Team-BHP - Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/21334-short-fueling-tricks-petrol-stations-12.html)

i doubt any of these tricks works except the pump guy don't show the meter and start filling petrol with the last reading say 100/200 rs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 (Post 1270850)
Well many of these posts sound the same and honestly I don't think any of these "tricks" even work anymore.

They really need to have self-fill stations in India. Swipe your card, fill, and go. Attendants are entirely unnecessary!

I found a petrol bunk in Bangalore that allows you to pump your own gas - its the one in HSR layout next to the police station.

The next time you go there, notice that the machines have a notice that reads - "self fueling option available - please ask the attendant". I haven't tried it yet but will do for my next tankful.

I have been following this thread and was very much alert when buying fuel from any petrol bunk.
There is new trick apart from start-stop method. This I have experience personally and would like to share with you all so that you all are aware of it when you fill up.
There is a COCO pump in BKC - Bandra - Kurla complex ( HP ) where I always fill my zen. Yesterday as usual I shut my engine, came out of the car and asked the attendant for full tank with auto shut. I was watching the meter all the time, then another person asks me regarding water, coolent check up, I did not even looked at him and continue to ignore him as I was watching the meter and the other attendant who was about to fill the petrol.
After about one liter of petrol gone in the tank I heard the nozzle has been stop, I was told that air has got in the nozzle, again after another liter has gone I heard the nozzle has stop. This time again I was told “air paked raha hai” I immediately asked him to stop, asked him to reset the meter and then start again, now the other person comes and puts the nozzle back in and the pumping start after the reset, this time the “AIR” dose not come in the picture. After the tank has been filled up I paid two bills one for two liters before reset and another for 22 liters after reset. At the back of my mind I knew that there is some mischief being played here but could not think much. There was only one way to confirm – Since I was to calculate average of my zen by tank full method after this tank full. I was not surprised that my average has gone down. That time I realized that Yes I have been cheated by this new trick. “ AIR PAKAD RAHA HAI”.

Guys be careful

Uday

Quote:

Originally Posted by udaydesai (Post 1340951)
I have been following this thread and was very much alert when buying fuel from any petrol bunk.
There is new trick apart from start-stop method. This I have experience personally and would like to share with you all so that you all are aware of it when you fill up.
There is a COCO pump in BKC - Bandra - Kurla complex ( HP ) where I always fill my zen. Yesterday as usual I shut my engine, came out of the car and asked the attendant for full tank with auto shut. I was watching the meter all the time, then another person asks me regarding water, coolent check up, I did not even looked at him and continue to ignore him as I was watching the meter and the other attendant who was about to fill the petrol.
After about one liter of petrol gone in the tank I heard the nozzle has been stop, I was told that air has got in the nozzle, again after another liter has gone I heard the nozzle has stop. This time again I was told “air paked raha hai” I immediately asked him to stop, asked him to reset the meter and then start again, now the other person comes and puts the nozzle back in and the pumping start after the reset, this time the “AIR” dose not come in the picture. After the tank has been filled up I paid two bills one for two liters before reset and another for 22 liters after reset. At the back of my mind I knew that there is some mischief being played here but could not think much. There was only one way to confirm – Since I was to calculate average of my zen by tank full method after this tank full. I was not surprised that my average has gone down. That time I realized that Yes I have been cheated by this new trick. “ AIR PAKAD RAHA HAI”.

Guys be careful

Uday

'm not clear what the trick here is. Unless air is really getting sucked in while filling, how does this trick work? Or did they plan to fill litre-by-litre and make you loose count of how many litres was actually filled in?

^ I dont know about Uday.
But the trick in this is that the attendent does not reset the meter.

So say he stopped at 200 Rupees.
He wont reset. He after adjusting and removing the vapor lock will proceed from 200 to say 800.
and then he will claim that he has filled 1000 worth. First 200. Then 800.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1341279)

He wont reset. He after adjusting and removing the vapor lock will proceed from 200 to say 800.

Yes you are very much right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykk (Post 1341143)
'm not clear what the trick here is. Unless air is really getting sucked in while filling, how does this trick work? Or did they plan to fill litre-by-litre and make you loose count of how many litres was actually filled in?

If I had continued to fill my tank I would have got 2L less fuel
The air is just the reason for him, He might have done it intentially by hand as he had not taken off his hand from the nozzle.
You have to be very very careful. since I was standing between the attendent and the punp, i had only one option either to look at the pump for the reading OR look at the attendent. Next time I will make sure that my eye sight will be on both of them.
Uday

Quote:

Originally Posted by udaydesai (Post 1342121)
Next time I will make sure that my eye sight will be on both of them.
Uday

Good that you brought this to light.
Next time I suggest if "air" comes in, tell the attendant to get his pump fixed and drive off after filling in for Rs100.
To rub more salt, ask them to get a complaint book to report faulty pumps that get "air" from somewhere.

Regards,

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amohit (Post 1342279)
Good that you brought this to light.
Next time I suggest if "air" comes in, tell the attendant to get his pump fixed and drive off after filling in for Rs100.
To rub more salt, ask them to get a complaint book to report faulty pumps that get "air" from somewhere.

Regards,

This is a very common trick. Distract, Dont reset and then claim to put the totalled amount worth fuel. I have fallen for it myself.

The key is to ask them to reset to 0 (and verify yourself before they start filling again), everytime they stop fuelling.

Quote:

---from 200 to say 800.and then he will claim that he has filled 1000 worth. First 200. Then 800.

I don't know if I got this right or not but I remember the same thing happened to me once. I filled up near sarita vihar BP pump. The dispenser automatically got off after 200 rs worth of petrol. Guy told me 'pump mein air aa gaya hai'. He didn't reset the meter, pressed the dispenser lever manually till reading got 1000 rs. At this point the dispenser again automatically got off. He said 'tank full ho gaya'. I paid 1000/- bucks and waited for 2 minutes for petrol needle to climb up. It rose to bit more than 3/4 th mark only :Shockked:and not to Full . I was surprised but drove off as there was no option.

Any one resident of RT nagar bangalore here or passing through RT nagar.
There is a pump which is run by IBP (i think) its right next to the Huge Nandhini Palace.
Please stay away from it as far as possible.
100% crooks. i caught him trying to cheat me once. I asked him to fill for 1000 bucks and he was filling ,all of sudden an attender comes and asks cash or card i lose my attention for a sec and the guy filling stops the meter at 800 exact. Luckily i turned at that moment and caught him in the act. I just gave him a proper stare and he unwillingly filled for another 200 bucks and charged me the 1000bucks. After this i never went there again. I fill in the newly opened shell on bellary road near mekhri circle.

Was shocked to see the shell pump on the bhel side of Mysore road trying the same trick of short filling. They say "sir, pump is running slow, we are going to speed it up" after stopping in between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay (Post 1343129)
Was shocked to see the shell pump on the bhel side of Mysore road trying the same trick of short filling. They say "sir, pump is running slow, we are going to speed it up" after stopping in between.

Has shell started to resort to this sort of thing too? I have stopped filling at shell since the time 2 months back I got a terrible mileage out of my swift on the blr-mys highway with a tankful of shell super. Filled BP regular the next few times and the car returned the usual 15.5-16.5 kmpl (highway).
Had filled at shell, Tumkur rd on the left after the Jalahalli crossing (while driving out of Blr).
I think this was a fuel quality/quantity issue as I have never had this problem before or since.

Reminds me of a funny event where it was MY mistake and the fuel attendant was very sincere. In Bangalore I was to meet my school time sweetheart after 9 years. Was excited as hell at the prospects and while filling my Bajaj M80 for the "date" saw her across the road. Man she was looking good!

I had asked for fuel worth 200 Rs. As soon as I saw her I just pushed the attendant away and shoved the 2 Rs 100 notes to him and rode off.
No wonder I ran out of fuel, but thats another story (no regrets though).

Next morning I went to the same fuel bunk (one on MG Road that frequently was shut down those days - 1997-98). The same guy was there and he came to me grinning and said "yenna sire, esthu excited? Nice friend!". Then said he would fill 150/- worth fuel since last time I had rushed off with only around 45 Rs fuel.stupid:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note (Post 1343262)
Reminds me of a funny event ...............................

Love and honesty are always in short supply! That story warmed the cockles of my cynical heart.

YouTube - ap7am.com :- Sakshi Tv Focus on Cheating by Petrol Pumps in Hyderabad