Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Drive more?

Wont one feel tempted to go for more long drives/tours if his/her car is
1) more economic
2) more performing
3) etc

I think I would do more tours and even made a mistake getting a Petrol car. Covered 36k in 9months.

I was thinking, if its just me or whether you guys thought/did so...
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Covered 36k in 9months.
Man, that's some mileage. It took me 16 months to complete the 10000 kms that I needed on the odo to get the 3rd service done.

Regarding your question, I think it has more to do with a person's attitude, than with the car's FE or performance. A guy who likes travelling will do it irrespective of what FE his car gives. Maybe he might cringe a bit when he sees the credit card bill after the travel. But will most likely forget it soon and embark on the next trip.
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:55   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

So very true .. 3k kms in the first week of buying the baleno but since then seem to have sobered down .. Cars run 12k now , but would love to go on holidays more for the driving than for the break from routine .. That said , yes when it comes to pleasurable driving , petrol bills dont matter much .. Its the time u get to spend with ur car , getting to know her that much more .. Just cant wait to take her out again on yet another trip (read a long one at that) very soon .. Until then .. And JK , dont feel left out ur not the only one who feels thus .......
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

I just enjoy driving. Be a sports car, family sedan, MPV, SUV or hatch.

I don't think the car would make any diff to my driving interest but, the driving environment would surely make a diff to the car i choose.

I'm sure i can have as much fun with the Innova on track, as i did with the Vtec. Only diff, i'l be a lot slower.

The Innova maynot be driver oriented but thats what makes it so much fun to drive. You need to really give it everything to put in a fast lap without going off track. The line between making a turn and heading into the weeds is ever so thinner.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd August 2006, 16:35   #5
BHPian

Well said Shan...

and rightly said Mclaren.. the time spent knowing your baby is worth every second.. your car might not change, but the driving evironment and circumstances you get into keep changing.. there's no hard and fast rule as to what needs to be done when!...

Shrivz...
Old 3rd August 2006, 22:26   #6
BHPian

I would be tempted for more driving if

1. Petrol was cheaper
2. Roads were better.

In the US I drive an average of 4000 miles (6000 odd kms) every month. Cant dream of doing that in India, at least not with my current job.
Old 3rd August 2006, 22:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
I would be tempted for more driving if

1. Petrol was cheaper
2. Roads were better.

In the US I drive an average of 4000 miles (6000 odd kms) every month. Cant dream of doing that in India, at least not with my current job.
Wow, ! 6k! man what do you do for a living!
Old 4th August 2006, 11:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
16 months to complete the 10000 kms
Hey isint service 3, 1 year or 1000kms which ever is earlier.

JK i totally agree with you if petrol was cheaper and the roads were more empty surely there is no need to think twice for going for a drive but with poor roads it makes your heart ache making the suspension of your car work out like crazy.
Old 7th August 2006, 10:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
Hey isint service 3, 1 year or 1000kms which ever is earlier.
You are right about that. But at 1 year, I was short by a few thousand kms. And I feel that reaching the set kms (10K kms) is more important a parameter in deciding the service schedule than the period (1 year). Since the MASS did not have any issue with me bringing in the car for service a few months late, I waited till the odo hit 10000kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks