Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 18:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Gozo launches ride sharing for intercity taxis

Gozo has launched ride sharing for intercity taxis. Gozo Share will enable travelers to share taxi rides while travelling from one city to another. The service will be available at an inaugural price of Rs. 1 per seat for a limited time period.

Gozo launches ride sharing for intercity taxis-gozo.jpg

Users can book a share cab via the Gozo app, website or by phone. Customers can choose from hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs and luxury vehicles. All cabs come equipped with the latest safety features and have air-conditioning as well as a music system. Payments can be made via cash, digital wallets like PayTM, Mobikwik, debit/credit cards and pay-later platforms like LazyPay and ePayLater.

According to the company, the platform would ensure high occupancy across all routes. Using the app, drivers can also get information about demand in specific areas.

Currently, Gozo Share has been launched on select routes which include Mumbai to Pune, Delhi to Agra, Bangalore to Mysore and Delhi to Jaipur. The company plans to roll out the service in all major cities across India by the end of this year.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 10:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Gozo launches ride sharing for intercity taxis

An idea whose time has come. I know many people who share rides on Uber & Ola because of how cheap it is. The tech also makes it convenient & mostly hassle-free. "Did you know" point = Even if Ola runs share at a loss, it doesn't care as "share" helps them have more cabs on the road (higher usage). Someone from the industry told me that those of us who ride alone subsidise the rates for the sharing folks.

Even when it comes to intercity, thanks to passenger & driver ratings, I think the idea will work. Mumbai-Pune for cheap? It's coming.

I wish Gozo the best, but if & when Uber & Ola enter this intercity sharing business, they'll own it.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks