Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2013, 01:36   #1
BHPian

What happens when a biker hits a Range Rover Evoque

Hey guys been posting a accident that happened to us mere 10mins back near Haji Ali, Mumbai.

So we were going towards peddar road at a speed of 70Kmph and out of no where a biker pops out in the wrong side and dashes into the Evoque's left front end.

The biker fells, gets up and even before we could get down in the context of helping him, he picks his bike and runs away fearing he dashed a premium car and he in a fix.

We have no clue how badly he would have been hurt since we did not even get to see him.

Anyway the damage that occured to our car was more than what we anticipated.

Lets the pictures do the talking.

What happens when a biker hits a Range Rover Evoque-image869588375.jpg

Trying to hold the plastic back!

What happens when a biker hits a Range Rover Evoque-image2189554343.jpg

Tyre FLAT!

What happens when a biker hits a Range Rover Evoque-image2792986400.jpg
Bumper screwed.

What happens when a biker hits a Range Rover Evoque-image3268966004.jpg

Changing tyre at 1am
Attached Thumbnails
What happens when a biker hits a Range Rover Evoque-image2491045335.jpg  

yashcosmos is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 15:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: What happens when a biker hits a Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Hey guys been posting a accident that happened to us mere 10mins back near Haji Ali, Mumbai.

So we were going towards peddar road at a speed of 70Kmph and out of no where a biker pops out in the wrong side and dashes into the Evoque's left front end. Anyway the damage that occured to our car was more than what we anticipated.
Hi mate, its actually alot of damage as to what is expected from a mere bike hit. Can you share the approx speed the bike would have been on. Secondly out of all the damage I fail to understand as to how the tyre got torn. The inner arch cladding got hit as well. Thankfully the headlamp got saved. Buddy take good care of yourself and be cautious in future.

Drive safe!!

thanks

AD
Old 29th December 2013, 15:21   #3
BHPian

Damn. That's nasty and judging by the amount of damage caused, I'm kinda surprised that the fella and his bike were ok. I mean, the cut on the sidewall is

You are kind enough to be concerned about him; had he bumped my car and I'd have found out he was ok, it'd have 'evoqued' a different sense of emotion in me!

I hope you get her fixed soon.
Old 29th December 2013, 15:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Classic example of morons having a free run on our roads. Now this accident will not raise any eyebrows and you will be expected to foot the bill for the repair. Starking contrast to the other Mumbai accident!

How did he manage to tear the tyre?
Old 29th December 2013, 15:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Can you share the approx speed the bike would have been on. Secondly out of all the damage I fail to understand as to how the tyre got torn.
The bike would have hit us at a speed of approximately 15-20Kmph that is it. It was more of he hitting us while changing the lanes.
Seriously we were also shocked to see the tyre torn, have no clue how did it happen maybe something pointed on his bike would have hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How did he manage to tear the tyre?
Have no clue at all. Shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Damn. That's nasty and judging by the amount of damage caused, I'm kinda surprised that the fella and his bike were ok.
The moment he hit us, we were certain that if not dead, he must have broke a bone or 2.
In my opinion he was drunk, and might have been too scared to wait and check himself and more focused on running away.
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 15:59   #6
BHPian

Man, that looks nasty. The biker must have been drunk or something. Hitting the ORVM is one thing, but smashing into the side of a car travelling at 70 is quite another thing.. and that too from the wrong side and at 1AM. Surprising that the fellow could actually flee on his bike after such an impact.
Pains to see your beauty with all the damages, hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 29th December 2013, 18:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2013 at 18:28. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
ad3952n is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th December 2013, 18:37   #8
BHPian

Did not approach them,
Haven't sent the car yet for repairs, will be sent tomorrow.
One thing i wanted to know is, the car is covered for 100% damage meaning plastic is also covered, but am unsure whether we have to pay the entire amount for the tyre or 50% or nothing at all?

This information will help me ceetainly

Thanks
yashcosmos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 18:47   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did not approach them,
Haven't sent the car yet for repairs, will be sent tomorrow.
One thing i wanted to know is, the car is covered for 100% damage meaning plastic is also covered, but am unsure whether we have to pay the entire amount for the tyre or 50% or nothing at all?

This information will help me ceetainly

Thanks
AFAIK tyres are not covered under the usual 0% dep policies unless you have taken add on covers for them. Or if something like BMW secure is provided by Range Rover in this case. If answer is a NO to both of the above then you will probably have to bear the whole expense of new tyre.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 19:32   #10
BHPian

A few bikers on Indian roads are known for nuisance value. The damage suffered is extensive. When someone bangs the car out of no where your heart is certainly going to bleed. However, what remains unanswered is how to rein in such bikers.

It is a daily affair, you will find cars scratched by bikers, rear view mirrors and sides of the bumpers are always at their mercy. I think the bikers have no clue of what it takes the owner to maintain and keep a car in great shape.
Old 30th December 2013, 11:37   #11
BHPian

I would recommend to go to nearest local police station and register this.

If after some time the biker comes and files a complaint against you it would be a problem and since 24 hrs is already passed DUI cannot be proved.
I have done this when it once happened and the officials told me that it was good I went to them first. You cannot be too cautious here especially when driving an expensive car.

The parking stand of a bike has quite sharp edges and that may have caused the tyre wall injury. Hope you car recovers soon.

I would also recommend to check total costs against NCB depreciation of your insurance, some times its cheaper not to use insurance. There is also a clause that if you use your 0% insurance 2 times a year for claims, third time it would be a comprehensive insurance.
baludharmarajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 12:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Pretty extensive damage to your car, kinda surprising for a bike collision at 15-20 kmph, can imagine your plight and that of the biker, he must have really been terrified at the prospect of dashing into a premium car and having to pay for it.

But, totally agree with baludharmarajan, please register a police complaint immediately to avoid any nasty surprises later on, although it does appear unlikely that the biker will go to the cops.

Drive safe!
Old 30th December 2013, 12:39   #13
BHPian

Thanks for all the advice Bhpians, have been travelling out of station so don't think we can register a case now,

Though will speak to my cousin and see if anything can be done.

About getting it repaired at local garage isn't a option since I fear the sensors and all are also damaged, and we want to be assured pf the quality of the work.

Will be getting the quote for the tyre by tomorrow will surely share how the entire repairing process underwent.

Regards.
Old 8th January 2014, 20:39   #14
BHPian

Hi guys, glad to inform that the zero dep insurance took care of the bills excluding the tyre.

We have to pay 25% of the tyre cost which is 25,000

Fair enough I guess
Old 9th January 2014, 06:33   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Hi guys, glad to inform that the zero dep insurance took care of the bills excluding the tyre. We have to pay 25% of the tyre cost which is 25,000 Fair enough I guess

So one Evoque tyre costs Rs 1 lac here in India?
Like one Toyota Fortuner tyres costs Rs 25K.
Wow!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks