Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2019, 13:01   #16
ike
BHPian

Re: Self-drive rentals in Kerala

I used Indusgo over the weekend in Thrissur. The booking was seamless through their call centre. I was asked to upload a copy of my DL on their portal and also carry the original for verification at the time of taking delivery. IThe car was a Honda City automatic, had booked it from 07:00hrs on Saturday till 17:00 hrs on Sunday. I had opted for "with fuel" which means they bear the fuel costs, and extra Kilometres would be charged at INR14/KM. The delivery was good, I had opted to take it from their yard near punkunnam in Thrissur. The staff was waiting and after a quick inspection of the car and documentation (which involves them taking copies of the DL and one other ID), I was off. The return too was seamless and the personnel who took the car back from me on Sunday was courteous enough to drop me at the nearest bus stop.

The agreed KM for the period was 170KM, I overshot it by 85KM and ended up driving 225KMs. The car was almost new with just 6k on the odo but the seats had some stains. The only problem I had with them was that post return of the car while processing the refund, they charged me INR 16/KM instead of 14/KM that was agreed over email. I have highlighted this to their support team and they said they will get back to me after checking the call recordings while in written communication it is clearly mentioned that charges are INR14/KM.
While the overall experience was quite OK, the car was a little dusty on the inside and the customer support team does not always respond to emails without follow ups.
Attached Thumbnails
Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190608_163057.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190608_083615.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190608_103347.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190609_152933.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190608_163036.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190609_152959.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190609_153104.jpg  

Last edited by ike : 16th June 2019 at 13:03.
ike is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 13:37   #17

First post on Team-bhp after being an avid reader for almost 8 years, might as well make it something useful.

Had booked a swift automatic through indusgo for a week during Eid holidays. The pick-up and drop off location was the Calicut airport, both past midnight. The entire process was hassleefree and seamless. Had paid the amount, deposit and the delivery charges beforehand itself.

The car was in mint condition, having run only about 6.5k KM's. There were a couple of scratches which were noted before the delivery.

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_0187.jpg

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_0194.jpg

Couple of things to be noted; had quite a number of stares whilst driving through malappuram, attributed largely to the KL-07 number plate that too with the yellow/black colour combination. Not many people are aware about the service, I guess.

I was stopped on the NH by a cop and was asked to present all the documents. It was evident from the interaction that he knew it was a rental. He glanced over the documents and straight up asked me to contact the company and pay a fine since the pollution certificate wasnt there. I told him it was a brand new car, thus it doesnt need one. He let me go soon after. The whole thing took about 2 minutes.
So, make sure you have all the documents pertaining to the car while picking it up.
arzanali is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 23:16   #18
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzanali View Post
I was stopped on the NH by a cop and was asked to present all the documents. It was evident from the interaction that he knew it was a rental. He glanced over the documents and straight up asked me to contact the company and pay a fine since the pollution certificate wasnt there. I told him it was a brand new car, thus it doesnt need one. He let me go soon after. The whole thing took about 2 minutes.
So, make sure you have all the documents pertaining to the car while picking it up.
They specifically told me during pick up that pollution certificate is not needed since the car is new, all other documents were in order.
I'm still waiting for them to respond to my emails regarding the refund of my deposit. The deposit was refunded in 5 working days as they had committed but they refunded 170 bucks less. Though the amount is not material, I have been following up and have not received a proper response from them yet despite repeated follow ups.

By the way, there's a dedicated thread for indusgo, and if the last few posts could be moved there, it might help people looking for Indusgo reviews.

Last edited by ike : 22nd June 2019 at 23:18. Reason: Additional info
Old 23rd June 2019, 00:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Happened to see a few 2 wheelers(including Honda Activas and RE Thunderbirds) with Black and Yellow plates, at a wheel alignment center in Calicut. Anyone from Calicut know if there's any new service that deals with rental 2 wheelers?
Yes, I believe there is a new player in the market based out of Kochi. My cousin spoke to me about it briefly but I cant remember the name of the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
The deposit was refunded in 5 working days as they had committed but they refunded 170 bucks less. Though the amount is not material, I have been following up and have not received a proper response from them yet despite repeated follow ups.
I dont think they will do anything about it. If 170 rs is 'not material' for you, imagine the same amount for a company that has revenue in thousands of rupees everyday. This is just how it works, unfortunately.
Old 28th July 2019, 21:26   #20
BHPian

Re: Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala

Came to know of Indus Go on Team BHP.

So, when I had to make a work related - 4 day - trip to Kerala, I decided to give it a try. Usually I drive to Kerala myself in my 2014 Linea T-Jet, but logistics didn't permit it this time.

It was a pleasant experience with Indus Go, overall.

The booking was easy and efficient.

A Customer Care staff (Mr. Edwin) called me promptly after I made an online application.

I was thinking of renting a Swift, but I had noticed Maruti Suzuki S-Cross listed among the vehicles available. I enquired whether it was the 1.4 or 1.6 Version and - to my surprise - was told that it was a 2018 make 1.6 version. He was not able to tell me the odo reading at the time of booking (I made the booking 20 days before the trip). I promptly chose the S-cross 1.6; didn't want to miss a chance to try my hands on one!

I needed the car for 4 days. The booking charge was ₹9790/- for 4 days and 490kms.
Paid additional ₹5000 as advance.

The car reached the pick up area at the arrival terminal at the time I had specified (1pm). The formalities were completed in less than 10 minutes and I set off.

The car was the S-Cross Alpha version (Keyless entry, Automatic wipers & headlights, android auto, cruise control etc were there - all these, except keyless entry and android auto are there in my T Jet). More importantly, the car was well maintained and in great shape; it had 42000kms on the Odo. The tyres were good, the interiors were clean, no rattles at all and even the exterior had very few scratches. All the paperwork - insurance, RC, pollution certificate - were in order. The spare tyre was in good shape & had good air pressure. The wiper, lights, horn etc were all working fine.

I travelled to Kottayam, Alappuzha, Vazhoor (Near Kottayam), Perumbavoor & Aluva and did only 430kms (as planned) from 1pm on Wednesday to 3pm on Sunday (it was a work related trip).

Needless to say, it was a joy driving the S-Cross 1.6. The car drove well, with you feeling well engaged with the car, overtaking manouvers were effortless and quickly executed, driving in traffic was also very comfortable. It had prominent torque steer. The car was more agile than my 2014 Linea T Jet. It was evident that it can be a 'speed rocket' on the highway, but I didn't try it.

The android auto worked only in patches and I abandoned efforts to use it (for navigation) after the first day. The mobile will get disconnected after about 10-15 minutes and will have to be re-connected, only to freeze after a few minutes. Anyway it was not something I had expected to find in the car, so no complaints there.

I returned the car near the cochin airport at the pre-specified time (3pm). The handing over formalities were completed quickly. The advance (₹5000) was returned in cash by the person (Mr Jibin) who received the car (he had also brought the car). He dropped me off at the departure terminal.

The experience with Indus Go was very good and, obviously, the experience driving the S Cross was even better! It is a pity the car is no longer being sold by Maruti (not that I would've bought it).

Indus Go seems to be doing a good job. The car fleet also seems new. Hope the good service and well maintained vehicles will continue in future too.
Attached Thumbnails
Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-_20190728_205841.jpg  

sparameswaran is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 17:07   #21
BHPian

i used IndusGO's service from cochin international airport when i had to make a sudden trip to kerala in May,2019. earlier I used to take rental cars regulary from another guy (unauthorised rent-a-car service) for the past 3 years and I was very happy with the services and vehicles that he offered. but this time being last minute, he was unable to make an arrangement for me and asked me to opt for zoomcar or indusGO. Since I have had not so satisfying experiences with zoomcar in the past, I looked up IndusGO and was pretty amazed by the fleet that they were offering.
I made a booking for Swift Petrol AMT and left from Bhopal. I got a call from their representative while I was waiting for my next flight at Mumbai and they gave me the number of the person who would be delivering the car at cochin airport. i called up the number and he confirmed that he wouldbe delivering the car and asked me to give him a call after I land at Cochin .
The car was in a spotless state and was promptly delivered on arrival. The person who came for delivery ( Jibin ) was very helpful and professional.The delivery process was quick and I was out on the road with the car in less than 15 minutes. It was a brand new car with about 4700kms on the odo and the drive was pretty smooth. Since i never excedeed 80KMPH ( speed cameras ) i got a pretty good fuel economy too.

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-whatsapp-image-20190729-17.05.40.jpeg
the return was after 8 days and was at 2:30 am. Jibin was ready and availiable on time for the pickup aswell . The return also took less than 10 minutes and I was told that I will be getting some refund for the excess fuel. I had not driven any extra kilometers, so no charge for it.

Overall a very professional and impressive service. I have already recommended the service to a lot of people and about 4 people i know have went ahead and used the service and are equallyimpressed by it.
Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-screenshot-20190729-4.49.18-pm.png
lone_driver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:06   #22
BHPian

Was in Kerala on a personal trip this weekend with the family. Had a very very positive experience with Indus Go.

This was a small family mini-vacation to Kochi and Kumarakom planned a month and a half in advance. Taxi fares for airport pick up and drop, and sightseeing was ridiculously expensive and given that now both my father and I are comfortable driving long-ish distances, we decided to opt for a self-drive rental car. Seeing all the positive reviews of Indus Go on Team-bhp, we picked Indus Go over Revv and Zoomcar despite their pricing being slightly higher.

We are a family of three and we were traveling with a fair bit of luggage. So I booked a Swift Dzire Vxi Petrol AMT a month in advance. Two weeks before the trip I logged in to my Indus Go account to check my DL verification status and found that the car had been changed to a Baleno Delta CVT. I was a little surprised that this change was made without informing me.

I called up their customer support to ask why this change had been made without letting me know, and Mr. Gladston from their support team sensing my disappointment proactively upgraded my booking to a Vitara Brezza AMT.

The airport pickup was extremely smooth. Their fleet executive, Mr. Salih called me up as soon as my flight landed at the Kochi airport and asked me to wait at a particular pillar number. He was there in a matter of minutes with the car and a short checklist. I took photographs of the scratches on the car. The executive verified both sets of documents belonging to me and my father since we both intended to drive and then we were good to go.

Coming to the car itself, it was a 6-month old Vitara Brezza VDI AMT with 14K kilometers. The interiors and exteriors were spotlessly clean. The car had very few, minor scratches. The tyres were in perfect condition, mechanically the car was as good as new. Apart from the quirks of the AMT gearbox, the car was a pleasure to drive.

Towards the end of the trip, an hour and a half before the return time I received a call from Mr. Salih asking if I'd be dropping it off at the airport at the promised time and requested me to call him 20 minutes before I reached the departure terminal.

At the promised drop-off time, Mr. Salih was waiting at the departure terminal. With a quick check for any new dents/scratches and a signature on the checklist, we were all done. I shortly received an email from Indus Go with an invoice. No deductions and no refunds were made. All in all a very positive experience. Highly recommend Indus Go to anyone looking for a self-drive rental option in Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190920_072206.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190921_131321.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190921_131332.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190921_131346.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190921_131404.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20190921_134511.jpg  

TejasKinger is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 08:49   #23

I had rented Indusgo during my September visit to Cochin and Kottayam. Took delivery from Cochin airport at 1030 in the night, the handover was very easy and ontime. Car was brand new and very good condition. Drove around 2 days in Cochin and Kottayam, returned on Second day again at night 1030. Friendly rep came in time and checked everything and uploaded documents immediately and I got an SMS and email that the trip is closed, overall very pleasing experience. There was a refund as I filled more petrol which was returned to card account after few days as mentioned.

Tips: Mileage of WagonR Auto was so good that I misjudged amount of fuel to fill and pumped in more. My advice would be to fill petrol is small quantity (like 5/ 10 liters depending on vehicle) and check consumption at the beginning of the ride itself, so that you dont fill more. They issue some refund for excess fuel filled, however it is not commensurate with amount to pay to buy for fuel.

Highly recommended for self drive in Kerala ...
vfmanuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:20   #24

I had rented a Ertiga Automatic from Indusgo from 27th to 30th October 2019. Did the booking though phone and paid the full amount as Online Payment in advane against their E-mailed link. Great thing was no security amount was asked. Only a Drivers license was uploaded.
Car was picked up at Palakkkad railway Station and returned back at Thrissur Railway Station. Car delivery was smooth and same is the case with pickup.

The car itself had run around 6600km and was very clean and neat. The drive quality was excellent ( First time driving a Maruti Suzuki Vehicle) and the vehicle performed great.

Great experience and will use Indus go everytime I visit kerala. Hope their service levels and car quality remains like this.

As of now I would rate them on top of the business and reccomend anyone looking for a self drive car in kerala.
cskbh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 10:34   #25
BHPian

I am using Indusgo for almost an year. Have taken around six cars. So far the experience is good. I moved away from zoomcar mainly because the cars were not maintained well. Indusgo fleet is relatively new.

Now they give cars without any security deposit. They also have sensors for the fuel tank. That’s helpful in settling the additional fuel cost.

One advice is that we should take photos to cover the complete car body. This will help to clarify any questions with respect to the scratches which they might have missed mentioning in the document.

Overall my experience is positive so far.
bijujj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 09:24   #26
BHPian

Rented a car for the second time from Indus Go, and once again it was a positive experience.
This time it was from Indus Go in Chennai. I opted to pick up and return the car from their yard in Velachery. The location is just off the main road and it is quite easy to locate the cars unlike Zoomcar and their parking lots.
The car was a 6-month old Maruti Celerio VXi Manual. With just about 20,000 kilometers in the odo, it drove well. Had quite a few dents and scratches though, but I guess that is expected from a rental.
In all, I would rent from Indus Go again.
Attached Thumbnails
Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20200301_071628.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20200301_081550.jpg  

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_20200301_081607.jpg  

TejasKinger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 18:58   #27
BHPian

Lease Period : 22/10/2020 18:15 - 27/10/2020 10:40

I completed a trip with Indus Go today. Had an emergency 5 day Kerala trip with the family (Parents and my brother) and we didn't want to come in direct contact with my grandma's driver or have to sanitise her car after picking us up from the airport.

Was tempted to go for the S-Cross 1.6 but picked the City CVT as I figured it would have run less (Kerala loves it's diesels). And I was right, it had only run 36060 kms.

Car was clean on the outside and other than a badly stained armrest and dull door pads (both beige), so was the interior. The dark grey vinyl seat covers and 3D mats they added really help matters here (Are they monitoring Team-BHP (BHPian Ike's feedback)? . They maintain that they sanitise the car before pickup (Piano black gives away that it's been wiped clean) but we sprayed it down before we got in anyway. Noticed that the car had the rear left door, fender and bootlid resprayed, with the latter slightly misaligned. Some cracks in the taillamp and the front fog lamp garnish missing. Mechanically and electrically perfect though, drives as smooth as Hondas should. Heck, even had brand new OEM Bridgestone Ecopia tyres (Unheard of in rental cars)!

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_7672.jpg
Front

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-s_220429_back.jpeg
Rear. Took this one out of the trip start email since I hadn't taken more than the one photo. Shows that they washed the car just before it left for the airport. I'm impressed.

Noticed the ride was a little harsh at low speeds. Realised it was the air pressure being too high (39 PSI instead of the recommended 32F/30R) during the first fuel stop after pickup. I insist you recheck air pressure, regardless of who you're leasing from. Also, I now understand why people complain about CVTs
(Spoilt by the DSGs and ZF8HPs of the world). Sluggish pickup on highways but one learns how to work in unison after a drive or two.

We covered a total of 413 kms, mostly Cochin-Thrissur trips, averaging 15 kmpl as per the trip meter. If asked, they will recharge the FasTag and it helped us pass through without having to lower windows and exchange money etc. Even saved us at least 40 minutes on one night.

Mail replies may be a little slow and I'd suggest calling customer service directly if you have any doubts, they were quite responsive. Jibin was great, very proactive, both during pickup and drop at Cochin Airport. Car was delivered earlier than requested and returned 8 hours early too, without any hassle. Great to see he still works with them.

Total Damage : INR 12,918/-
  • Lease Charge : INR 10,360 (Out of which INR 750/- is the pickup-drop charge).
  • FasTag Charges : INR 260
  • Fuel : INR 2,298 (Including a refund of INR 360/-, which is yet to be processed)

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-screenshot-20201027-18.06.37.png

Rentals, especially when travelling with parents, can prove to be tricky but this was a really positive experience and I'd definitely recommend them, even during the pandemic. They've really shown startups how prior experience in the automobile sales & maintenance industry makes a difference. No, I have not bought a car from Indus and I'm not related to them in any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp19 View Post
Seems to be a good initiative, but with a higher security deposit and lesser free km per day, would it work out for the company?

How is the insurance coverage (i.e. inclusions, exclusions etc.) and is the onus of responsibility on the customer?
Security deposit is waived if you preauthorise your credit card, which I believe is similar to other players. Regarding free kilometres, the rate offered was way less than Revv and Zoomcar for approximately the same range (Almost INR 7-8k difference without fuel!) and the Rs. 7/extra km charge is quite reasonable. It is a steal!

You are liable for a maximum amount of Rs. 10,000/- in case of an accident, regardless of who caused it. Repairs would be handled by the company itself. Not sure of any legal charges in case someone is killed by lessee and I've not paid attention to any clauses on this with other providers.

Last edited by saur95 : 27th October 2020 at 19:23. Reason: Answering a query from BHPian mpp19
saur95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 17:12   #28
BHPian

I rented a Swift VXi for 3 days. Opted for home delivery as i didn't had any vehicle at home and preferred not to take a taxi/uber to pickup the car.

Home delivery was 600 rs extra. I was struggling to go out post quarantine at home, then my brother recommended this service. So went ahead and booked. The car had clean interiors, but externally had scratches all over the body. They took pics of the car and uploaded into their site for reference.I also took pictures from all angles to be on safe side.I sanitised the car by myself (door handles, steering wheel, controls, gear lever, seat belts, dash and seats) using sanitiser sprays and wipes

They delivered the car on time and return also was on time. car was delivered with almost empty tank with fuel light blinking. While return, they calculated the cost of extra fuel filled in and it will be reimbursed to my card.
There was a limit of 310 kms, though i used it only for 120 kms in 3 days. Most of my driving was in city. Another interesting one was speeding fine of 1500 rs if car goes beyond 100 kph, they said they have GPS tracker and will be monitoring speeds. Since i was driving inside city, didn't even go beyond 80 kph

Overall the experience was smooth and very customer friendly.Happy to see such services provided in Trivandrum which on par with international rental services i had used while travelling abroad.

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-whatsapp-image-20201124-2.26.01-pm.jpeg
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:09   #29
ike
BHPian

Their App now shows only Chennai, Kochi, Trivandrum & Calicut as pick up options. I still see activity and cars in their Thrissur office though. It is unfortunate that they don't offer services in Thrissur anymore. They had called me saying they will deliver cars from Cochin to Thrissur in case the rental tenure is at least a week.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 18:10   #30
BHPian

We were in Kochi this week on vacation. I checked with Zoomcar and Revv for self drive cars on rent. My main requirement was for automatic. Neither of these companies gave me much choice. IndusGo came up in internet search but I was not sure about the reliability of their service. Checked with a friend in Kerala who was aware of Indus as a popular car dealer there, but was not aware of their car rental business.

IndusGo has a wide variety of cars on rent. Even in automatic, they have Celerio, Swift, Wagon R, Ertiga, City, XUV500 and few other cars. I booked a Swift AMT. Booking experience was surprisingly pleasant. The moment I entered my phone number, I immediately got a call from them. I could have completed the booking on their website itself. But anyway, call from them helped in getting by apprehensions addressed. Took all my requirements and listed down the available options. Payment processing, confirmation emails/sms etc are all very well automated.

Once I landed in Kochi, I realized I was 1 hr early. I called them to inform the same and they immediately got the driver to contact me. We were picked up at the airport and then parked just outside the airport main entry, to finish the formalities.

The car I got had some around 50k kms. Exteriors and interiors are well maintained. No noise or other issues during the drive. Steering was stiff, but I guess there will be those minor niggles in such rental cars.

Returning the car was the same process. They proactively called me to confirm my drop off time. Their driver was present just outside the airport. Finished the formalities and he dropped us at the departure terminal.

They refunded the security deposit of Rs 5,000 back to my UPI within couple of hours.

Really happy with the whole experience with them. Very professional team. Proactive, eager to help and accommodate changes even at last minute.

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_1810.jpg

Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala-img_1808.jpg
vkivaturi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks