23:22   #44
BHPian

Chennai

Good:
* Express Avenue. (If you enter from GP Road, Pattulos Road enter is a bit narrow, but not an issue even for the biggest SUV)
* Phoenix Mall
* Spencer Plaza. (Office Parking, love the open terrace parking)

Bad:
Grand Mall, Velachery. (Very narrow)
GRT gold house, Adyar. (they got my car struck as their automatic lift parking conked off. They paid my taxi ride home and their valet bought my car home later)
My wife's office parking. (Worst approach to a basement parking I have seen, stinky dingy)
Old 28th October 2016, 14:47   #45
BHPian

Any "experience" with the VR Mall in Whitefield ? I dread mechanical parking lots and I always go to Phoenix Market City (adjacent Mall) to park my car and then walk to VR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks