Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2018, 13:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

IOC launches diesel home delivery service in Pune

IOC launches diesel home delivery service in Pune

Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has launched a new fuel delivery service in Pune. A mobile dispenser will deliver diesel to your doorstep and it has been reported that the company is likely to take a decision on starting a similar home delivery service of petrol later.

IOC launches diesel home delivery service in Pune-ioc.jpg

According to Sanjiv Singh, IOC Chairman and Managing Director, the service will initially offer home delivery of diesel, since it is easier to handle on a mobile dispenser. Meanwhile, proposals for a similar petrol delivery service have been submitted to the Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) - the licensing authority. IOC is also evaluating different modes of distribution for the safe delivery of fuel.

In April 2017, Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan had stated that the government was exploring options for doorstep delivery of petroleum products to consumers with an aim to reduce queues at fuel stations.

A Bangalore start-up called MyPetrolPump had started a similar service however it was suspended within days of its launch after PESO blocked delivery of fuel to the company sighting safety concerns.

Source: The Economic Times

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 13:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Oil Ministry: To beat lines at Petrol Pumps, home delivery being considered

I really do not see the point of this unless you are a fleet operator sending taxis 10 at a time to block up a petrol pump. Happens most mornings
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 13:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks so pointless. I can't imagine where a truck like this will park in a crowded city like Mumbai while refuelling, these things have more headache associated with it than actually advantages.

These guys are trying to solve a problem that does not exist.
humyum is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 13:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I really do not see the point of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Looks so pointless. These guys are trying to solve a problem that does not exist.
I think customers are large residential, commercial and industrial complexes that use diesel generators for power backup.
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 09:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: IOC launches diesel home delivery service in Pune

Mod Note : IOC launches diesel home delivery service in Pune - posts moved to a new thread.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:12   #6
BHPian

This is how a fuel delivery vehicle should be . IOC launches diesel home delivery service in Pune-redbullcar.jpg

And that is when they would be more agile in home delivery .

Who knows , pretty soon , paytm will start selling petrol and delivery , which will be delivered by eKart logistics or Amazon Delivery .
Old 26th March 2018, 16:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

They can target big apartment complexes where residents will be more than happy to get their cars refueled inside the apartment premises. There is a very good chance that it will be a hit with the residents if they plan and regularize the schedule
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 17:34   #8
BHPian

Our apartment complex has been using the mypetrolpump.com diesel delivery for sometime now, for our DG sets.

Very efficient and ease of payment through credit card with POS terminals carried by them. No spillage or pilferage. Some of our residents also use it for personal vehicles.

Their vehicles are are Isuzu or Bolero, fitted with the tank. This is much easier to maneuver in narrow roads and apartment porches. The IOC truck is at a disadvantage here.

Another major customer I see are the school buses. They can refuel at one go standing inside their campuses.

I think those corporate fleet (mini buses) can be their good target.
fordday is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 15:38   #9
BHPian

While this might benefit fleet owners/DG owners, I am yet to see how it will benefit the common car owner. It is important that they find a way to tap into individual car owners, as that is where they can earn in volumes.

The only way I see it being beneficial to me is if they are able to find a way to refuel my car while I am in office. I would personally love it if I could book a refill at my office, and if these guys come in, do the refuelling, and by the time I wrap up and get to my car, it is ready with a full tank

Of course, there are many nitty gritties to this - how will they get access to the fuel lid without the keys, safety, mobility in underground parkings, etc.
Old 27th March 2018, 16:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

As a consumer, how do I order doorstep delivery for diesel ? Is there an App or a number that we need to call ?
Or do we just need to flag down a passing tanker (like we hail an auto) and ask for some diesel ?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks