Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2007, 14:03   #1
BHPian

Accident with My Swift

Hi,

Today while driving to office around 9AM on hosur road as usual. While driving from langford road jusnction on hosur road to koramangala, I got to slow down (May be from 30s to 20s) because of traffic. Suddenly I heard a big bang from back, one stupid driver had not noticed me slowing down banged my car. I took my car to left and signed him to pullover. Surprisingly this gentlemen waved his hand and contined to drive towards forum. Then I started following him and at traffic signal near MICO I got down of the car and being real angry and wanted that guy to get out of car and see what damage he has done.

So at this time, this ex-army guy working for a private security agency(I came to know later, from his ID card) got extermly wild and started push me around and really physco. He started to put all his things like money purse, ID, cell phone, watch and everything into my packet . Thank God the passerby got into action and ensured that I moved out of that place.

Later near koromangala forum he drive as though he was intended to hit my car. Our company employees the security gaurd from same company where he works. I am thinking of taking this issue with appropriate people in his company, unfortunately he may be the owner of this company.

I don't know, what to say and why the GOD created this creature on the earth .

regards,
-manju

Last edited by aah78 : 16th January 2007 at 21:49. Reason: please limit smileys to 2 per post.
Old 16th January 2007, 15:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

It really hurts when your car getting hit for no fault of yours. Unfortunately you have to deal with such idiots in our life. Hope the damage is just on your bumpers. You can get it covered under Insurance & you have to pay Rs.1500/- from your pocket (50% for plastic parts and claim fee of Rs.500/- )

Whats the car he was driving? Any damages to him?
Old 16th January 2007, 15:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

Why did the wierdo try to beat you up for?
Any updates on the same?
Old 16th January 2007, 15:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Have you noted down his vehicle number ? if so, please register a complaint with the traffic police. I assure you he will come to you.
Old 16th January 2007, 15:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Have you noted down his vehicle number ? if so, please register a complaint with the traffic police. I assure you he will come to you.
Once you file a hit and run case against him. Most probably you will be advised to claim for the damages through insurance & leave it there, since the PC dont want to take the headache of finding the details of the person with the car number that you gave it to him.

I dont think this will happen at your first visit itself. To get into this stage, you have to visit atleast 2 or 3 times as they postpone hearing you citing various reasons.

Let us assume everything works for you properly, at the best, you can get Rs.1500/- from him (i.e what you pay from your pocket). My personal opinion is not worth your time.

If you want to drag that person and make him feel for what he had done. Its up to you. But be assured there will be a lots of twist and turns & be ready to be in either of the positions
Old 16th January 2007, 16:27   #6
BHPian

I think you should take this matter to concerned authorities. I don't think that they will make this matter worse. Now a days they also co-operates with us very well.

In addition to that you should know what is his intention to create such a situation. For that you should register a case and you should claim insurance for the damage of your car.

Hope you are matter will be clear within a couple of days..

Biju
Old 16th January 2007, 16:43   #7
BHPian

We being a perfect drivers makes up only 60% and the other 40% depends on how perfect the others drive. We have to live with this probability of getting hit or otherwise.

Recently, a two wheeler guy rammed on to my rear bumper right behind the wheel and I had to replace my rear bumpers. The two wheeler driver got hit by the handle bar on to his stomach / chest (he should have been negotiating the traffic with very high speed, and me slowing down was not to his expectation and my swift got hit.
Old 16th January 2007, 18:34   #8
BHPian

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have learnt from my previou experience with cops(I had a Indica, before Swift) it is not worth spending the time at police station. Even if I get the guy, by tracking his car number, he will be fined and then he will continue.

Though I drive at quite reasonable speeds on highway (80 to 120Kmps), in city I move with traffice, without unnecessary overtaking or driving too slowly to disturb the traffic.

Some time I do feel very bad about the fact that we need to be victim of someone else mistake, but helpless(That is my feel Victim).

On Damage side, my bumper got damaged and there are some dent and scratch on the rear left arch. Looks like he didn't even attempt to break, may be he his on his cell phone or drunk

I will visit the service center this weekend and get back to you guys.

regards,
-manju
Old 16th January 2007, 19:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Why did the wierdo try to beat you up for?
Any updates on the same?
To be fair he didn't try to beat me up, but he was trying push me around to punish him, if I think it was his mistake and become psycho. It was a new maruti 800. He was in his 40-50 yrs of age.

I think he was drunk or try to show everyone that I am demanding money or if it is his first car(car was new) he was of the opinion that people will rob him in case of accident .

He is totally out of mind, saying that he hit my car as I appliad break (actually I slowed down by moving from 3rd to 2nd and my car was still in 20s, when he hit). For that matter he was behind for couple 100 or more meters. I do see my ORVM or RVM very often.

regards,
-manju
Old 16th January 2007, 21:29   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm saddened (as was President Abdul Kalam when he came down last year) at this subhuman behavior from traffickers in Bangalore. Unfortunately, while I do empathize with you on the accident, I dont think there's much you can do - apart from putting this incident with names, pics and car registration numbers in some newspapers

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th January 2007 at 11:37. Reason: No need to use full quote. Adds nothing to this reply.
Old 16th January 2007, 21:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Manju,
I suggest that you contact the firm that this guy works for. Do you have his details? As long as you have a name, i think it makes sense in trying to speak to higher officials in his firm, and letting them know about this.
Reason being, I have about many cases, where employees are warned, and sometimes given a good dose for their rash/erratic behavior on the road. Most often, higher officials call the concerned employee, and threaten to enter the incident in their record, which gives them a black mark in their service record.
Trust me, whether they are ex-army or any MLA/MP's relative, don't let these guys get away.
Old 23rd January 2007, 22:36   #12
BHPian

You should have stopped then & there. By pulling to left you are being courteous not to create a traffic jam also you are letting him flee from the scene.
Things should not move from the crime scene otherwise they loose their authenticity.
Old 24th January 2007, 03:14   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Things should not move from the crime scene otherwise they loose their authenticity.
Alright, not pulling out is not a sensible thing to do. What is the crime here? It was an unfortunate accident.
People drive so close to each other, that such incidents are bound to happen. Especially when someone is drunk like this guy. What good is it if a thousand more vehicles end up being caught in the jam? Even the cops/ambulance cannot make it to this spot.

Manju, you did the right thing by pulling out!
Old 24th January 2007, 11:23   #14
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Geez whats happening on the roads nowadays and everyone says people up north are violent.

Manju i think you did the right thing by pulling out, 'm sure that was the best defence. Next time carry a pepper spray and make sure he gets it right in the eyes and nose. if nothing else works make sure you get his car keys

Make sure you apply all your might in the office to get this guys company answer for his mistakes.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:31   #15
BHPian

Can't say about bangalore but here in north I have seen a mobile/phone number painted on these type of vehicles. It can be used in case the driver is driving rashly. I think the number belongs to the actual owners who employ these drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks