Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2006, 18:59   #1
DRC
BHPian

Wake up to a THUD .... SCREE...CH...SCREECH....

Well, My Sunday started bad.
It was about 7 in the morning and I was still sleeping. A rude THUD and a SCREECH sound woke me up (yes a THUD and a SCREECH). The first thought that came to my mind was my car parked out side. Did some one hit it. I do not have a garage, I park on the street.
I just jumped out if the bed and ran out. The scene was horrific. An Omni has rammed into the garage wall of the house opposite to mine. And there is a guy inside the car. I rushed to see if he needs help, and was astonished to see he is my neighbour. I found him in a fully drunk, and surprisingly not injured. Engine was still running.
I switched off the engine and got him out of the car. By thihs time people around the block started gathering. I had a closer look at the scene and found the car had travelled only about 20 meters before the crash. No attempt was made to avoid the collision (so first I heard was THUD, No tyre skid marks on the tarmac). It was one arc across the street. Instead there was an attempt to get the car out. There were tyre spin marks on the grond where the rear wheels were there. Interestingly, the car was in the first gear. Which must have pushed the car against the wall further. (So the screech later).

I thanked god twice because I had parked my car in that area the previous night, and decided to park a little behind thinking the Santro guy who parks inside the garage will come and spoil my sleep in the morning.

I had a look at the Omni as I with some other neighbours prepared to remove the car out of the road. The front portion was largely damaged, The wind shield had come out and fallen on the grond and NOT BROKEN! Front bumper had digged into the left front tyre making the tyre immovable. We just pushed the scrap againsh the garage wall and left as it is.

Whatever the excuse anyone can have, It is just not acceptable to get behind the wheel when drunk. If the lady luck been in bad mood the damage would have been costlier, including the life. What say!
Old 4th September 2006, 20:28   #2
BHPian

When will people learn that drinking and driving just don't go hand in hand...sure recipe for disaster. Your neighbour is one lucky guy!
Old 4th September 2006, 23:29   #3
BHPian

All said and done i'm waiting to hear about his reaction when he is sober and goes back to start his car!

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 4th September 2006, 23:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
All said and done i'm waiting to hear about his reaction when he is sober and goes back to start his car!

Godspeed,

Alok
start his car....hehehee..i guess with the thud crash bang boom.....he should not be allowed to go near a car again.
Old 5th September 2006, 01:27   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j
Your neighbour is one lucky guy!
i think DRC is the lucky guy .good thing he moved his car the night before.
Old 5th September 2006, 11:08   #6
DRC
BHPian

The car he crashed is not his car. It was his friends.

FYI
Old 5th September 2006, 12:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Well, My Sunday started bad.
It was about 7 in the morning and I was still sleeping.
Whatever the excuse anyone can have, It is just not acceptable to get behind the wheel when drunk. If the lady luck been in bad mood the damage would have been costlier, including the life. What say!
This man is a museum piece. At 7 Am this is his state, I can't think of his evenings. You better park your car somewhere far far away

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks