Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2015, 00:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Windshield stoned on the Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
This thread came up at the right time. My dad, kaka and 2 fui's were returning from Junagadh yesterday. They left at 8 in the morning and were near Virar by around 12 in the night. Someone flung a stone at my Kaka's Swift and it hit the front window, broke the glass and injured my dad who was sitting in the front. Imagine the hit was so HARD, that the metal part above the door caved in like 3 inches inside the Swift.

These stone flingers want people to die so that they can loot petty things like a radio, tyres or maybe some jewelry of someone. Hideous thought process with no compassion for humans at all. I tell you, if someone ever tries to stop my car on the highway, the only thing my foot is pressing tight is the accelerator pedal.
Probably my 3M CR70 saved my co passenger from an injury as it absorbed a good part of the impact to a point where it tore away into three different directions at the point of impact. The stone did not come through and bounced off over my vehicle.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2015 at 02:40. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 11:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Windshield stoned on the Highway

Mythbusters (a show on Discovery Channel), Episode 138 - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBus..._Cup_Killer.22.
Tossing cool drinks cans at a windshield at highway speeds of around 100kmph was tested. The results were that the cans could easily pierce the windshield and seriously injure the driver/passenger.

So yes, the CR70 film would have prevented the windshield from totally breaking, allowing you to drive on. It probably saved your life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks