Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2007, 16:09   #16

Hi folks,

Target the cab company but attack AOL, that is what should be done. Police complaint to be lodged against the cab company and copy to the service user. Get AOL involved and hold them accountable. Being a responsible corporate citizen they bloody well have this sorted out. If that fails then go to Nasscom with the issue. Maybe that will open a debate for the industry at large. Do not step away and let it die. Cos' if we fail to act now the problem may get worse for the future. Awake and Arise :-) Lets make the roads a safer and saner place !
Old 17th January 2007, 16:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
3. Companies normally organise a 2-3 day induction programme for its employees. Cant they spare 1/2 a day for their new drivers? Explain to them the company philosophy and how to act in the event of accidents and how to behave responsibly. Companies are already paying for extra costs of having security guards accompany drivers with women passenger(s) travelling alone, why not extend that a bit and sensitise drivers towards women in general?
Good one Wheeliej.

There is nothing harm or binding doing this. Companies appoint securities through service providers & explain the Company policies to those guards who are to be posted to ensure that they understand well on grey areas as well as how to treat their employees/vendors/contract workers etc. But not following up the same with the new comers is a different story.

One other reason why these travel agencies wanted to have the company name put on visible area is to avoid wasting time explaining cops of trips during late nights.
Old 17th January 2007, 18:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Companies are already paying for extra costs of having security guards accompany drivers with women passenger(s) travelling alone, why not extend that a bit and sensitise drivers towards women in general?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwalah View Post
.... If that fails then go to Nasscom with the issue. Maybe that will open a debate for the industry at large. Do not step away and let it die. Cos' if we fail to act now the problem may get worse for the future. Awake and Arise :-) Lets make the roads a safer and saner place !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Companies appoint securities through service providers & explain the Company policies to those guards who are to be posted to ensure that they understand well on grey areas as well as how to treat their employees/vendors/contract workers etc. But not following up the same with the new comers is a different story.
The security gaurds accompanying in the cab started, i think after there was huge outcry in banglore. If such a move can be initiated by the IT companies, I am sure if a debate happens at a higher level, it is for sure some thing will be done(rather it should be done) regarding the cab drivers attitutde as well. And I am sure Team-bhp can play a vital role in highlightening this issue.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 17th January 2007 at 18:37.
Old 17th January 2007, 20:20   #19
BHPian

Revoking the licenses of the individual driver is the best and effective action i believe. I dont think that in india revoking license will ever happen. That is why people dare to put others property and lives just beneath their wheels.

One shouldnt be threatened by huge fine (either by individual or company) and cancelling license otherwise people behind wheels wont care a damn!
Old 17th January 2007, 20:59   #20
DRC
BHPian

It's not that there is not any preventive action. But we have, unfortunately passed that phase.

The education to drivers(Rather good citizens of the country ) should start at a very early age. Say from elementary schooling. If you notice, no where in our curriculam we were taught to be sensible in public places. The culture is just absent.
As I understand statet transport bus drivers and BMTC drivers are taught to drive carefully, handle the passengers and the road users with courtesy, etiquette et. al., when they join the service as drivers and conductors. but on the road, they are as bad as any other cabbie. Just because there is not any enforcement (there would not be any action for a complaint about dis-courtesy on them) now and there was not good education when they were actually learning.
Old 17th January 2007, 21:56   #21
BHPian

The root cause is "indiscipline" & "disregard" and in our country we have plenty of these across all sections. This situation is fuelled by lack of enforcement and results in lawlessness. As a nation we need a big effort to turn this situation around.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:06   #22
BHPian

nothings gonna happen unless the police wants to control this. trust me when the police has the desired wish everything falls in line within a week. so rather than "erriring cabbies the police should be targeted", they should be held equally responsible for the lawlessness observed by the cabbies & so on.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 19th January 2007 at 10:08.
Old 19th January 2007, 11:06   #23
BHPian

Is anybody heard about Janaagraha?. [ Janaagraha | Be The Change You Want To See]. I think it is a good platforum to improve conditions.
Old 19th January 2007, 11:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani View Post
nothings gonna happen unless the police wants to control this. trust me when the police has the "desired wish" everything falls in line within a week. so rather than "erriring cabbies the police should be targeted", they should be held equally responsible for the lawlessness observed by the cabbies & so on.
I agree, in hyderabad when the traffic police wished that janta are going to use the helmet and fasten the seat belts, they were pretty much done in a week. Now we see 90% result, which is a testimony of what kind power the police has. But this solution only at the ground level

Also on the companies level, they need to take this thing bit seriously. As rightly sugested by one of our bhpian, this has to brought to the notice of the parent companies of the MNCs here, that the people especially police are pretty unhappy with their companies attitude here. All the MNCs always want a clean image.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 19th January 2007 at 11:10.
Old 19th January 2007, 12:09   #25
BHPian

who is really checking the licenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Revoking the licenses of the individual driver is the best and effective action i believe. I dont think that in india revoking license will ever happen. That is why people dare to put others property and lives just beneath their wheels.

One shouldnt be threatened by huge fine (either by individual or company) and cancelling license otherwise people behind wheels wont care a damn!
Wont work unless it goes along with strict mechanisms to check licenses. I wanted to hire a driver for temporary period, out of the guys I talked to only two showed me licenses. Others were saying we have been driving for 10+ years, not once has any one asked for license, thats law enforcement in india.
Old 4th February 2007, 16:02   #26
BHPian

No point targeting MNCs they already suffer a lot for having invested in India - bad infrastructure, bribes at every turn, simple thing that gets done in minutes elsewhere taking days or years, harassment by petty babus, lack of employee loyalty, high costs of real estate rental etc. etc. They cannot be held responsible for fixing serious behavioural problems in our society on top of all this.

Better to go after the cab company owner. If enough pressure is applied he will take the easy way out - by acting against the driver. He will know how to do it. If you go against the driver he can instantly pretend to be the victim and turn the whole situation around. "Innocent working class person harrassed by rich car drivers"...they have unions and have more votes than we do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks