Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2017, 14:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do company-owned & company-operated pumps charge more for fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
I had asked for normal diesel. The fuel was filled from the normal diesel pump as well. I haven't noticed the hi speed diesel prices in a while, but they are ~2 rupees higher.

The HP website quotes 64.88/ltr of diesel with the inevitable '*' saying that prices may vary across outlets.

Have filed a grievance on pgportal already. Awaiting to hear back from them.
There is only one variant of diesel sold in Bombay, it is BS4 HSD. Please keep following up with HP and PGPortal. HP has to reverse these charges. They are not allowed to charge more for COCO pumps irrespective of what they might say on their helpline and website.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 14:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
In BLR there is 20 paisa difference between BS3 and BS4 fuel being sold (Petrol), which i came to know off. BS4 only is to be sold withing central city limits is the rule, is this something similar?
Am not aware if two different types of same fuel being sold in Bombay, also have usually never seen price variation across pumps in Bombay. Went to quite a few of them while I was trying to isolate the average issue on my Swift VDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
There is only one variant of diesel sold in Bombay, it is BS4 HSD. Please keep following up with HP and PGPortal. HP has to reverse these charges. They are not allowed to charge more for COCO pumps irrespective of what they might say on their helpline and website.
PG portal usually takes 10-15 days to revert on such queries, will wait and watch. Also, still waiting for HP folks to come back with updates.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 14:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

I was told that prices vary even among petrol pumps in the same state due to the cost of transportation - prices are less near ports, and get higher as you progressively move away

not sure about the veracity of this ?
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 15:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I was told that prices vary even among petrol pumps in the same state due to the cost of transportation - prices are less near ports, and get higher as you progressively move away

This is incorrect.

Prices in the same state vary based on local municipal levies, not based on the distance from the port. Going by that logic, Mumbai should be the cheapest, since the crude from Bombay High comes here, the refineries are here, but that's not the case.

Within a particular city's municipal limits (e: Bombay), the cost of fuel has to be the same across all pumps of that particular Oil marketing company. Slight variation could be there between IOC, HPCL, BPCL, etc..., but No variation is allowed for COCO pumps and/or private dealers.
Old 15th March 2017, 17:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Logically yes, but a) the refineries are spread all over, b) states imposes a lot of taxes on the fuel.

Goa for example has cheap fuel, both petrol and diesel cost largely the same ~55-57/ltr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Prices in the same state vary based on local municipal levies, not based on the distance from the port.
The taxation exists at all levels starting from excise, central taxes, octroi, state taxes, municipal taxes, road cess, education cess, swachh bharat cess, krishi kalyan cess, drought tax, et al.
Old 15th March 2017, 18:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:

I agree with you on this to an extent. Even within the same city/district the price may vary nominally.

Speaking about dealers and not COCOs, the variations in selling price could be due to factors such as
  • Cost of transportation from terminal/depots
  • Usage of own or oil companies tankers
Old 23rd March 2017, 00:34   #22

Please share if any update for the grievance you filed.
pm25264 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 22:29   #23

Does anyone knows which are Company owned Company operated Petrol pumps in Thane which also sells Premium diesel
Old 10th August 2018, 13:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateen View Post
Does anyone knows which are Company owned Company operated Petrol pumps in Thane which also sells Premium diesel
This list may help. Somehow the company website doesn't list the COCO pumps (dealer pressure maybe?). I fortunately have 2 COCO pumps near my workplace in BKC. So tend to fill up there.

However, a never-solved mystery is that despite getting fuel from COCO pumps in city, the average on MID never matches the tankful to tankful value (lower by a consistent ~10%), while on highways the average on MID is more by 2-5%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm25264 View Post
Please share if any update for the grievance you filed.
Apologies for the late update. The PG portal simply redirected the query to HP, and some 10 days later a lackey sent a one liner reply that the company is free to price as is pleases. Complaint closed!

Also, given the daily pricing regime, such questions have become irrelevant. anybody notice the diesel price creeping past Rs.72/- in Bombay?

Last edited by varunsangal : 10th August 2018 at 13:39. Reason: Replying to another post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks