Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 18:27   #16
BHPian

Re: The Cake Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I am aware this thread is going off-topic and most probably this post will be deleted, but got to say your logic of omitting zeros is not acceptable. How would anyone know if the number is TN01A or TN10A?
I dont think it is problem in Kerala. I fondly remember my uncle's yamaha starting with KL2B, instead of KL02B long time back. Also I have seen hundreds of plates with numbers split into two to resemble words like K155, B055, AK47, CR7 etc. From what I know, only certain fonts are an issue in Kerala.
Old 31st July 2020, 18:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cake Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilonSpitfire View Post
From what I know, only certain fonts are an issue in Kerala.
No sir, the number should be 4 digit. Since the time when "Vahan" registry came into existence, it is mandated to have 4 digits and not void the prepending zeros.

A related news here: https://english.mathrubhumi.com/mone...more-1.3283426

Just in the interest of clarifying this.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 23:49   #18
BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

Yes, these plates are not according to the government mandate. But the whole reason behind that was to bring in the heritage feel associated with this vehicle and not to fake anything. I would not comment on that topic as i have personally flouted rules - driven at least 1 kmph over mandated speed limit either within city limits or in the highway, jumped red lights during mid night drives when no policemen was around, etc, etc. Father son duo is known to register all of their brand new vehicles (there were very few exceptions long back) either in TN / KL by paying exorbitant taxes unlike many other supercar owners. So they are clearly not in any mood to go around the law.

We very well know money does not bring in class and this collection is truly one of the best in the country. I think whole point of this thread is to appreciate the collection as we all have a common interest.
vj123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks