Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2006, 12:52   #1
BHPian

Hi all,

Had a problem with a BPO cabbie today. The incident happened at 9:00 AM in the outer ring road near B.Narayana pura in blr.

This cab comes from behind me and brushes on my car's right side the body work right over the rear tyre. The scratch was a minor one, however the cabbie did not stop. I went after him and made him stop. I did the following things:

1. Got out of my car and took away his keys.
2. Started demanding the contact nos of the admin of Lucent for which this cabbie was driving for to lodge a complaint. The cab was not displaying contact nos.
3. The cabbie started apologizing and requesting that I let him go.
4. I refuse and keep demanding the contacts of the Lucent admins.
5. I work the way up from the cab owner, to a tour operator to a mega cab aggregator who provides services to big corporates in blr.
6. Finally at about 10:15 AM I get to talk to the lucent admin. He apologizes and promises action.

I request the tbhpians to share feedback on my behaviour. I felt that I'd kept my cool.

I did not get to the police as I thought that informing Lucent was a better option in discipling the cab driver.

Regards,

lsjey
Old 27th October 2006, 13:22   #2
BHPian

Excellent! Have you noticed that a majority of these cabbies mess with the contact numbers so they become un-readable? I've seen some scribbled on with markers, torn, stickered over and so on. Even when the numbers are displayed they are never answered. I've tried several times. Glad to hear you were successful in bringing one of these guys to book!
Old 27th October 2006, 13:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

The cab operator wouldnt really do much about the accident Sir. Good that you have informed the company people . Dont know if the cops in town would even consider doing something about this because when it happened to me, they said "parvaagilla Saar maathaadi settle maadi, paapa driver " .
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2006, 14:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

you did good isjey. hope that stupid cabbie learnt a lesson today.
Old 27th October 2006, 14:34   #5
kph
BHPian

Dont know about Lucent, In my previous organization if the transport dept gets such a complaint, that driver will no more be there.
Old 27th October 2006, 14:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

isjey, you did the right thing. Nothing can come out of just blowing your top and doing things just to attack him on a personal basis.
Old 27th October 2006, 16:12   #7
BHPian

I think you did the right thing Isjey, a word of caution here.

Similar thing happened to me in H'bad. It was a cabbie, not sure a BPO or whatever, tried passing between my car and an auto ahead on left. His car right side would have got scratches as my front left of the bumper. I thought of chasing him, but saw him speeding and probably scared. I did not want to start a high speed chase endangering lives on the road. This is one thing we might like to watch against, if we scare him he is going to put more lives in danger (at least in Hyderabad).
Old 27th October 2006, 16:21   #8
BHPian

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]Definitely you did the right thing. I’m under the impression that the companies do take action against these drivers.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 27th October 2006, 16:25   #9
BHPian

well isjey you did the right thing, if i was in your position i also would have done the same thing. this will teach a lesson for that cabbie and in future he will be more responsible.
Old 27th October 2006, 17:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass
I think you did the right thing Isjey, a word of caution here.

Similar thing happened to me in H'bad. It was a cabbie, not sure a BPO or whatever, tried passing between my car and an auto ahead on left. His car right side would have got scratches as my front left of the bumper. I thought of chasing him, but saw him speeding and probably scared. I did not want to start a high speed chase endangering lives on the road. This is one thing we might like to watch against, if we scare him he is going to put more lives in danger (at least in Hyderabad).
I absolutely agree with you sreenivass. I feel that giving chase is not a good thing. In this case even though I gave chase it was not a high speed one. Still I will think atleast 2 times before giving chase again.

Hope some one does some thing about these cab drivers of BPO companies.

I drive very defensively and never overspeed. It is just too frustrating to have such people on the roads.

lsjey
Old 27th October 2006, 18:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
The cab operator wouldnt really do much about the accident Sir. Good that you have informed the company people . Dont know if the cops in town would even consider doing something about this because when it happened to me, they said "parvaagilla Saar maathaadi settle maadi, paapa driver " .

This some how doen not apply when you or me meet with an accident, the first thing the cops would say is how much would you bribe me..

Again there are exceptions due to which the system is running.
Old 27th October 2006, 18:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

lsjey, among police, cab operator and the company, company would be more sensitive to such complaints. Also the company has greater say in how the deal (between operator & company) should work, since it them you are paying.
Hope this serves as guide for rest of when dealing with such situations.
Old 30th October 2006, 12:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy
lsjey, among police, cab operator and the company, company would be more sensitive to such complaints. Also the company has greater say in how the deal (between operator & company) should work, since it them you are paying.
Hope this serves as guide for rest of when dealing with such situations.
I was simply amazed at the various levels of organization:

1. The cab that hit me belonged to a guy who runs a taxi operation . He just bought three indicas, hired three drivers that is all.
2. This small time guy ties up with a bigger tour operator.
3. This operator aggregates such small timers. This operator in turn is affiliated into an shift taxi operations company.
4. This company in turn negotiates with corporates and runs their services.

Given this many levels, i seriously will feel insecure taking these cabs in the night. The cab drivers do get some sort of training, and the corporates also have a lot of legal terms in contracts. However, these are to move the risk away from the corporates into the taxi operators I think.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 30th October 2006, 13:27   #14
BHPian

Quote:
However, these are to move the risk away from the corporates into the taxi operators I think.

You are right here no big company in its right mind will want to deviate from its core competency, At the end of the day they mean business
so they esatablish all check and controls and outsource certain functions.

Its sad to see how these vendors misuse this please read this where I have shared my thoughts

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-crossing.html
Old 13th November 2006, 20:08   #15
BHPian

American Express takes the Cabs and Drivers very seriously, The numbers are always displayed and the GCCR(Transport Admin) answers ASAP since that line is the same what employees call on for Transport..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks