Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2006, 10:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

While driving down the NH45 toll road last Sunday midnight, near Chengalpattu, I see a Tvs50 at the side of the road, with 2 men lying nearby. My 1st thought was, "some vehicle knocked these guys down and drove on". Even though it is midnight with not a soul around and only me & my wife in the car, with both of us dead tired after a 16 hour straight drive from Kerala, we decide to stop and offer assistance. Then a warning flashes in my mind, "this could be a hoax". So, I coast slowly near them and I see what looks like, "2 guys blissfully asleep on the road, after imbibing more liquor than what they can handle". Even though they are at the left-most edge of the road, they still were in danger of being run over.
Old 25th August 2006, 12:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
While driving down the NH45 toll road last Sunday midnight, near Chengalpattu, I see a Tvs50 at the side of the road, with 2 men lying nearby. My 1st thought was, "some vehicle knocked these guys down and drove on". Even though it is midnight with not a soul around and only me & my wife in the car, with both of us dead tired after a 16 hour straight drive from Kerala, we decide to stop and offer assistance. Then a warning flashes in my mind, "this could be a hoax". So, I coast slowly near them and I see what looks like, "2 guys blissfully asleep on the road, after imbibing more liquor than what they can handle". Even though they are at the left-most edge of the road, they still were in danger of being run over.
slight OT

I appreciate your bravery and spirit. The best you can do is call the "Highway patrol" team and just move on. The numbers are printed on the sign boards at regular intervals. These patrol teams are very efficient.

16 hr straight drive? how many kms?

Last edited by Surprise : 25th August 2006 at 12:42.
Old 25th August 2006, 13:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
I appreciate your bravery and spirit. The best you can do is call the "Highway patrol" team and just move on. The numbers are printed on the sign boards at regular intervals. These patrol teams are very efficient.
Yes, I should have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
16 hr straight drive? how many kms?
Actually, by the time we reached home, it was 17hrs. 775kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks