Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2018, 09:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

CNG station network expanding in Bangalore

Spotted this Auto today morning, my wife booked an Ola Auto and was surprised to see a CNG sticker on his Auto rickshaw. He has converted his auto to CNG and fills it at a Fuel station near Reliance outlet in Sunkadakatte. Mods please move this to an appropriate thread, will get more information from the mentioned CNG filling station. I found a list of CNG stations operating around Magadi Road via google, one of them is very close to my house.

https://www.google.co.in/search?rlz=...334525623!5i11
Attached Thumbnails
CNG station network expanding in Bangalore-cng-auto.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 26th November 2018 at 09:55.
deehunk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 17:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: CNG station network expanding in Bangalore

Thanks for sharing, Deehunk! Moving your post to a new thread.
Old 26th November 2018, 19:03   #3
BHPian

I am surprised Bangalore is such a late adapter of 'good' things - metro rail, CNG, rent and real estate reforms, etc.

These days, with all the advancements in the catalytic converters and fuel quality, I am not sure there is much of a difference between all these fuels. May have to read up on it to learn more though.

I issue I have seen with CNGs (in Delhi) is that the cabs are rather under-powered. When the Delhi summer temperatures hit you the most, waiting in traffic in cabs powered by some of these CNGs, the cooling of the AC seemed very far from a desired comfort level. Hopefully the situation will not be as dramatic in Bangalore.
Old 27th November 2018, 00:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore had LPG autos since past 15 years or so, though earlier there used to be complaints of LPG shortage once in a while, I haven't heard about the same recently. Also, there are few new LPG bunks which had opened recently.

Wonder why in that case CNG is used in auto.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 06:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore has decent number of LPG stations, but the cost of LPG has increased from Rs.40 to Rs.53 recently. The Auto driver I mentioned is getting a mileage of around 35km/kg compared to 19km/L on LPG. The cost of CNG is almost same as LPG. I am only surprised at the concentration of CNG stations around our area.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 09:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Today, I spotted a white Wagon-R CNG vehicle with MH01 registration number near St. Joseph's school at 7:20am. It may be a Uber cab because there was Uber stickers all around the vehicle. I could not get a photo of the vehicle.
Old 26th July 2019, 13:31   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

As the title mentions, we can expect more CNG stations. I found one bunk being prepared for CNG - the Indian Oil bunk at Banashankari signal. The tanks and pumps are installed, but they are waiting for the pipelines to reach the bunk.

Btw, this is a govt operated unit, run by Karnataka Food & Civil Supplies. For those who pass by this junction, the quality of fuel has been good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks