Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2006, 21:28   #16
BHPian

It is sad and it is really a serious matter.

DRC I really feel you should have stoped the car and tried to put some sence into people inside the car.

This should not be done but at a bare minimum atleast few adults could have traded space with the children up top.

Scary Stuff... i dont know how people can be so careless, it would take just one momement to end 3 young lives.
Old 30th May 2006, 22:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPilot
Scary Stuff... i dont know how people can be so careless, it would take just one momement to end 3 young lives.
Welcome to India!

why to forget our very own dilli roads with 4 people (couple + 2 kids) riding on a bajaj chetak in the middle of the road!

Damn Careless! to themselves and to all others!
Old 30th May 2006, 23:55   #18
BHPian

Going By the issue of Safety..Apart from the poor junta in that Omni, i feel that Team-BHP does not adequately encourage safety among the users..!

Promoting use of Performance Mods such as NOS Kits are not exactly Safe and Illegal in Law..! Discussion is one thing, but I think the need should also carry a disclaimer that these should be done on Rally cars or Use with responsibilty.

Guy's don't hate me for this..just felt that it should be advised and responsibly potrayed to the Users..!

After all we are here because we all share a common passion for Cars, So Just do your bit to ensure we have a Safer India on the road..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 30th May 2006 at 23:58.
Old 31st May 2006, 00:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

YOu should have flagged the car over and given the driver a dressing down for endangering chidren like that!... Such ppl should be BANNED from driving!
Old 31st May 2006, 00:37   #20
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
YOu should have flagged the car over and given the driver a dressing down for endangering chidren like that!
Unfortunately this will only invite abuse from the driver and probably a snub like "mind your own business".
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
... Such ppl should be BANNED from driving!
One way to effectively warn the driver might be to inform him that his vehicle has been photographed WITH the number plates and that he will be reported to the police. And then GO AHEAD with the threat. If our police have any sense (which I doubt) they will act promptly to have the driver's license suspended and the vehicle owner warned that he is liable for his driver's actions.
Regards, rks
Old 31st May 2006, 02:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
One way to effectively warn the driver might be to inform him that his vehicle has been photographed WITH the number plates and that he will be reported to the police. And then GO AHEAD with the threat. If our police have any sense (which I doubt) they will act promptly to have the driver's license suspended and the vehicle owner warned that he is liable for his driver's actions.
Regards, rks
hehehe.....that was a good one!! a big sentence opened with a good word, A LARGE BIG "IF"
Old 31st May 2006, 11:24   #22
BHPian

although even i get pissed off seeing something like this but since we live in "mera bharat mahan" the best practice is to b careful urself. just b aware that the vehicle in front has "cargo" on top. because if that "cargo" falls down in front of your car you "will" most likely b prosecuted no matter what evience you have and might end up paying damages.

as rks mentioned "mind your own business" & drive carefully.
Old 31st May 2006, 11:44   #23
DRC
BHPian

As I mentioned, If the sticker on the car was true, and belonged to a lawer, (may be it does), then we all know what happens even if we take the matter to whatever heights.

I think we need a more public forum, not just a bunch of guys tapping on their key boards, with more visibility to the public to create awareness, and keep the enforcement authorities on toes.
Old 31st May 2006, 12:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

In India public does not want safety atleast they are not willing to pay for that no matter how small the amount is.

Why else do you think people marched rallies against govt when they tried to make wearing helmets compulsory ??
Old 31st May 2006, 13:05   #25
BHPian

I think that the Omni should come with seatbelts on the top for people like these. Don't you understand, they were getting some fresh air outside as it was quite hot inside (sarcasm).
Old 31st May 2006, 14:44   #26
BHPian

wanna get rid of your kids try maruti omni . the most worst car in india
Old 31st May 2006, 15:42   #27
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
wanna get rid of your kids try maruti omni . the most worst car in india
Garvit2002, be a little careful what you wish for! I hope you are just joking.
Old 31st May 2006, 17:29   #28
BHPian

The Great Indian Circus!!!
Old 25th August 2006, 13:42   #29
BHPian

How can people get so insane. THe omni is not meant to be carrying poeple on top, its meant for luggage. Are kids now luggage to be carried around!!!

Oops this is realy distrastrous
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks