Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 16:57   #1
BHPian

Is it safe to drive a KA car in TN, after the Jayalalithaa bail verdict?

Folks,

I have a visa interview at the US consulate this weekend and was originally planning on driving to Chennai with family and turn the trip into a small family outing.

However, considering today's verdict against Jayalalithaa and what seems to be a new batch of anti-Karnataka backlash building up, I am slightly worried about driving my KA registered Santa Fe to Chennai.

Do you guys think I am being an unreasonable worrywart?

Anyone with a similar experience from during the Carvery dispute days care to chime in?

Mods: if this is not the right section, please feel free move it accordingly.
ashwin390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 17:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it safe to drive a KA car in TN after the Jayalalithaa bail verdict on 07 Oct

Play it safe and either fly down or take the train. You could hire a cab once in Chennai. All the reactions may just die down by the weekend, but for complete peace of mind, don't take your car.

You never know with these political parties as to what and when they can and may incite the crowds and if you happen to get stuck, well that is it and that is why I do not think taking your car is worth the risk involved.
Old 7th October 2014, 17:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it safe to drive a KA car in TN after the Jayalalithaa bail verdict on 07 Oct

Weekend shouldnt be a problem. I do not think there is going to any hatred crime on cars with KA registration and if it is there god save this country.

What is mr Panneerselvam doing if he is not maintaining law and order?
Old 7th October 2014, 17:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't bother too much IMHO, from the recent experience. of course, that was before this kind of crap happened:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...?homepage=true

under this circumstance I'd much rather that you just take a bus or train over and hire a local cab. Not worth the hassle for a bangalorean here with family. a localite shouldnt be too worried.
Old 7th October 2014, 17:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin390 View Post
Folks,

I have a visa interview at the US consulate this weekend and was originally planning on driving to Chennai with family and turn the trip into a small family outing.

However, considering today's verdict against Jayalalithaa and what seems to be a new batch of anti-Karnataka backlash building up, I am slightly worried about driving my KA registered Santa Fe to Chennai.

Do you guys think I am being an unreasonable worrywart?

Anyone with a similar experience from during the Carvery dispute days care to chime in?

Mods: if this is not the right section, please feel free move it accordingly.
I would advice against taking any KA registered personal vehicles to TN

Quote:
The most disturbing ones even threatened to hold Kannadigas living in the state hostage if Jayalalithaa is not released.
http://www.business-standard.com/art...0700257_1.html
Old 7th October 2014, 17:14   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin390 View Post
I had a stone land on my KA registered car's windshield when passing through TN during the Cauvery issue. Unfortunate? Possibly, but maybe better to play safe.
Old 7th October 2014, 17:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Would advise against taking anything that identifies you with KA. From personal experience, the populace is agitated , and even a small trigger can whip up an angry reaction. Best to avoid agitating a mob eager to destroy property.
Old 7th October 2014, 17:29   #8
BHPian

Thanks all, for your quick responses and the advice!
Old 8th October 2014, 14:50   #9
Team-BHP Support

Additional link provided by arun_josie.

Quote:
This is a heads-up for people planning for a TN trip in KA registered vehicles,

After Jaya setback, violence in TN, protesters target Karnataka vehicles - See more at:
http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...s/?SocialMedia
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks