Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2014, 12:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Inconsiderate drivers impersonating Emergency Vehicles with fake sirens & lights

There have been a number of instances where I have encountered cars having illegal red and blue flashing lights and siren to mimic emergency vehicles.

They use the siren and flashing lights and I have given way to these cars thinking it as an ambulance. . These are particularly used during night and in peak traffic.

These lights are easily available and for dirt cheap price of under Rs.1000/-
I am sharing a link from one of the accessory website below. These are even marketed as Police style led lights.
Police Style Led Lights

This is highly illegal and immoral. I hope the traffic police take cognizance of such cars and punish them not just with fines, but with jail terms as they are impersonating emergency vehicles. Also it is high time, these lights are banned from sale and production.

Just an example of one of the inconsiderate imbecile with such lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Inconsiderate drivers impersonating Emergency Vehicles with fake sirens & lights-accord.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 12:57   #2
BHPian

re: Inconsiderate drivers impersonating Emergency Vehicles with fake sirens & lights

Wrong usage is the most common reason why many of the genuine emergency vehicle don't get way on the road when they actually need them.

Emergency Sirens/Lights must be used in emergency situations only and by emergency vehicles only, these are not meant for common vehicles to have some fun and panic others on road.

Even when caught by cops they only fine for a few hundred rupees and remove it from the vehicle, the punishment must be more than that. I think license of the driver must be cancelled.

Sale of Emergency Sirens/Lights must be through authorized retailers only and to be sold to eligible users/vehicles only and sale via other modes (shop/online) must be banned.

Last edited by GTO : 18th October 2014 at 15:55. Reason: Typos
SaurabhSaran is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th October 2014, 23:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Inconsiderate drivers impersonating Emergency Vehicles with fake sirens & lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I hope the traffic police take cognizance of such cars and punish them not just with fines, but with jail terms as they are impersonating emergency vehicles.
I suggest you share the photos & registration numbers on the Bangalore Traffic Police facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/BangaloreTrafficPolice

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 00:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Inconsiderate drivers impersonating Emergency Vehicles with fake sirens & lights

Quote:
There have been a number of instances where I have encountered cars having illegal red and blue flashing lights and siren to mimic emergency vehicles.
Where have you seen such vehicles?
Personally I have seen and know Doctors or people working with emergency service putting these lights on their private vehicles.
Even some vets use this.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 07:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I suggest you share the photos & registration numbers on the Bangalore Traffic Police facebook page.
Have shared the same on BTP website

Quote:
Where have you seen such vehicles?
Personally I have seen and know Doctors or people working with emergency service putting these lights on their private vehicles.
Even some vets use this.
In Bangalore, I have seen a couple of VW Polo, an i20, a taxi innova with these lights. Few of them were sporting dark tints as well.
These are particularly visible during evening and night

I doubt, doctors are allowed to use such lights on public roads.
Old 20th October 2014, 08:22   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Even some vets use this.
Quote:
I doubt, doctors are allowed to use such lights on public roads.
+1 : I dont think even Doctors are allowed to use these lights. They too would have their on-duty hours & hospitals are manned for emergency timings in a planned way.
Old 20th October 2014, 08:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Talking to one such imbecile I questioned how he gets away by having flashing lights. His reply "court has banned lights on vehicle roof" He is using in cabin strobes. It helps that his uncle is big police officer
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 09:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Talking to one such imbecile I questioned how he gets away by having flashing lights. His reply "court has banned lights on vehicle roof" He is using in cabin strobes. It helps that his uncle is big police officer
Loop holes in law! I also think its not defined who can use what color etc too.
I sometimes see trucks with blinking red/blue lights which make like look that of a ambulance at night.
Old 20th October 2014, 10:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

I knew of someone who had a zen with siren and a red blinking auxiliary lamp in the front. The cops used to make way for him. The problem is not cops not bothered, its that they are scared in case the person is actually an important person.

Yesterday, I saw a group of people came to watch a football match at the FSL in an ambulance and sirens blaring. I even remember going to office during a bandh in an ambulance about 12 years back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks