Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2015, 13:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoomcar Hit and Run! What to do? Update - Zoomcar responds

With car DVRs getting cheaper by the day, I think ZoomCar can simply equip all their cars with a DVR each, maybe one even on the rear window. While GPS logs are evidence enough for speeding etc, video logs might come in handy in exception situations.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 17:32   #17
BHPian

Hi All, I am yet to get an update from ZoomCar for the mail sent, had explained the same issue to them, but yet to no avail for just over a day.

Last edited by kaushik_ak : 6th May 2015 at 17:33.
kaushik_ak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_ak View Post
Hi All, I am yet to get an update from ZoomCar for the mail sent, had explained the same issue to them, but yet to no avail for just over a day.

Contact them Via facebook, also post a link to this thread on their facebook page.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 13:35   #19
BHPian

Posted this link to Zoomcar page, after close to 2 days of inaction. Need to wait for their response

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2015 at 21:11. Reason: Typo
Old 11th May 2015, 18:04   #20
BHPian

Following quote is the response from Zoom Team. It does reflect a sense of trust.

"Hi XXXX,

Zoom Car levies appropriate penalties on its users for violations of any Zoom Car policies, as and when deemed fit.

We would not be able to share any further information at this point as it would mean violating confidentiality terms that we have with our customers. Having said that, should there be any authoritative enquiry into this matter, Zoom Car shall offer absolute co-operation with all the necessary details at its disposal.

Thank you for reaching out to us,

Regards,
The Zoom Team"

Last edited by kaushik_ak : 11th May 2015 at 18:06.
kaushik_ak is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 19:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for posting the follow-up kaushik_ak.

My concern is unfortunately still the same:

The poor biker must be lying in hospital (from your description - severely injured, or god-forbid worse), without a clue of who hit him, or even what colour car it was. Who knows what the cops he's spoken to know, or have told him. Probably that they didn't have any plate number or identification to go by.

He not only has to deal with the physical pain of being in an accident, but also the pain of not knowing how/why it happened, and the medical bills too. (And this is not the worst-case scenario at all).

I think ZoomCar's response sucks, here's why:

With a ZoomCar involved in a hit and run, it is bloody well their responsibility to GO to the cop station and file a report, rather than sit around and wait for an "inquiry" before they decide to "offer their absolute co-operation". Hogwash.

@ ZoomCar - Why don't you try putting integrity and decency before your fear of bad PR!
Rehaan is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 06:40   #22
BHPian

I INSIST you immediately get in touch with the founder and CEO of ZOOM car India of whose I had contact details. Wish I had seen this thread earlier! Hope it helps!

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th May 2015 at 09:48. Reason: Removing contact details from public view and sharing them via PM to the thread starter.
Y@SH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 09:12   #23
BHPian

Yesterday a zoom scorpio was being driven very very rashly near hennur cutting lanes once forcing me to brake suddenly at high speed. its almost like people are using these cars for test drive with zero sense of responsibility.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 11:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
I INSIST you immediately get in touch with the founder and CEO of ZOOM car India of whose I had contact details. Wish I had seen this thread earlier! Hope it helps!
Thanks Y@sh, I have sent a mail to the CEO of ZoomCar India and shared this thread link with him. I will keep the thread posted when I recieve any response from him.
Old 12th May 2015, 15:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_ak View Post
I too hope that this has happened already. Would check with the local police station in jurisdiction on the same. As suggested, if no complaint has been registered already, there is little we could do.
Hi Koushik

I tagged and forwarded this link to zoomcar on FB and they replied back, stating that they are trying to contact you.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoomcar Hit and Run! What to do? Update - Zoomcar responds-zoomcar.jpg  

Naetik30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 18:13   #26
BHPian

Hi @Naetik30
I too have raised similar concern on FB, it is just not required to share the contact details individually when the issue now is public.

Zoomcar Hit and Run! What to do? Update - Zoomcar responds-zoomcapture.jpg

I have anyways mailed to support@zoomcar.in on the very first day of the incident and alos to their CEO today
Old 12th May 2015, 20:42   #27
BHPian

It is just amazing to see the extent to which zoomcar will go to secure privacy of their customer. Mr. Salman are you watching this. You should be the brand ambassador for zoomcar. Or should I say brand land cruiser...
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 22:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Typical of most Indian companies to keep asking for more information even though they have enough information to proceed in this case. Ideally, they should just provide the customer information to the police along with a copy of the complaint from the thread opener. Why should people give their contact details and expose themselves to further intimidation/threats to their life by the person who was driving rashly?
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 10:59   #29
BHPian

Update: Got response from Greg, CEO of ZoomCar India.

Here goes the response:

"Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for reaching out. It's unfortunate that it's under these circumstances. In fact, some Team BHP members had posted on our FB page and we had responded on the same earlier. We immediately attempted to reach out but weren't able to reach you. Just to confirm, you were in fact the individual who had witnessed this incident?

We certainly view this as a serious incident. In these cases, we rely on the supportive community to assist us in obtaining the necessary facts and circumstances around any incident. While Zoomcar has very robust vehicle tracking capabilities through GPS and other sophisticated software, there are naturally certain cases that can only be reported through human observation.

It would be of tremendous assistance if you could provide your phone number and our CC manager Salil could phone you this morning to learn more (he's marked here). Suffice to say, this customer is blacklisted from ever booking a Zoomcar again. We will cooperate with any and all authorities that investigate this incident (as we have done in the past when other unfortunate situations arise).

Just to reiterate our rules policy, we do levy a substantial fine (Rs 500) for individuals who cross Rs 125/hr (maybe meaning 125kmph). Moreover, we're working on developing robust OBD based technology that will track harsh braking and swerving. This will put us in a better position to penalize drivers who aren't up to the mark and who put other drivers into precarious positions. As you can appreciate, this is very novel technology that's not yet perfected and as such, we would like to take great care in deploying it. In this particular incident, please note that the driver wasn't actually speeding or overtly breaking any traffic rules (per our GPS). This makes it particularly challenging to levy a stiff penalty (in the absence of an accident).

In addition to the robust technology that we have today and will continue to deploy in the future, we're also partnering with the local police shortly on a comprehensive safe driving campaign. We're hopeful that this will also raise awareness pan India for more disciplined driving. Moreover, we're going to be rolling out an exciting driver incentive scheme which promotes safe and fuel efficient driving very shortly. We're certainly confident this will benefit the entire community.

Thanks again for bringing this unfortunate incident to our attention. Our team is looking forward to working together to fully drive this incident to closure."

I have replied to the mail providing my contact details so that I could personally speak to them and investigate further, if necessary

Last edited by kaushik_ak : 13th May 2015 at 11:14. Reason: Format and additional content
kaushik_ak is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 13:19   #30
Team-BHP Support

Too soon for appreciation maybe, but due credit to the gent for at least bothering to respond personally and not sending an auto-reply message.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks