Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 18:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature

Online payment and e-commerce platform - Paytm has introduced a new service through which users can make traffic challan payments. This service is currently available only in three cities - Mumbai, Pune and Vijayawada. More cities are expected to be added to the said list in the near future.

Users willing to use the new service will need to open the Paytm app or website and select the 'Traffic Challan' tab. It will then prompt the user to enter vehicle registration number and select the payment method (debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.).

Once the payment is made, customers will get a digital invoice for the same. Meanwhile, the surrender document(s), if any, will be sent by the transport department to the registered address through the region's postal service.

Source: Car and Bike

Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature-capture.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 10:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature

Apart from added convenience, I don't think this will help in eliminating corruption by any means as long as cash challan system co-exists.

It's high time government should consider scrapping cash reciepts.
'Jan Dhan Yojana' already have good penetration and we have many payment banks/wallets also there in business. This makes having no bank account not a valid excuse for not going cashless.
Old 8th June 2017, 13:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Okay, I had a challan due, and this darn PayTM app is hanging by a thread on my phone, since it continuously sends me offers as notifications despite the 'push notifications' setting clearly being OFF in the app.

So I figured I'd test it out:

Once you enter your car number, it pulls up a list of challans you can checkbox select. (Only 1 in this case).
Do also note the "Fast Forward" option, which i guess is like an auto-payment:
Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature-screenshot_20170608132413.png

Of course, PayTM doesn't miss an opportunity to show you some deals, on this useless interstitial screen:
Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature-screenshot_20170608132437.png

The usual payment options:
Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature-screenshot_20170608132450.png

Takes a few seconds for the payment to process:
Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature-screenshot_20170608132500.png

Success:
Paytm introduces traffic challan payment feature-screenshot_20170608132508.png

For a detailed look at the whole e-challan system : related thread

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th June 2017 at 13:45.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 14:22   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Of course, PayTM doesn't miss an opportunity to show you some deals, on this useless interstitial screen:
There is an option to enter promo code as well.
Hopefully we might be able to see promo codes like 'TRAFFIC50' soon on Paytm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

The usual payment options:
It seems payer does not have to bear charges associated with MDR( No extra charges apart from fine amount). Usually government offices are very strict with their no MDR policy. May be Paytm is taking a hit on its own P/L for this.
WhiteFang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 14:44   #5
BHPian

This could be a very efficient way to reduce corruption if people start insisting on paying online instead of cash/bribe. However, I do see an issue with this:

1. How reliable is the whole "Transport department will send your documents through postal service" thing? It is way too easy for transport department to wash off their hands if the documents went missing and getting a new document like a license or an RC is a task in itself. Unless this is made reliable the whole thing could be rendered useless.

Still kudos to Paytm to start an initiative like this.

Last edited by IN07KL0484 : 8th June 2017 at 14:52.
Old 17th October 2023, 14:36   #6
BHPian

Did anyone pay traffic fines via Paytm Recently? I have got a challan and the offense date is 14th July 2023 and the challan created date is 14th September 2023!

I am getting an error while trying to pay the fine amount via Paytm. Error says platform is not accepting any fines!

Tried paying fine through Karnataka One and it is not going to home page despite choosing how to pay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks