Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2016, 08:10   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car transportation fraud - Om Sai Packers & Logistics, Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
The business ethics aside the best way to transport your car is as below.
Very nice tips, thank you. You might want to add this information on the thread for transporting cars/bikes to serve as a general reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
No PTFE/PVC tape for item 2.
I know petrol dissolves Teflon tape, and softens PVC. I presume that's the reason?
Old 10th September 2016, 08:19   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Very nice tips, thank you. You might want to add this information on the thread for transporting cars/bikes to serve as a general reference.
I know petrol dissolves Teflon tape, and softens PVC. I presume that's the reason?
I did see that other transport thread. It hasn't been updated in 2-3 years. Let's leave these few points here itself since we have people discussing it this month. Maybe others will have better ideas for the securing the car.

And yeah. 10 points to you.

Thank you for your time in reading this.
hangover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 14:23   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Keep all records – Documents, ID proofs, SMS, Whatapp, phone conversations...
Please note in their quotation and shipping document that, they do not have any TIN/STIN (Like our PAN number). This means they do not pay any tax or may not be registered at all. So it may be a good idea to check these numbers to have some qualifying criteria of a vendor.
DrMishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 14:49   #49
SRN

Really horrendous! I was planning to use one of the packers to move one of my cars to Mumbai. Looking at your experience, I reckon Agarwal or the other well-known players are better even though they are expensive.

I now plan to drive it down myself. Thank you for sharing your experience, kinda eye opener.
Old 19th September 2016, 17:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Horrible experience of transporting a car from Delhi to Bangalore through a transporter.

Be careful – DO NOT USE – OM SAI PACKERS & LOGISTICS, GURGAON (mobiles – 9650053657, 9650053757, omsaipackersandlogistics.com)
Came across this link. I have been through a harrowing experience in getting my BMW from Delhi. It took me 1 month and a police compliant to get this done. I talked to couple of transporters and got to know that this company is involved in a lot of fraud. Be careful. The only thing that went in my way is that the seller had considerable political pull for which these guys got scared and ensured that the car was sent across after police intervention
Old 19th September 2016, 23:32   #51
BHPian

After reading so many horror stories about the packers and movers, I am convinced that i have always made a practically wise decision by driving my beloved car myself. When I bought it(Rapid 1.6 TDI), I travelled to Jamshedpur and drove it till Dharamshala.

Last year, I had to go to Hyderabad and my entire circle of friends and well wishers advised me not to even consider driving it. My team BHP membership had just been approved and against the advice of the world, I drove my car from Dharamshala to Hyderabad with a friend and back to Dharamshala all alone stopping at Pune, Vadodara and New Delhi respectively; a decision which was seen as daring by some and foolish by few.

I drove again from Dharamshala to Dhanbad all alone in December-2015. I am likely to go to Hydrebad in November and after reading this thread, I have already made my mind to drive in our Honda Brio.

PS : The best moments that I have with my Rapid are those when it's gunning for the horizon at 3000RPM.
Old 20th September 2016, 11:28   #52

I'm glad it got sorted out and I can only feel sorry for what you had to endure. If your buyer is still looking, I wouldn't mind driving it down for him, as I'm going to be in Delhi sometime next week
Tomcat1011 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 17:37   #53
BHPian

Totally understand. I had a horrible experience with Agarwal Packers. Delhi to Bangalore. Car was received in a scratched up condition. Scratches due to what looked like ropes used to fasten car to lorry. Windows were obviously left slightly open to pass ropes inside car and out the other window. Car as a result was filled with dust and muck. Doors were not shutting flush - body was slightly deformed due to stress from wrongly positioned anchor ropes. Window beeding/ weather strips of all doors damaged where rope passed. Totally depressing.

Last edited by CLIX : 20th September 2016 at 17:38.
Old 20th September 2016, 17:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat1011 View Post
I'm glad it got sorted out and I can only feel sorry for what you had to endure. If your buyer is still looking, I wouldn't mind driving it down for him, as I'm going to be in Delhi sometime next week
The buyer sent his trusted driver who took it to Mysore. The car is now in the safe hands of the buyer. Thanks for the offer to drive...
Old 22nd September 2016, 05:17   #55
BHPian

Scary tale indeed. It is strange and lucky enough on your part to get back the car after the ordeal, and that too in Gurgaon.
A thorough inspection is really the requirement in such cases.
I remember when I transported my 6 month old Punto from Bangalore to Delhi, I drove down to Nelmamgala from K.R.Puram, got the car loaded in the truck and then paid the money the next day.
Thankfully the car reached umscathed and I took delivery near Maruti in Gurgaon. While bringing it back to Bangalore through the same packers and movers, I was a little relaxed and handed over the car for loading. While delivery in Bangalore was delayed, the packer arranged for a modest maruti omni for us for two days to commute in town, along with a driver.
That was something unheard and unexpected for me. Over the years the same packers have assisted in shifting of numerous of my friends and family members across India.

They are Air Cargo packers and movers. Contact nos. .Radheshyam +91 99165 93351 & +91 9880007001. Not a promotional post but just that they are trustworthy enough for one to engage. However, be vigilant and take necessary care on your part. It always helps.
Travelator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 20:54   #56
BHPian

After reading this horror stories decided to drive down my new Verna from Delhi to Kerala. Thanks for this awesome post.
greyhound82 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks