Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 16:00   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Delhi: Online FIR for stolen vehicles

After launching the online FIR facility for lost documents, Delhi Police plans to launch a similar facility for stolen vehicles. Quoting from http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/d...ne-soon-589691

Quote:
Delhi Police is working on a system through which FIR of theft of motor vehicles in the national capital can be registered online and there would be a digitized system where the stolen automobile would be searched everyday among recovered vehicle. Although, Delhi Police has already launched an App through which loss of things like mobile phone, passport, PAN card can be reported, registration of FIR through an App or website will be a giant step never tried before.

"We are trying that the Motor Vehicles Act in Delhi can be launched on the website or App. This will generate the FIR automatically and the message will reach the DCPs. The system will compare the registration number every morning at 8 with the recovered vehicle thus helping to track the lost vehicle," Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi said today.

Last edited by GTO : 13th September 2014 at 13:36. Reason: Keeping the fair usage policy in mind, it's best to share an excerpt + link to full article. Thanks
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 17:33   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delhi: Online FIR for stolen vehicles

This is just awesome. The technology is there, and it's simple...why not use it, especially for big ticket items like cars! Wish cops from other states follow suit. Am sure there are a large number of good cars which end up unclaimed and / or never make it back home.
Old 15th September 2014, 19:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is just awesome. The technology is there, and it's simple...why not use it, especially for big ticket items like cars! Wish cops from other states follow suit. Am sure there are a large number of good cars which end up unclaimed and / or never make it back home.
It does look appealing, the idea is very noble and can reduce corruption as well since it effectively removes human contact, but I remain skeptical. It's the final implementation that often lacks in our country. For this system to be effective and efficient, our dear cops would need to update data and stuff on this platform on a daily basis. Now, given their reluctance to write a even simple FIR, I don't have much hopes from this.
Old 9th October 2014, 15:13   #4
BHPian

Though I too am a little apprehensive about how effective this would be, but its true that in the long run, say 15-20 years from now, these things will be inevitable. Technology IS going to play a big role in everyone's life be it the police or any other department of the state.

I am happy that at least it has started. I would appreciate even more if the state focuses on CCTV and dash cam installations too. Installing CCTV in every major crossing should also help in reducing crime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks