Phoenix Market City in Whitefield
The Forum Value Mall in Whitefield
The ITPL Tech Park Square Mall in Whitefield
The Forum at Koramangala

Which is your city's best and worst?
Old 16th November 2012, 12:58   #2
BHPian

re: The Best & Worst Parking Lots

Try taking the ramp in an Innova or any big vehicle at the Oasis Mall (Kormangala, Inner Ring Road). Man, even a small car needs a precision turning to get onto the ramp! this is the worst I have ever seen!

Another nightmare is the Lido, near Trinity Circle! Just love to hate this place for the parking!

I would pick the Forum mall/value mall (Kormangala and the Whitefield) parking lots any day as the best. Both are well thought out and have a good entry and exit points. Another place I find 'ok' is the new Gopalan Signature mall on Old Madras Road!

Oh, this is all in Bangalore!!
Old 16th November 2012, 13:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Apart form Garuda another mall i hate is Total mall on Old Airport road. They just dont have space to cater to customers.

Apart from this the Oasis mall in Inner Ring Road, is so so. The turns are sharper and i have seen folks struggling to turn it right and in the process getting their left sides scratched. When ever i go there i ensure i drive in my Baleno as its slightly smaller and hence easier to turn.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:12   #4
BHPian

Bad ones :1. Sigma mall basement parking. So smelly and dirty with all the garbage lying around in plastic bags.

2. Mantri parking lot. Very difficult to park into those bays, ive seen many cars scratching and denting themselves in an attempt to enter the slots.

Best and latest i feel is the Orion mall. They have got sensors, that detect whether the car is parked underneath it or not. And then the total number of cars occupying the slots gets updated at the outer display board. Also green lights glow on top of empty parking slots and red on the occupied ones.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 13:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mantri's exit ramp is no rocket science. But when there are complete noobs behind the wheels then it's a circus for exit. Have seen quite a lot of folks struggling to hold their car stationery on the incline and one dude even rolled back into the front of my Scorp'.
When I questioned him, his response was I just learnt driving a few months back and he was in a Fluidic Verna. Multiply him by a few 1000's and such specimens are all over Bangalore.

Bad ones
- Central , Mayo Hall parking lot is a complete joke by itself.
- Most of the Big Bazaar parking lots.

Orion Mall, Yeshwanthpur has a wonderful and spacious parking lot. Sheraton in the same vicinity also has a huge parking lot in case you plan to visit their restaurant. Well behaved valet parking drivers and this came as a complete surprise in comparo to Leela's valets.

Ever tried parking a SUV in Leela's ?
Old 16th November 2012, 13:17   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Apart from Total mall on Old Airport road, Total mall on ORR would add the Brand Factory- Marthahalli parking lot to the list of bad ones ,they just dont have space to cater to customers.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Old 16th November 2012, 13:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad:
1. Oasis Koramangala: Because of the sharp turns. The actual parking itself is ok.

2. Belandur Central Mall: The number of parking slots are not enough when compared to the crowd it attracts. Also the 2 level system where your can can get lifted to a slot above is not really friendly for larger cars.

Good
1. No Doubt Forum Value Mall. The parking goes up 7 levels and no fancy hair pin bend ramps to get there.
2. Total Sarjapur Road: Comfortable to park and rarely gets full.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:48   #8
Team-BHP Support

Oasis Mall on IRR has among the worst designed parkings. Every turn is a challenge, and requires reversing at times. I have seen people driving Cvics and Corollas struggle, so i neednt even mention going there with a bigger vehicle.

Wonder who approves such plans?!

The parking at Forum Mall - Whitefield is well-thought out, and spacious.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:51   #9
BHPian

The parking at the Royal Meenakhshi mall, Bannerghatta road is also bad. Space is not the problem here. Many people take a three point turn to negotiate the hairpin bends which goes down to the lower levels. The worst part is that the markings and the parking never go hand in hand. Even the exit and entry routes keep changing, depending on the day you visit.
Another one is the MLCP of Fortis hospital. The space for parking a car over there seems really less. Most of the cars are snug fit in the marked area.

Last edited by A350XWB : 16th November 2012 at 13:55.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Another nightmare is the Lido, near Trinity Circle! Just love to hate this place for the parking!
Whenever I need to go to a new place, I invariably end up asking the host about the type of parking lot they have.

If the parking lot only has 'machine-assisted' parking - stacking of one car over the other - I either don't go there at all, or take a taxi.

The other two places where I found parking to be too tricky are (a) GRT Regency in Kanchipuram, and (b) Madurai Residency, at Madurai. The former parking lot is too small, and the latter doesn't have any parking lot worth its name.
Old 16th November 2012, 14:53   #11
BHPian

One of the worst parking lots i have seen: The basement parking in Chikpet (which you enter from Avenue road). The entrance is right through the market, where you need to wade around people, and somehow enter the parking lot - next the management of parking is very bad.

However, considering that a few years back, this parking did not even exist, its still better than not having a parking lot at all.
Old 16th November 2012, 14:53   #12
BHPian

For me, the worst MLCP in Bangalore is definitely Maharaja Complex on BVK Iyengar Rd Jn! Its a challenge to even park a Nano/800 there. I cant think of taking a Punto to that mall. It wouldnt be able make past the first turn.

The Oasis mall comes a distant second.
I dont have much issues with the parking at Total Mall @Bellandur.

That said, the Forum Value Mall and the Phoenix Mall definitely has the best parking lots.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 15:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Oasis Mall on IRR has among the worst designed parkings. Every turn is a challenge, and requires reversing at times. I have seen people driving Cvics and Corollas struggle, so i neednt even mention going there with a bigger vehicle.

Wonder who approves such plans?!

The parking at Forum Mall - Whitefield is well-thought out, and spacious.
I don't know if the Mall Designers really thought about the reduction in footfall this (poorly designed nightmare parking lots) will have.

One scratch = Rs. 4000/-- Would I ever go to that place?

The Express Avenue in Madras is right in the heart of the city, but has a very good parking lot.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:50   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040
The Oasis mall comes a distant second.
That said, the Forum Value Mall and the Phoenix Mall definitely has the best parking lots.
Forum Koramangala, Forum Value Mall, Orion Mall, Phoenix Market City I believe have the best parking lots and really generous, spacious, parking area designs.

Garuda Mall, Oasis Mall, UB City,Sigma Mall,Mantri Mall etc are absolutely horrendous.
One would have thought UB City, being an upmarket destination for higher end brands, would have been generous in their parking but sadly, they are not.
If one attempts to park a high vehicle like a Scorpio there, one has to remove the antenna because otherwise, while reversing, the antenna will get caught on one of those silly little low hanging lateral pipe systems that they have installed in their parking lot!
Old 16th November 2012, 15:56   #15
BHPian

Re: The Best & Worst Parking Lots

Is it specific to Malls alone ?

Good Ones
1. Phoenix Market city, whitefield
2. Forum Value Mall, Whitefield
3. Forum, Koramangala
4. BIAL

Bad Ones
1. Banagalore Central, Bellandur
2. Total, old Airport road