Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2019, 12:34   #46
BHPian

Re: What are your car & bike parking strategies for cities and highways?

As far as parking is concerned have observed these days that people are in too much hurry don't know what for and end up parking badly. Emergency are always an exception but when you do it intentionally that raises the eye brows on your common sense which has gone very uncommon. Happened to capture the below 2 pictures in one of the famous malls of Vadodara. The parking area is big enough at this mall and sparing few seconds the cars can be parked properly but people just seem to ignore it. Even after marking the parking space, people tend to park in their own way and at times consuming space for 2 cars. People should appreciate the fact that they are getting proper parking space and that too free but I guess they don't seem to bother and disturb the convenience of others. Let the pictures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
What are your car & bike parking strategies for cities and highways?-1.jpg  

What are your car & bike parking strategies for cities and highways?-2.jpg  

David Murx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 17:34   #47
BHPian

Re: What are your car & bike parking strategies for cities and highways?

1. My preference - park bumper to bumper with adequate space to let even novice drivers take their car. Door to door parking leads to dents on side doors.

2. I prefer walking 10 mins to park my car at a safe place.

3. I am put off by non availability of parking spaces. For the same errand I prefer going to a place with parking even if it's a little further away than the place without parking.

4. Many a times have changed dinner plans after driving to restaurants and not finding parking spaces there.

5. Most of my favourite restaurants are in very crowded places so I prefer to go there late night or early mornings.

6. Shade or no shade doesn't matter. Cars are made to sustain sun and rains anyway. Hot oven for a while is better than a scratched car anyday.

7. When in doubt I do check for a clamp on the front left wheel because some fool thinks it's ok to clamp the front left wheel when parked in No Parking unknowingly.

8. Park where cars are parked and not amidst bikes. I find them careless while removing their bikes leading to scratches.

9. Importantly, I drop the passengers first and then go to park the car. I don't want to park the car perfectly close to the footpath, lots of left, right, front and back only to find a passenger hitting the door to the footpath, tree or pole beside the car while getting down.

10. At home I park as much away from the wall as possible so the door doesn't hit the wall or fence on opening as I know my cleaner is careless and will hit the wall when he opens. Fortunately, I can do that but many car owners in my apartment cannot do that even if they want to.

11. On highways - As much away from the road as possible. Don't mind getting the car into muddy waters. Dirty cars look good.

12. Movie only multiplex. No single screen theatres. Reason parking space and not Dolby sound or something else.

Parking spaces must be marked in such a way that even on fully opening all 4 doors the car must be a feet away from the adjacent car. Atleast in apartments. Sadly, that's not the case in most places.

Last edited by bharatbits : 21st September 2019 at 17:52.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks