Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2018, 22:32   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Uber driver hits my parked car - Is Uber responsible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab1987 View Post
...the UBER sign is prominently visible...

Now I'd like to know your opinion if UBER is accountable in any way ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Say, I hire a tempo to ship out Team-BHP stickers. If the tempo hits your car, will you come after me?
Allied hypothetical situation: Car bearing Team-BHP sticker hits and damages my car. Is Team-BHP accountable in any way? Can GTO help me find the specific car and driver bearing the sticker, even though my CCTV could not pick up the number? I don't think this even needs an answer.
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 09:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Say, I hire a tempo to ship out Team-BHP stickers. If the tempo hits your car, will you come after me?

Just file your insurance claim & move on. That said, you must inform Uber about this incident too. They maintain internal records on their drivers & frequent complaints lead to a ban on the driver.
Agree Uber is not responsible, just like GTO won't be.
However, since Uber brand is involved, I think it is in their interests as well to help. Uber tracks all vehicles in real time. If the accident date, time and location is shared with them, it would be an easy task to identify which vehicle was involved. This should help in the insurance process.
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 09:49   #18
BHPian

If legally pursued, Uber is a witness to this case.
They can definitely identify the driver with the help of GPS coordinates of your parking lot and the time of the incident.

In this case, Uber can reveal the identify only through an official enquiry and will not respond to an email query.

My suggestion is, just record the incident, report it to Uber with details, video clip and move on.
T1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 17:40   #19

Quote from Uber T&C published on their website:
"UBER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, PERSONAL INJURY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE NEGLIGENCE (EITHER ACTIVE, AFFIRMATIVE, SOLE, OR CONCURRENT) OF UBER, EVEN IF UBER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES."

It is clear, even if the cab was being driven for Uber at the time if incident, they wouldn't be legally liable. Liability lies with the driver/owner of the car.
As suggested by other BHPians, update Uber with the incident and get your insurance to cover for the damage.
LiveToTravel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks