Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2007, 22:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Vtec from chennai

First a big thanks to all the folks who helped me in my search for a Vtec for a very good friend of mine. I found one 2002 Black Beauty in Chennai at a dealers' place. First the pics, then the story.

Tyres being changed to Pilot Precidas 195/65/14

I had seen this car in a private dealership & test drove it too. Then i called my friend & told him about it. The car was fantastic, but i could not make a decision on his behalf. So i wanted to check the history before i pay the advance. This was on a sunday afternoon & the dealer said they are about to close now & that i can come back on wednesday morning after pongal hoildays & take the car & that he will not finalise with anyone without consulting me. I trusted that sales girl & walked off. I had already taken 2 cars from them before including my present car. So i had that confidence. I tell my friend & he comes on wednesday morning loaded with the moolah & we drive over to the dealership first thing wednesday morning. on the way, i just call up the salesgirl to tell her that we were on the way & we get the shock of our lives. She says that car has already been advanced. She says that after i left, within 2 minutes someone had come & seen the car & advanced 1.5L & that the car cannot be given now. i try to persuade her, but she is very adamant & we were absolutely flabbergasted. i could not look into my friend's face & he could not believe that i did not make a token advance. I just trusted that old hag & left. She was so damn sure that it wont go away. she has left within minutes after i left & another sales girl has closed the deal with this new customer.

we went to the dealership straightaway & tried to reason with them that only on the sales girl's word i had not paid any advance. but there was no giving in. My friend became so desperate & offered 25k more. that deal had been made for 4.75L. Then we met the owner of the place who recognised me immediately as the person who took 2 green esteems from him & i briefed him about what happened. My desperate friend again offered to pay him 25k more (take no offence guys, he was desperate for a black vtec). This is where the most extraordinary thing happened. The owner of the dealership went out to make a call & he came back & said the deal is yours for a consideration of 10 k more, that meant 4.75L + 10k = 4.85L. WOW !!! what a relief man. I feel sorry about the bloke who paid that advance though. better luck next time dude. Goes to show all good things never come easy. There was so much tension around when we knew what happened first & then it turned to such a relief. Opposite emotions to the extreme limits on a single morning.

P.S. Sorry about the quality of the pics. Taken from SE W550i. I had taken a few more good snaps but i deleted them accidentally. I will post more pics after my trip to bangalore.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 12th February 2007 at 23:00.
Old 13th February 2007, 00:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

congrats. how many kms on the clock?
Old 13th February 2007, 00:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car. You may want to check the tyre size though.
Old 13th February 2007, 00:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the putchase !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This is where the most extraordinary thing happened. The owner of the dealership went out to make a call & he came back & said the deal is yours for a consideration of 10 k more, that meant 4.75L + 10k = 4.85L. WOW !!! what a relief man. I feel sorry about the bloke who paid that advance though. better luck next time dude. Goes to show all good things never come easy.
I sincerely hope you guys are not the ones that got conned into paying 10k more
Old 13th February 2007, 00:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats E_L.That car looks as good as new.
Old 13th February 2007, 01:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wow she looks like a real beauty EL! Your friend is a lucky guy, my congratulations to him!!

BTW did you fit 195/65 or 195/60 or 186/65?
Old 13th February 2007, 01:29   #7
BANNED

WOW!! Another Vtec!! That too looks good and in mint condition it seems!!

Congrats EL!!
Old 13th February 2007, 06:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! The car looks cool and has a fancy number too !!
Old 13th February 2007, 08:50   #9
BHPian

esteem_lover-congrats on the buy,when you starting with mod jobs?
Old 13th February 2007, 12:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I sincerely hope you guys are not the ones that got conned into paying 10k more
exactly what my wife felt. but think of it, my friend was ready to pay 5L or maybe the crazy guy would have agreed for even 6L. He was asking to speak to the guy who made the advance. He was that desparate. Instead of taking the 25k offered, he took only 10k, now do you think he cheated us ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Wow she looks like a real beauty EL! Your friend is a lucky guy, my congratulations to him!!
BTW did you fit 195/65 or 195/60 or 186/65?
Thanks iraghava, it is a real beauty which looks even more stunning after my friend has taken it. Yeah, the tyre size was 195/60/14. i couldn't remember, it was such an emotional day that was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
esteem_lover-congrats on the buy,when you starting with mod jobs?

K & N Filter has been put as of now. i have to get into bangalore one of these days & with the help of the bangy BHPians would have to do the other mods. The ICE & interiors have already been done. WIll post more pics soon.

thanks again guys. cheers
Old 13th February 2007, 12:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

EL

Great find and congo to your friend. The black is really stunning. I just love the OE alloys on the Vtec. I really am keen to fit those on my OHC 1.5 . But sourcing them is difficult thats what I have heard.

Looks like the car gods smiled on your friend and he was lucky to bag the car.

How much has it clocked btw?

Last edited by Dippy : 13th February 2007 at 12:38.
Old 13th February 2007, 12:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

It had done 58k when we took it & that was genuine mileage with service records. Whitefield honda was particular about the service records when he gave it for service there.
Old 13th February 2007, 13:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

superb looking car...and great price i think...! congrats to u and ur friend..

i think, the emotion attached to the purchase of such cars is always overwhelming...

had a similar "slip" when i went to pick up my car 2 years back

i was short by 1.5L and was banking on a friend to give me a short term loan. he backed out in the last moment and somehow got a relief from the owner for just 1 day and got the money the very next day...

after that it was all excitement, getting the car serviced, having the bumpers painted etc...and the rest as they say is history !!!
Old 13th February 2007, 13:51   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont worry abt the price and circumstances - so long as they were under control. I always believe that if you want something passionately, everything else becomes immaterial automatically. Its mental satisfaction that counts.

Congrats.

Your pal and Ajmat(hallowed be his name) would have fun comparing each other's black VTECs.

Last edited by theMAG : 13th February 2007 at 13:54.
Old 13th February 2007, 13:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Reading your story made me remember the time i went and saw my OHC. I just saw the car and took a decision in 10 min to buy it. But I had no money to pay as a token. So I told the guy that I'm buying it and that he could send his man to my office the next day to collect some cash advance since i didnt have any at that time. He assured me me he would park the car away. Luckily he too my word and sent his guy the next day. So luckily I didnt get any shockers. But yes as my advance reached him a Prasi gentleman was hellbent on buying the car but by then it was already mine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks