Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 08:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

OneSideTaxi.com: One-way taxi for intercity travel

Recently have come across various innovative intercity travel options that have been designed to bridge the demand and the service providers together.

There are two of them which I would like to highlight -

OneSideTaxi.com (review based on personal experience, many more have come up now)
BlaBlaCar.com (internet sources)

First on OneSideTaxi -

This concept may not look very innovative at first, but just try to search for a taxi service one way say from Ahmedabad to Udaipur or Delhi to Jaipur

Chances are that you will not find even one and even if you find one then they would charge for both the journeys.

This is the exact issue which OneSideTaxi wants to address and as usual a bright entrepreneur launched this startup bringing the Taxi operators and customers to a single platform.

The same thing happened with me when I was touring Rajasthan last Nov and had to take one way taxis from Ahmedabad - Udaipur and Udaipur - Jodhpur. I did not require the taxi for longer since I had train bookings for rest of my journey.

Any other taxi operator I called would offer taxis but billed from the last destination Jodhpur, that is Jodhpur to Ahmedabad to Udaipur to Jodhpur so a wasteful and costly expense for me till I chanced upon OneSideTaxi which offered these two rides.

I called up the customer care and was told that I can make the booking in their site and pay up an advance amount for both the journeys which I did. I again called them to re-confirm my booking and assure that a taxi will be ready at the Ahmedabad airport for my travel to Udaipur.

The taxi driver did call me the previous night itself checking if I was actually travelling. On landing at Ahmedabad, the taxi arrived promptly and within no time we were on the highway to Udaipur. I was a good experience and the driver took the designated fare minus the advance payment at the end of the journey.

The same experience when we travelled from Udaipur - Jodhpur, however we got a bigger cab (Tavera) for just 2 of us which we did not complain. We travelled to Udaipur via Kumbalgarh fort which was at an agreed higher fare. This journey was good nearly till the end but the driver got a little cranky to drop us off at our resort in the outskirts of Jodhpur.

I called the company contact who finally came up with a resolution to pay up Rs.200 more than the fare which I had to agree given the family in tow and night time. Overall it was a decent experience and importantly I saved half the fare if I had taken a traditional two way taxi service.

Now on BlaBlaCar -

BlaBlaCar connects car owners and co-travellers to share city-to-city journeys through the largest rideshare service in the world.

(Source - Website)

The difference is however that it is a car pooling platform for intercity journeys. Personally I am not sure if I would take it if I am with my family but would surely try it out the next time I am travelling single. Happy to hear more of such experience from our fellow Team BHPians.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2016 at 13:50. Reason: Let this thread focus on onesidetaxi only
girishglg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: OneSideTaxi.com: One-way taxi for intercity travel

Thanks for sharing! Let this thread focus on one-way taxi services only. We have other threads to discuss the different intercity travel options.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

I did Udaipur-Jodhpur 3 years back with Ranakpur Temple on the way, costed me 3K then. Prices are on par with what it was.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 21:04   #4
BHPian

I did Ahmedabad Baroda last october with oneway.cab. Booked online. Very prompt and had a nice ride.

This concept seems to be popular in Gujarat and Rajadtan only. Are such services available in cities/ states
Old 25th January 2016, 14:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post

This concept seems to be popular in Gujarat and Rajadtan only. Are such services available in cities/ states
When I had spoken to them last, I was told that they would be launching in other popular routes in the west and south like Bangalore - Mysore etc and asked me to keep a track of the website where new routes would be updated.

Would be a great boon esp for Bangalore - Mysore if one has to stay overnight or for more days and do not want to take the bus service for any reason. The trains are also jam packed always in this route.
Old 16th January 2017, 15:57   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a one-way taxi for BLR-HYD, day time travel for family ( women only).

Any suggestions ?
Old 20th November 2019, 00:37   #7
BHPian

Is there someone who has used this service in recent times?

I am looking for one way cab soon. Have heard bad first hand publicity of MMT / Yatra arranged cab services. Not sure onesidecab is still in business
Old 21st November 2019, 10:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Is there someone who has used this service in recent times?

I am looking for one way cab soon. Have heard bad first hand publicity of MMT / Yatra arranged cab services. Not sure onesidecab is still in business
I have used MMT once in November, 2018 from Shirdi to Pune airport and had a good experience.

We were given Toyota Etios which was in a very clean & good condition. The car already crossed 2 Lakhs on speedometer but the driver maintained the car well. It did not ever feel that the car has run for 2 lakhs kms. He was on the scheduled time, drove well.
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks